• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order confirmed before card payment completed

Have operational shop linked to secure credit card clearance. Experienced situation today where customer went in to ePDQ three page 'clearance' sequence but did not complete, exiting browser at second page by clicking out of IE.

Resultant order registered in shop and showing on reports in admin with order ID number. Check with ePDQ admin area showed (as one would expect) no transaction/no payment made.

I thought that where an external payment facility - payPal, ePDQ, Protx, etc - was linked, shop orders were not confirmed until that payment facility returned an OK to the shop. Exiting the payment process for whatever reason (accidental exit, power cut, etc) after pressing the CONFIRM button in osCommerce checkout sequence and triggering a non-paid sale is a problem.

Does anyone know how to overcome this?

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem but orders are being stored even before confirmed has been clicked!

If I try a test order myself once I have clicked "continue" on the payment information screen it registers an order. I don't even need to confirm the order on the next screen for it to appear as though the customer placed the order!

PLEASE can someone say why they think this may be happening as I'm getting hundreds of false orders from people checking postage prices before wanting to make an actual order and I've no way of knowing them from the people who have intended to place them and couldn't pay.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived