• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Zoom images

candela

That's interesting! I just stumbled across this thread.

I was looking to do something similar to this (as Amazon have done on their new shoe website). Do you know if this has been integrated into osC? I see a couple of contributions for image zooming but have yet to try them out.

The seem to be too approaches - the javascript and the flash image. Of course the flash is a bit smoother and I'm not sure which would accomodate more people and degrade better. Both approaches seem to be free to use on your website.

Ideally I am looking to just replace the medium-sized image on the product page with this.

Tried the most recent popup zoom contribution but although it kind of worked, it just zoomed in and back out of the pop-up image without really adding much benefit. There was no option to zoom in to a particular part of the image detail. The other problem was that it distorts the image so I found that some of my images were shorter and fatter than they should have been.