• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Checkout orders are not posting in the Admin UI

DorianJ

I installed the Google Checkout module two days ago. I just received my first order confirmation via e-mail from Google so that confirms that the module works. However the order does NOT show up in the Admin UI. This is not good and I have no idea where to begin looking for the problem.

Need help urgently.

-Dorian

Yes, I've checked all of the GoogleCheckout log pages and all of them say...

# This file is used to record all the response errors encountered by Google Checkout Plugin

Nothing of use there, but glad to know I'm not alone with this issue. Perhaps there's a conflict with some of the other payment modules. Regardless, if it can't be fixed then I'm going to have to (sadly) ditch the Google Checkout.

-Dorian

It must be something in the responsehandler.php but I've reached my limit of being able to troubleshoot it. Some things I've read through the mess of 28 pages.

-Try turning "Prevent Spider sessions" to false in "Sessions" from admin

-Double Check the API call back url

-Check that permissions for the googlecheckout directory and the log pages are set to 777

The first and last items I had already done.

Not sure what the second item you mention should be set to, nor what screen I have to be on to make the change.

-Double Check the API call back url

-Dorian

I got another order via Google Checkout today. Still didn't work so I think that is the correct API callback URL.

I've posted for help with this on Google Groups and have had no responses. :(

-Dorian

NOW IT WORKS!!! AMAZING!!! :D

This doesn't really make any sense. I've had three Google Checkout orders in three days and none of them posted to the Admin UI.

I just did another sandbox test run (updated the GC Admin UI settings to use the sandbox) and registered a new Google Account user during the checkout process. Then entered my address, phone, payment info and completed the Google Checkout process. THIS TIME IT WORKED! The order posted to the osC Admin UI. And because it was done on the sandbox server, it did not post in my Google Checkout merchant account (proving that the sandbox environment is working).

I then switched all GC Admin UI setting back to use the production server then had my Dad place an order. It worked! Why did it work this time? I don't know. Nothing has changed. All files and permissions are the same. Nothing is different. It doesn't make a bit of sense, but at least it's working (knock on wood)!

I hope everyone else gets something magical to help them out because I sure did. I'm truly confused by this.

-Dorian

NOW IT WORKS!!! AMAZING!!! :D

This doesn't really make any sense. I've had three Google Checkout orders in three days and none of them posted to the Admin UI.

I just did another sandbox test run (updated the GC Admin UI settings to use the sandbox) and registered a new Google Account user during the checkout process. Then entered my address, phone, payment info and completed the Google Checkout process. THIS TIME IT WORKED! The order posted to the osC Admin UI. And because it was done on the sandbox server, it did not post in my Google Checkout merchant account (proving that the sandbox environment is working).

I then switched all GC Admin UI setting back to use the production server then had my Dad place an order. It worked! Why did it work this time? I don't know. Nothing has changed. All files and permissions are the same. Nothing is different. It doesn't make a bit of sense, but at least it's working (knock on wood)!

I hope everyone else gets something magical to help them out because I sure did. I'm truly confused by this.

Hi DorianJ, is good to hear that is working in an other commerce :D

For future questions please refer to the official thread for a better and faster answer

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229637

ropu

For future questions please refer to the official thread for a better and faster answer

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229637

ropu

Thank you, but that "official" thread is ridiculous. Everybody's problem is posted in there. It is impossible to follow a logical discussion thread because there are literally hundreds of posts all mish-mashed over the top of one another. It's actually discouraging that the administrators of these forums can't see that and create a sub forum just for the Google Checkout module. I mean, come on! That thread is over FOUR months old and has nearly 600 posts in it! How can that possibly be helpful to anyone?

Do these forums even have moderators? Or is this a free-for-all-because-we-love-chaos community?

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=247320

-Dorian