. ' - ' . TITLE : TITLE

with

' ' : ' '

and add

TITLE

just after 'echo' so that it looks like

...echo TITLE .

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Hi Ken,

Many thanks for the reply but i figured out problem 1.

For the homepage, I had already assigned my keywords to the $kws_home_default variable. However there is a . before the =

I removed this and everything worked as i wanted it to.

However, I still cant figure out the product page title tag. The code you refered to doesn't exist on my product_info.php. Here is what it says -

<title><?php echo $header_tags[title_tag]; ?></title>
<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $header_tags[desc_tag]; ?>">
<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo $header_tags[keywords_tag]; ?>">

in the install instructions, there are two options/ways to add the meta tags. use the second one, which I referred to.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

Hi Ken,

I did try the second one but it doesn't diplay my preferred title that i enter into the Product Meta Tags section through OsCommerce Admin. It instead displays the Product name and category like this - "product name goes here - Category name goes here"

in that case, what you used as mentioned in your Post #652 should do the job - a very straightforward thing, can't see it would go wrong.

Ken

Hi,

Sorry if This is in the wrong place or totally wrong but this is the first time I have posted on this forum. Thanks to this forum and the great info on it I have built a website that for somebody inexperienced I dont think has come out to bad. I am now looking at some seo and thought i would install the cont. I have been through it now what seems like 100 times and read through all the threads but can not find a solution. I have no doubt at all it is something i have done but if somebody could point me in the right direction as to where to look to do corrections i would be really grateful. basicall i have the options - product meta tags and catagory meta tags as you would expect but when i click on them i get this error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@********.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Katie

1. a number of reasons could cause this type of 500 error; w/o looking at the site & the files, gard to say exactly what may go wrong; only takes a minute for an experiensed person to determine the cause;

2. this contr. would not cause it unless you make mistake when editing the files;

3. it may help as the error msg suggests to look at the error log (ask host for where it is or if its available) although many times 500 error wont be recorded in the error log if not caused by a line of code.

4. lack of details what exactly you did: did the site work OK prior to this contr.? what exactly you click and where you saw this error?

5. if error occured immediatly after installation of this cont the it may be right place, otherwise wrong place to post your question

Ken

Hi Thanks for your help,

The site its self is still working fine and is still accessable in the normal way. The problem is when I try to access either product meta tags or category meta tags in the admin/catalog section of my site it comes up with that error message rather than pulling up the tables as shown in the screen shots. Sorry for being so vauge. I will see if I can access any error reports when i get home this evening.

thanks again

katie

• 2 weeks later...

I have this contribution installed and I love it! The only question I have is regarding the Category meta tag portion. When I log into my admin portion of the site and edit the meta tag title name, description, and keywords, and then I visit my site (http://www.jabcellular.com) and click on the different categories, nothing changes.. The titles are the same, etc.. I'm not getting any errors, it just simply does not change.

Please advise!!

Thank you,

Alex

Alex Blythe

JAB Cellular - Owner

you missed this part of installations: How to use - adding dynamic header tags to your shop.

Ken

Hi all,

I am a bit stuck,

I have installed everything to a point but when i get to the how to use stage where it asks me to find <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title> on my index.php page

its just not there? am i missing something here?

Regards

Dave

...to a point but when i get to the how to use stage where it asks me to find <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title> on my index.php page

its just not there? ...

are you using a template? and what is the template? the instructions are for standard, non-template osc shop only. if using template, read the first several pages of this thread there is instruction on how to do it on certain template, which may help.

Good Luck!

Ken

are you using a template? and what is the template? the instructions are for standard, non-template osc shop only. if using template, read the first several pages of this thread there is instruction on how to do it on certain template, which may help.

Good Luck!

Ken

Hi Ken,

Nope when I originally installed osc it was a vanilla install. I have jigged the css and images a bit but not using a template.

I just can understand why i can t see the code mentioned in the how to use section.

Very odd

Hi Ken,

Nope when I originally installed osc it was a vanilla install. I have jigged the css and images a bit but not using a template.

I just can understand why i can t see the code mentioned in the how to use section.

Very odd

According to the instructions i should be seing <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title> somewhere on this page right?

http://www.favouriteflies.com/index.php

you not only have one title tag but TWO title tags, which is wrong. you can search the file for the word title and you should find all of them.

alternatively, paste the FIRST 60 lines or so of the index.php here beginning from

require('includes/application_top.php');

and dont say you can't find that line of code?

Ken

Edited by GemRock

you not only have one title tag but TWO title tags, which is wrong. you can search the file for the word title and you should find all of them.

alternatively, paste the FIRST 60 lines or so of the index.php here beginning from

require('includes/application_top.php');

and dont say you can't find that line of code?

Ken

Hi Ken,

found that line of code but im not sure i understand what you mean when you say paste the first 60 lines or so from the index.php,

What index file are you referring to?

...my index.php page

and

According to the instructions i should be seing <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title> somewhere on this page right?

http://www.favouriteflies.com/index.php

rather, what index file you are referring to???

Edited by GemRock

Hi Ken i am referring to my index.php file

so am I.

Ken

Hi Ken where is your index.php file so i can have a look at it?

How? are you going to travel all the way down to London to see it on my computers? I have tons of them :)

you just need to download a copy of osc2.2RC2a available on this forum - solutions - downloads. on the other hand you already saw it in the instructions - I have quoted the relevant parts of the file in the instructions.

Ken

Hey guys,

I have this contribution working fine for products. The title tag works fine for categories also, but my index, and category pages (and I'm sure others) have no keywords or description. Has anyone set this up so they are able to define custom category tags from the admin side? I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Scott

Hey guys,

I have this contribution working fine for products. The title tag works fine for categories also, but my index, and category pages (and I'm sure others) have no keywords or description. Has anyone set this up so they are able to define custom category tags from the admin side? I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Scott

Well, I'm paying someone to do it for me right now, so I'll let you know what they figure out.

...so I'll let you know what they figure out.

a 5 minutes work if i personally get my hands on it and if i have the time (possibly yes for 5 minutes).

Ken

Hi All

Any question should be posted here. Do NOT pm or email me unless you wish to pay.

Ken