• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Japanese Language Pack

Sierrab

I have no problem inputting catalog items in Japanese, but when I try and edit the text on the catalog pages such as the japanese index.php I only seem to get gibberish as output, Dreamweaver asks for unicode UTF 8 but that doesn't work due to the modular nature of the pages. I would be grateful for a walk through on how to edit the pages from anyone who has done this

For those who come up with a similar problem, the solution was fairly simple...set the page encoding in Page Properties to Japanese (EUC) and then hit the reset button!! All the gibberish becomes correct Japanese!!

• 4 months later...
For those who come up with a similar problem, the solution was fairly simple...set the page encoding in Page Properties to Japanese (EUC) and then hit the reset button!! All the gibberish becomes correct Japanese!!

Thanks for the solution!

:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How about editing in wordpad?How i have to set encoding?

I believe unicode. The reason I say that is the other day I was fiddling with the UTF and other options of my notepad and I saved in unicode and it looked like Japanese! I may be wrong.

edit> PS. I'm still searching for the Japanese pack. I've come across two support threads so far. Okay, back to search! and thanks for those tips :)

Edited by joy99