• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Obtaining OSC latest ver

morgan1

I saw that link but I wasn't sure, the description made it sound like a beta version.

I'm a little confused. Is there only ONE version of OSC? But there are 3 versions of CREL? By the way, would I be better off using OSC over CREL?

I saw that link but I wasn't sure, the description made it sound like a beta version.

I'm a little confused. Is there only ONE version of OSC? But there are 3 versions of CREL? By the way, would I be better off using OSC over CREL?

The version on the download page osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817

is the last stable version that you should be using for a live shop.

The question of wether or not to use a loaded version is really a personal one. The two main problems with using a loaded version are the fact that a lot of the additions may not be ones you will want to use and the fact that you will need to get any support from the cre forums instead of here.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

I suppose what i need to know to decide, is if OSC has all the features of CREL(standard-free, Prp, or Pro-B2B) or is it superior?

Are all the OSC contributions typically a part of OSC MS2.2, like http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1781 . They are not optional modules are they?

The important items to me initially are Express Checkout, Shipping Calculator on Cart view, Option Groups for each product, and Print of Order/Invoice.

So the big question is, why would anyone buy CRE for $175 or $300, if OSC is superior to any CRE and Free?

Thanks

I suppose what i need to know to decide, is if OSC has all the features of CREL(standard-free, Prp, or Pro-B2B) or is it superior?

Are all the OSC contributions typically a part of OSC MS2.2, like http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1781 . They are not optional modules are they?

The important items to me initially are Express Checkout, Shipping Calculator on Cart view, Option Groups for each product, and Print of Order/Invoice.

So the big question is, why would anyone buy CRE for $175 or $300, if OSC is superior to any CRE and Free?

Thanks

Oscommerce is the core system , the features you mentioned is add on features.

Cre loaded is a standard oscommerce with a sellection of contributions and the BTS template system installed.

If all you need now and in the future is in cre loaded , its an easy way to go ...

BUT if you later want more mods , using a loaded version will make adding new features/contributions the more difficult

Oscommerce is the core system , the features you mentioned is add on features.

Cre loaded is a standard oscommerce with a sellection of contributions and the BTS template system installed.

If all you need now and in the future is in cre loaded , its an easy way to go ...

BUT if you later want more mods , using a loaded version will make adding new features/contributions the more difficult

How about...

On the Contributions page, a heading named "Features" 1217 Packages is listed.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions

Does this mean that osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 includes all 1,217 packages listed? If so this answers all my questions.

Thanks

No, it does not include all of the contributions. They are there so you can find the ones you want and install them yourself.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I did not suggest it includes ALL contributions.

I'm asking what they mean by the heading "Features"?

I understand that not All contributions are included. "Features" does not list all contributions.

But "Features" does include some from all groups.

The other contributions listed total 2,606.

What would be the meaning of "Features" if they are not part of OSC 2.2 Milestone 2 Update.

Features is just one group of contributions that can be added. Just like Shipping, Payment Modules, Images, Languages and so on.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

So...

Does OSC include Any contributions when initially downloaded, other than the one I know of "Ship in Cart [MS2]"?

Is there a way of knowing which contributions it includes without going through entire list and looking for the [MS2]?

I'm really not trying to be difficult, I'm just looking for a comprehensive list of contributions included in the initial download.

Thanks

So...

Does OSC include Any contributions when initially downloaded, other than the one I know of "Ship in Cart [MS2]"?

Is there a way of knowing which contributions it includes without going through entire list and looking for the [MS2]?

I'm really not trying to be difficult, I'm just looking for a comprehensive list of contributions included in the initial download.

Thanks

What contributions would you want to see in the download

This will probably be easier to answer

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Ok

I'm not sure of exatly which contributions, but the below features are needed.

Some are inherent to native OSC I'd hope.

1. Express Checkout - No user name, password, or account setup required

2. Shipping Calculator/Estimator - Zip code & Country input (included contrib 'Ship in Cart' [MS2])

3. Invoice / Order Print by Customer - At Checkout screen, etc.

4. Options for each item, color, size, etc. - Price changes accordingly

5. PayPal Payment, Pay by mail, ...

6. Residential OR Commercial Ship-To – Choose at Address entry

I'll have to review the entire list list of all contributions.

Ok

I'm not sure of exatly which contributions, but the below features are needed.

Some are inherent to native OSC I'd hope.

1. Express Checkout - No user name, password, or account setup required

2. Shipping Calculator/Estimator - Zip code & Country input (included contrib 'Ship in Cart' [MS2])

3. Invoice / Order Print by Customer - At Checkout screen, etc.

4. Options for each item, color, size, etc. - Price changes accordingly

5. PayPal Payment, Pay by mail, ...

6. Residential OR Commercial Ship-To – Choose at Address entry

I'll have to review the entire list list of all contributions.

1. Check the PWA Contribution

2. Will need to decide what shipper you are using but there are some contributions that can be installed

3. Included

4. Included

5. Included (Will need to install paypal IPN or you will experience not seeing orders if the customer does not return to site after payment)

6. Included with customers account - They can set up other shipping addresses

Any problems come back to me

HTH

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Ok

That's not so bad.

- Ship In Cart (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1781) is apparently included in [MS2]. I suppose in Admin the shipper(s) must be chosen, and links & perameters entered for real time quotes.

- The Residential/Commercial choice is required by UPS.

This moment I'm just trying to choose between OSC and CRELoaded 6.2 Pro. A few hours to get OSC equipped or $125US - ready to go.

This site example (CREL 6.2Pro) is what I'm after(functionally): http://www.etekmedia.co.uk/

Thanks again

Ok

That's not so bad.

- Ship In Cart (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1781) is apparently included in [MS2]. I suppose in Admin the shipper(s) must be chosen, and links & perameters entered for real time quotes.

- The Residential/Commercial choice is required by UPS.

This moment I'm just trying to choose between OSC and CRELoaded 6.2 Pro. A few hours to get OSC equipped or $125US - ready to go.

This site example (CREL 6.2Pro) is what I'm after(functionally): http://www.etekmedia.co.uk/

Thanks again

Ship in cart is not included in the default set-up , the MS 2 just means that its available for MS 2 based carts.

So you would have to install that one as a add on too.

Archived