• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Random Order Number

veverkap

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loaded the random order number contribution and found that my download site... my downloads are not functioning anymore??? It was working before i installed the contribution and works when I reload my backup and edit the sql tables again.

I had the same problem until I removed the letters from the random order number. There is an if statement in downloads.php that checks for a numeric value in the order number. I tried removing that portion of the if structure, but it didn't work. There must be something elsewhere that doesn't like the letters.

Charlie

Was this problem solved??

Warren

I don't believe so I've been watching this thread and noone has come up with a solution yet for random order number and still be able to download items on a download site.

Sighhhhh

I loaded the random order number contribution and found that my download site... my downloads are not functioning anymore??? It was working before i installed the contribution and works when I reload my backup and edit the sql tables again.

I had the same problem until I removed the letters from the random order number. There is an if statement in downloads.php that checks for a numeric value in the order number. I tried removing that portion of the if structure, but it didn't work. There must be something elsewhere that doesn't like the letters.

Charlie

Warren

I don't believe so I've been watching this thread and noone has come up with a solution yet for random order number and still be able to download items on a download site.

Sighhhhh

I thought the solution was to remove the letters from your random order #. Isn't that what this sentence says?

"I had the same problem until I removed the letters from the random order number. "

If that statement is true, then just use a random number scheme that doesn't insert any letters. Seems simple enough to me.

Have you ever gotten any help from these forums? Be part of the community and help out by answering a question or 2.

Pass on what you know about OSC to someone who needs help.

• 2 weeks later...

I added the contribution, but I have a trouble...

I really appreciate your advice, with the following error in my database

MYSQL QUERY ERROR REPORT

---------------------------------------

1062 - Error 1062 Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

PS

I followed all steps.

Can you do this?:

Maintain your real order number (for proper download functionality for one, but also for sorting, without having to mod an additional sort routine)

But DISPLAY a "fake" derivative of that number.

Maybe a linear matrix? Or even as simple as, the real numbers are all the odd numbers... invoice 1003 could be 19050637. 1x0x0x3x where all the X's are random numbers.

Just anytime the number is displayed, do the above. The number will still have significance, but only you understand :).

This number will need to be stored as well of course, so the customer's order number doesn't change every time... Or, maybe the numbers could be put through some math algorithm...

- - - -

Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.

Charlie

Warren

Sighhhhh

It solved the problem for me. I get random order numbers and my downloads page works now.

Charlie

Charlie

Warren

Sighhhhh

It solved the problem for me. I get random order numbers and my downloads page works now.

Charlie

how did you get this mod to work and still have download functionality? i'm using the downloads controller mod also.

In the random order number generator function, remove the part that adds the characters and make sure there are no dashes.

There is some checking done in the downloads controller that check for a numeric value in the order number. The alpha characters make it choke.

Charlie

• 1 month later...

I've installed the code to generate an order number based on the date & a random number, but no matter what I do, the database lists the order no as '2147483647' The order no in the email is correct. What's going wrong?

The order number comes from -

srand ((float) microtime() * 10000000);

$r1 = rand(100,999);

$t1 = date("yzhis");

$ordernum = $t1.$r1;

Other than that, I followed the instructions in the contribution.

I've installed the code to generate an order number based on the date & a random number, but no matter what I do, the database lists the order no as '2147483647'  The order no in the email is correct. What's going wrong?

The order number comes from -  

$r1 = rand(100,999);

$t1 = date("yzhis");

$ordernum = $t1.$r1;

Other than that, I followed the instructions in the contribution.

probably you missed the place where it inserts the order into DB - the ID field ist left away as it's autovalue... you would need to add it manually and run a check for already existing number... btw - using just microtime will probably be better than using random + time as you always have the danger of random hitting the same value 2x

probably you missed the place where it inserts the order into DB - the ID field ist left away as it's autovalue... you would need to add it manually and run a check for already existing number... btw - using just microtime will probably be better than using random + time as you always have the danger of random hitting the same value 2x

Do you mean this bit?

4. Change this Code:  

$insert_id = tep_db_insert_id();  

to the following code:  

$insert_id = $ordernum;  

I've double checked & it is there. What else should I check?

Surely using both the random number & the time reduces the chance of 2 the same, since even if 2 people order at the same second, the random part will be different.

1. changed orders_id type from INT(11) to VARCHAR(11) in the following tables:  

orders

orders_products

orders_products_attributes

orders_products_download

orders_status_history

orders_total

2. Pasted randomizing code right before this line

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

3. changed  

$sql_data_array = array('customers_id' => $customer_id,

to

$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $ordernum,

'customers_id' => $customer_id,

Double check that you did 1, 2, and 3. If you have 1 and 3, you might want to post the code you used for 2, perhaps there is an error.

Unfortunately, I can see ways that any of the four steps could produce the error that you get.

Good luck,

Matt

$r1 = rand(100,999);

$t1 = date("yzhis");

$ordernum = $t1.$r1;

If I replace that with just

$t1 = date("U");

$ordernum = $t1;

it seems to work. I'm continuing to try different ways to get this to work, because I really want to reduce the possibility of duplicated order nos.

If you change it to

$ordernum = "ORDER";

what happens?

If you get the -1 (2147483647) in the database that way, then I would say that the definition in the database is wrong and needs to be changed from INT to VARCHAR. If that works, then I would guess that there is an error with the randomization code.

Hth,

Matt

DOH!!! I didn't change INT to VARCHAR because I was only using numerics & not the random alphas. But of course its still VARCHAR because of conjoining the 2 values :oops: :roll: Thanks for the prompting.

I've now got the order number showing up ok, but orders are being duplicated in the database. Only one email is sent for each order number.

My Order History  

Order Number: 03199-123226777 Order Status: Pending  

Order Date: Saturday 19 July, 2003

Shipped To: test3 test Products: 1

Order Cost: ?5.42 View Order  

Order Number: 03199-123226777 Order Status: Pending  

Order Cost: ?10.42 View Order  

Order Number: 03199-122850848 Order Status: Pending  

Order Cost: ?5.42 View Order  

Order Number: 03199-122850848 Order Status: Pending  

Order Cost: ?10.42 View Order  

Displaying 1 to 4 (of 4 orders) Result Pages: 1  

Suggestions please anyone?

I've tested some more & not only does it copy a customers order under all their previous order numbers and add their previous orders under the current order number (as in the quote above) It also copies all previous orders when a new customer places an order!!!!

HELP!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This contribution is great. I would like to install it except that I don't know where to put the randan generating code ( which file). I know that the array's go in checkout_process, but other than that, I don't know. Please explain where each code should go in which files.

Thank You

Archived