• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Install Help

nickspurck

Okay,

First let me apologize for being such a noob, but I've read the entire thread and only 1 post came close to expounding on the "just drop it over an installation" approach.

I tried dropping these files into my /catalog directory and everything on my commerce site went blank.

Did hit the replace button on like files.

I restored to the original and am fine now, but could you elaborate a little more on installation in noob speak.

DO the image files go in the catalog/image folder? and only the php only go in the /catalog folder? should this be going in the catalogue/install folder.

Again any pointers or more clarification would be appreciated since just dropping it all in that folder doesn't seem to work and there aren't any directories specified.

I love OSCOMMERCE already, but am on week 1 of development.

Thanks in advance and thanks for what looks like a great contribution.

Nick

Okay,

First let me apologize for being such a noob, but I've read the entire thread and only 1 post came close to expounding on the "just drop it over an installation" approach.

I tried dropping these files into my /catalog directory and everything on my commerce site went blank.

Did hit the replace button on like files.

I restored to the original and am fine now, but could you elaborate a little more on installation in noob speak.

DO the image files go in the catalog/image folder? and only the php only go in the /catalog folder? should this be going in the catalogue/install folder.

Again any pointers or more clarification would be appreciated since just dropping it all in that folder doesn't seem to work and there aren't any directories specified.

I love OSCOMMERCE already, but am on week 1 of development.

Thanks in advance and thanks for what looks like a great contribution.

Nick

To sum it up, what goes in what folder in a default installation? I see some things I have to make a copy of for english and normal?

It appears to be anything but easy as I've tried all day to put it in and had to reset my site many times..

HELP!

Nick