• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

would love input on my store

kallista

You should really target a global market. It is so simple an inexpensive to post to other countries, by selling only to the USA you are really doing yourself out of business.

How easy is that to do? Any help would be helpful

blessings

kalloi

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear Adam

thanks for the info on my site, it was very much welcomed

I tried to look at what url

our search - http://amagicforest.com/images/amf.gif - did not match any documents.

but wouldn't come up for me to see what you were talking about being jagged..

I am going to change the header to another pic, so take a look at it and let me know what one you liked better.

as for the scrolling best sellers box...

yes it is a contib yes it is, but where it is , i dont know.. I will find it for you and send it to you ok?

blessings

kalli

Kalli,

Don't worry about finding the contrib for the bestsellers scroll, I already installed it;) That link I included is the "A Magic Forest" gif image that you have on your main page. That's what I was referring to when I say the black edges of that look jagged....I don't think it matches the smoothness of the rest of your site.

We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. - Jeff Bezos

Kalli,

Don't worry about finding the contrib for the bestsellers scroll, I already installed it;) That link I included is the "A Magic Forest" gif image that you have on your main page. That's what I was referring to when I say the black edges of that look jagged....I don't think it matches the smoothness of the rest of your site.

Yes, i noticed the jagged edges on the header, it was cleaned up the best ti came be, i am thinking of another one for there anyways. Glad you found the contrib for the bestsellers scroll. I went back and was looking for it but i couldnt find it lol

i think the site is done as far of putting it together, can you take another look and let me know if i got all the things i have missed along the way please?

blessings and thank you

kalli

Yes, i noticed the jagged edges on the header, it was cleaned up the best ti came be, i am thinking of another one for there anyways. Glad you found the contrib for the bestsellers scroll. I went back and was looking for it but i couldnt find it lol

i think the site is done as far of putting it together, can you take another look and let me know if i got all the things i have missed along the way please?

blessings and thank you

kalli

I will be putting up another a magic forest header , a cleaner one

thanks

blessings

kalli

I think your site looks awesome. Very well designed around your products. Nicely organized. I had no trouble navigating... Nice Job..

Thank you Dustin, that was very kind of you.

I will be changing the a magic forest, to a diff style and more crisp.

Blessings

kalli

Kalli,

Awarner20

greetings

Ok have a new a magic forest up, i think it looks way better then my old one..thank you Jonquil

what do you think?

thanks

blessings

kalli

Hello Kallista,

Are you using ppc advertising right now, such as adwords or overture? I would be interested learning what keywords you are targeting and where you are delivering those prospects in your website.

Using this valuable keyword estimation tool , I can do some keyword brainstorming for your magic pillow group of products. Here are the keywords that stuck out the most from my limited research:

sleep mask ---- 25,151

sleep aid ----- 598,987

Now you already sell a sleep mask, so you have an opportunity to capitalize on this keyword. However, if you want to take things a step further, you can try advertising your pillows to be a natural, drug free sleep aid (of course after checking out what the competition for that keyword is). If you could pull this off, get a decent amount of traffic, and sustain the industry average conversion rate of 2.6%; a lot of money can be made.

After seeing how much work it is required to implement this kind of marketing, you can understand why a lot of stores are increasingly becoming smaller, and more vertical. There is a lot more you need to know though, such as how to avoid being taxed by adwords with a low quality score. Read my review of Wizmo Magic for more information in this subject matter.

Good luck!

Best Regards,

Victor Wise

Hello Kallista,

Are you using ppc advertising right now, such as adwords or overture? I would be interested learning what keywords you are targeting and where you are delivering those prospects in your website.

Using this valuable keyword estimation tool , I can do some keyword brainstorming for your magic pillow group of products. Here are the keywords that stuck out the most from my limited research:

sleep mask ---- 25,151

sleep aid ----- 598,987

Now you already sell a sleep mask, so you have an opportunity to capitalize on this keyword. However, if you want to take things a step further, you can try advertising your pillows to be a natural, drug free sleep aid (of course after checking out what the competition for that keyword is). If you could pull this off, get a decent amount of traffic, and sustain the industry average conversion rate of 2.6%; a lot of money can be made.

After seeing how much work it is required to implement this kind of marketing, you can understand why a lot of stores are increasingly becoming smaller, and more vertical. There is a lot more you need to know though, such as how to avoid being taxed by adwords with a low quality score. Read my review of Wizmo Magic for more information in this subject matter.

Good luck!

I just went and reg at all the search engines..

I agree with your info here, i been looking into using more like above

thanks for the file and the info

blessings

kalli

I just went and reg at all the search engines..

I agree with your info here, i been looking into using more like above

thanks for the file and the info

blessings

kalli

Can you please tell me if you see a big tell a friend button and the review osc generic hand on the bottom right of the site... and can you check the main page and look then go to the any product and look in the same place..

I been told by a few people that this is there, i cant see it nor on 3 other comps cant either, i also cleared my cookies as well to double check and saw nothing. but on a 19 inch monitor in the same house as me, itsa on there on a product page but not main page.. I am really confused by this, i know the tell a friend looks liek crap as big as it is, and sure don't want it there.

This is making me crazy for i don't see it on some comps.

thanks

blessings

kalli

amagicforest.com

Can you please tell me if you see a big tell a friend button and the review osc generic hand on the bottom right of the site... and can you check the main page and look then go to the any product and look in the same place..

I been told by a few people that this is there, i cant see it nor on 3 other comps cant either, i also cleared my cookies as well to double check and saw nothing. but on a 19 inch monitor in the same house as me, itsa on there on a product page but not main page.. I am really confused by this, i know the tell a friend looks liek crap as big as it is, and sure don't want it there.

thanks

blessings

kalli

amagicforest.com

Could you look for me and see if you see that as well?

i dont knwo why some see that and others dont when it isnt on my site that i see

thanks

blessings

kalli

Awarner20

greetings

Ok have a new a magic forest up, i think it looks way better then my old one..thank you Jonquil

what do you think?

thanks

blessings

kalli

You're welcome, Kalli :) I agree you should have "A Magic Forest" in your header graphic, though. Pop the one I sent you and take a poll LOL! You can always put it back to the way it was.

jon

It's all just ones and zeros....

Awarner20

greetings

what do you think?

thanks

blessings

kalli

You're welcome, Kalli :) I agree you should have "A Magic Forest" in your header graphic, though. Pop the one I sent you up there and take a poll LOL! You can always put it back to the way it was.

jon

You're welcome, Kalli :) I agree you should have "A Magic Forest" in your header graphic, though. Pop the one I sent you up there and take a poll LOL! You can always put it back to the way it was.

jon

I will, i am working on a new header...

In the mean time, can you look at this for me please?

thanks

blessings

kalli

amagicforest.com

First, your click to enlarge isn't functioning :(

Yes, it's very long (190 x 28). Pushing your column_right way out beyond your margin. Try slimming it a bit to 125 x.

There are elements of your site that are aesthetically too large in proportion, font size is an example. There's no need for 20 px size, honest :) Anything about 14 just takes up real estate!

Your buttons can be smaller (add to cart, write a review) and so on. On the product_info page, the add to cart button is pushing everything to the right.

jon :)

Yes, it's very long (190 x 28). Pushing your column_right way out beyond your margin. Try slimming it a bit to 125 x.

There are elements of your site that are aesthetically too large in proportion, font size is an example. There's no need for 20 px size, honest :) Anything about 14 just takes up real estate!

Your buttons can be smaller (add to cart, write a review) and so on. On the product_info page, the add to cart button is pushing everything to the right.

Jonquil

Thanks so much for your help with this.. I have no clue why it doesn't show up on some comps and it does on others. This is confusing to me.

Anyone has any idea why this is happening?

Yes i think the font is to large too, and i also think the buttons are to big too

Going to tone it down a bit.

i just dont get why i cant see the tell a friend button and some cant and some can

blessings

kalli

Jon

I think we got it but not sure, since we cant see it to get a remove on it, its just guessing at this point, like a wing and prayer. Boy this really makes it hard when you cant even see it lol

Also please check font size, its smaller now

i think the little osc hand is gone and my pic is put back but again i cant see that on the comps of mine or my family and friends ones either, this weird that we cant see it?

Archived