• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

would love input on my store

kallista

Also, since Top and Catalog both go to the same page, you can eliminate one. Search for breadcrumb in catalog/includes/application_top.php

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);
//  $breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG, tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));

Above I commented out the one that says Catalog and kept Top. You can of course do the reverse.

*** Je suis plus souvent sur le forum français ***

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

remote : IcoOpenBSD 4.x, server : IcodiaSecureHttpd, MySQL 4.1.24, php : 4.4.9

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi kalli,

Your concept is interesting. I like when I can actually see the product, such as Magic Forest Silky Bath Salts

I was disappointed not to see pictures of other actual products though, like Enhancing Soap, the gift baskets. I think people who buy on line really do expect to see a picture of what they are buying.

I think you have some serious photography to do in your future. ;-)

Also, the font size you use everywhere (boxText etc.)is a little big and surprising and my screen resolution is even higher than the common 1024x768. But don't change it if you think people with poor eyesite will use the site. (And a user can always shrink it themselves).

-India

Thanks so much, and yes i will be getting up pics of the baskets and soaps, as i go.. I make them fresh instead of making them and storing them for months till i get an order.. so when i get a order for any one of the soaps, i will take a pic and get them up. I think your right about that for sure.

Yes i also thought the font was to big, but the most say they love this size. I have older in age customers, so bigger is better for them.

I looked at the site on a 19 inch monitor.. wow

thanks for your input, always welcomed.

blessings India

kalli

I really like the butterfly buttons. They are beautiful!

Thanks so much.. i really like them too, i am just worried that i may be doing too much ya know?

blessings dwalters and did you get my pm about the buttons?

kalli

Thanks so much.. i really like them too, i am just worried that i may be doing too much ya know?

blessings dwalters and did you get my pm about the buttons?

kalli

Hi, I did get your friend's reply on the buttons. Thanks! I just downloaded that program and will see if I can figure it out sometime. I'll let you know if I get any up on my site and ask for your opinion.

As far as website improvements, I can't see any harm in doing whatever we can to our sites to make them as appealing and easy to surf as possible for our customers!

Hope you have a Blessed Day!

Leslie

I think maybe you might condense some of your categories so that there is not so many to choose from... Like the pillows you could put under

Magic Forest Pillows then under that you could put sub categories like

Dream Pillows

Herbal Chest Pillows

Sinus Pillows

That way there is not so much text which I know on some sites scares people away... And its easier to find what you are looking for without reading so much.

Just my opinion. I really do like the site and your products look beautiful! I will keep your site in mind when I need stuff!

I agree with the condensing of catagory. There seems to be too many things to choose from. If you could catagorise your product, your website will look neater and more professional. The difference is like walking into a clean packed store and a store with their product lying all over the ground. But I do like some of products. They are very interesting..

Blue&Pink

www.blue-n-pink.com

Hi, I did get your friend's reply on the buttons. Thanks! I just downloaded that program and will see if I can figure it out sometime. I'll let you know if I get any up on my site and ask for your opinion.

As far as website improvements, I can't see any harm in doing whatever we can to our sites to make them as appealing and easy to surf as possible for our customers!

Hope you have a Blessed Day!

Yes keep me posted, i like to stop by from time to time

thank very much

blessings

kalli

Leslie

I think maybe you might condense some of your categories so that there is not so many to choose from... Like the pillows you could put under

Magic Forest Pillows then under that you could put sub categories like

Dream Pillows

Herbal Chest Pillows

Sinus Pillows

That way there is not so much text which I know on some sites scares people away... And its easier to find what you are looking for without reading so much.

Just my opinion. I really do like the site and your products look beautiful! I will keep your site in mind when I need stuff!

Thank so much and i fully agree with you. I thought about that before, then i thought maybe they wont look under there, so i listed them like i did, the more i look at it the more i know you're right, i will get it together and list it under pillows.

thanks so much

blessings kalli

also i went to your site I LOVE IT

i can see where you can do a bit more desc on a few of your products, let me know, i can think of some things for them lol

have a great night/day

I agree with the condensing of catagory. There seems to be too many things to choose from. If you could catagorise your product, your website will look neater and more professional. The difference is like walking into a clean packed store and a store with their product lying all over the ground. But I do like some of products. They are very interesting..

Blue&Pink

www.blue-n-pink.com

Thank so much and i agree with both of you, there is alot of things.. At times i feel .. well since i have the room, add it lol

thanks for looking and your input, i need it.

and i loveeeeeeeeeeee the greetings cards.. now i can sit at home and look them over for that special one, and not stand in a busy store, just trying to get out of there, thank you for that..

blessings

kalli

Kalli,

I gotta say your site is gorgeous.... rich colors and great art. I had to stop myself from shopping your products are so fun! (sorry)

I think others have mentioned that you need to lose the cartoony artwork that comes stock with OSCommerce. You could simply replace them with those gorgeous butterflies. What I did was take view oscommerce images on my local files in thumbnail format (so I knew what was still cartoony) then replaced them with a transparent gif file. I think your butterflies look good you could replace every cartoon with those. In case you aren't sure what files still need replacing .... box_write_review.gif, box_products_notifications.gif, were two that I saw.

Nice job

Heather

Not a pro just opinionated.

Heather Thompson

Lyn's Fiber to Fabric

Could i get some input on my store please, would love to know how others view it.

http://amagicforest.com

thank you

kalli

Kallista,

Very nice job:) One thing that stood out to me was the main page image http://amagicforest.com/images/amf.gif

...the edges look pretty jagged to me and it doesn't match the smoothness of the rest of the page text. Other than that, I think your own your way to ecommerce success:)

One question if I may....the scrolling products in the Best Seller infobox is cool, is that a contib I can find here?

Thanks,

Adam

p.s. I'll be adding my store to this list soon;)

We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. - Jeff Bezos

i like the site and like teh top banner but i think it would could if you could get the shops name into that large banner so your shoppers know what its called as the little green image is a little hard to see, but apart from that keep going its looking great :D

Visit my website in my profile for prices on woodburning stoves

Kali,

The design of your site is very good from a usability standpoint. The only possible change I can bring to your attention that may raise conversion rates is to not make it required to create a user account when checking out.

Though it is probably not worth mentioning, you might want to change the background color of the text forms (where the customer puts their name or account login and password) to an off-white color. I think this may make your site look more aesthetic, and may make the important forms stand out when compared to the site search form.

Going beyond usability for a moment, how are you driving traffic to your website?

Best Regards,

Victor Wise

You should really target a global market. It is so simple an inexpensive to post to other countries, by selling only to the USA you are really doing yourself out of business.

Read the forum rules...

some suggestions..

I do not like how the grey/greenish Right, Left colums blend into the main section. I would outline them in black or some color. Also, the footer with the data and counter is a bit large in font size. Speaking of the counter, I would delete that completly for several reasons.

You buttons are cool, but the tell a friend is a bit large and throws off the rt side column.

Pretty good site for only being around since november

Kalli,

I gotta say your site is gorgeous.... rich colors and great art. I had to stop myself from shopping your products are so fun! (sorry)

I think others have mentioned that you need to lose the cartoony artwork that comes stock with OSCommerce. You could simply replace them with those gorgeous butterflies. What I did was take view oscommerce images on my local files in thumbnail format (so I knew what was still cartoony) then replaced them with a transparent gif file. I think your butterflies look good you could replace every cartoon with those. In case you aren't sure what files still need replacing .... box_write_review.gif, box_products_notifications.gif, were two that I saw.

Nice job

Heather

Not a pro just opinionated.

Thank you Heather

I thought i got them all, it seems just when i think i have something tackled, i miss something lol... makes life great . Thanks so much for your view. I agree fully.. hugs

blessings

kalli

Kallista,

Very nice job:) One thing that stood out to me was the main page image http://amagicforest.com/images/amf.gif

...the edges look pretty jagged to me and it doesn't match the smoothness of the rest of the page text. Other than that, I think your own your way to ecommerce success:)

One question if I may....the scrolling products in the Best Seller infobox is cool, is that a contib I can find here?

Thanks,

Adam

p.s. I'll be adding my store to this list soon;)

Dear Adam

thanks for the info on my site, it was very much welcomed

I tried to look at what url

our search - http://amagicforest.com/images/amf.gif - did not match any documents.

but wouldn't come up for me to see what you were talking about being jagged..

I am going to change the header to another pic, so take a look at it and let me know what one you liked better.

as for the scrolling best sellers box...

yes it is a contib yes it is, but where it is , i dont know.. I will find it for you and send it to you ok?

blessings

kalli

i like the site and like teh top banner but i think it would could if you could get the shops name into that large banner so your shoppers know what its called as the little green image is a little hard to see, but apart from that keep going its looking great :D

I agree, i should get the Magic Forest on the header too

i just dont know where to put it

i am changing the header on top today, so look at this one and let me know if you like it better please

thanks so much for posting back, i love the input.

blessings Kalli

Kali,

The design of your site is very good from a usability standpoint. The only possible change I can bring to your attention that may raise conversion rates is to not make it required to create a user account when checking out.

Though it is probably not worth mentioning, you might want to change the background color of the text forms (where the customer puts their name or account login and password) to an off-white color. I think this may make your site look more aesthetic, and may make the important forms stand out when compared to the site search form.

Going beyond usability for a moment, how are you driving traffic to your website?

Victor

I love it when you give me your input. thanks so much

I agree with you and i am working on that still about not making the buyer have to sign in. I still have my notes from the last time you posted that to me.. See i havent forgot lol

Not sure where your speaking of, do you mean the log in on top of main page? to change the colour to off white?

search engines, anywhere and anyone i can find, and of course i would have tro say 500 of all that is from here from folks looking at my site as well i think. I am sure it is a large number just from here. I have cards i pass out everywhere, and i have the store Herbs in color, giving out my url as well, since i sell some of my products there as well too. Plus i sent out little baskets full of my products samples, to every store that would or do carry things like i make ...

thanks again Victor, and check the new header on amagicforest.com to see if you liek this one better them the faries please

thanks so much

blessings

Kalli

feel free to give me any help you see that should be changed.

You should really target a global market. It is so simple an inexpensive to post to other countries, by selling only to the USA you are really doing yourself out of business.

Hade

I want to, and thank you for replaying, and i agree, i just am not sure how to go about it.. any help would be great.

thanks hugs

blessings

kalli

some suggestions..

I do not like how the grey/greenish Right, Left colums blend into the main section. I would outline them in black or some color. Also, the footer with the data and counter is a bit large in font size. Speaking of the counter, I would delete that completly for several reasons.

You buttons are cool, but the tell a friend is a bit large and throws off the rt side column.

GraysonHobby

thanks for your view, and i know some people do like things with border boxes in them, and at times it does make it look better, i did both and i went with the one i thought looked good, for one reason, the text i have on the left some of them are longer, i didnt want it to look like it was crowed in like it did, so the borders are gone. I like the borderless way better them so may boxes with borders. But yes i agree it does look better on many sites.

The gray/greenish color is the whole background, i picked cause it looked the best from all the colours i had up there. on my screen and a few others i looked at it, it doesnt look grayish green to me, but could be 4 of us monitors too who knows..

thats the way that counter comes, so i dont think i can change it, but will look into that, cause i think its a big to big as well.

why would you do away with a counter.. i took a poll 6 month sago on another site, and over 5000 people said they like to see counters it shows them others been there and it when asked if they would buy from a higher or lower count number over 5000 said yes, but 127 out of 5000 said it didnt matter, and no one said it hurt them from buying.. so i was going on this poll with a counter. But i see your point on things..

what are your reasons for not having a counter?

thanks a million

blessings

kalli

some suggestions..

What tell a friend button are you talking about Graysonhobby?

thanks

blessings

kalli

thanks

blessings

kalli

thanks

blessings

kalli

ok i think all the little osc men are gone and i think i got all of the things that need to be fixed????

hopefully???

Archived