• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

would love input on my store

kallista

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a nice start, but you should also remove the cartonish default oscommerce icons in the boxes, change the button design and get a thumbnails contrib.

a nice start, but you should also remove the cartonish default oscommerce icons in the boxes, change the button design and get a thumbnails contrib.

Thanks for your comments, where do you see the icons so i can remove the icons.... I didnt know i could change the buttons?

where do i do that at?

and can i use anyone i like from the web?

thanks very much for looking and being honest

blessings

kalli

Anyone? please?

Hi, I only had a short time to check it out, but it looks very nice! Beautiful top image and color scheme. I found it interesting how you used the first product in some of the categories to describe the category and gave it a price of $0.00. This was a good idea. I do remember seeing somewhere that there is a contrib that lets you put a description in for a category. I have not tried it yet, but it sounds good. Try this link: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ry+descriptions

On this same thought, maybe you would want to create some more info pages about your products in the info box using similar descriptions. From what I understand, the more pages and info that you have on your site, the more the search engines like them!

I did not have a chance to check if you have added any contribs like header tag controller or such to increase your search engine traffic, but that is something to think about and setting up a google sitemap. Oh, and I don't remember if you had a regular sitemap. I added this contrib and its great: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...dynamic+sitemap

As Always, I strongly suggest to back up any oscommerce file before editing, just in case something goes wrong, you can just upload the original working file. I think you would know this one as you do not appear to be a newbie, but I can't stress it enough.

The only other thing I noticed was maybe you would want to code out the so many visitors since November 30th wording in the footer. I have seen several postings that people don't care for it. I don't know that it is so bad in a way, because maybe customers will look at that and think "Wow, a lot of other people shopped here, so should I!" I don't know, just a thought. You could also totally remove the footer if you like. I have seen that suggested too.

Anyway, I can see you have been quite busy working on this and I think it is looking great. Keep up the good work.

If you have a chance sometime would you check out my site. allaboutwicker.com, and give me some feedback on it?

Best Wishes and God Bless,

Leslie

Hi, I only had a short time to check it out, but it looks very nice! Beautiful top image and color scheme. I found it interesting how you used the first product in some of the categories to describe the category and gave it a price of $0.00. This was a good idea. I do remember seeing somewhere that there is a contrib that lets you put a description in for a category. I have not tried it yet, but it sounds good. Try this link: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ry+descriptions

On this same thought, maybe you would want to create some more info pages about your products in the info box using similar descriptions. From what I understand, the more pages and info that you have on your site, the more the search engines like them!

I did not have a chance to check if you have added any contribs like header tag controller or such to increase your search engine traffic, but that is something to think about and setting up a google sitemap. Oh, and I don't remember if you had a regular sitemap. I added this contrib and its great: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...dynamic+sitemap

As Always, I strongly suggest to back up any oscommerce file before editing, just in case something goes wrong, you can just upload the original working file. I think you would know this one as you do not appear to be a newbie, but I can't stress it enough.

The only other thing I noticed was maybe you would want to code out the so many visitors since November 30th wording in the footer. I have seen several postings that people don't care for it. I don't know that it is so bad in a way, because maybe customers will look at that and think "Wow, a lot of other people shopped here, so should I!" I don't know, just a thought. You could also totally remove the footer if you like. I have seen that suggested too.

Anyway, I can see you have been quite busy working on this and I think it is looking great. Keep up the good work.

If you have a chance sometime would you check out my site. allaboutwicker.com, and give me some feedback on it?

Best Wishes and God Bless,

Leslie

Thank so much, was looking into the cat part for desc on that product, and will look at the links you gave. The vistors, is what came in, i just set it up it started at 0, and worked its way here. I know i cant beleieve i had that many looking at my site, cool beans for business. I ma a newbie, this is my first site, but couldnt have been done with out you here at this forum and of course Mike as i drilled him for lots and lots of help. So i owe Mike alot, since he has done so much here

I love your site, its so clean and crisp, its put together so beautifully, i can see your no newbie to all this. And i am looking for wicker things too, so i will be at your shop LOL

you did a great job on your site, you should be really proud.

kalli

Can you try it again. It might be you, but it might be something else as well

thanks

blessings

Kalli

Ok there are better buttons, that were made, and now i think its all good, can someone please take a look, to see what i have missing or need please?

i will sure be grateful, and a honest view of my site too

thanks

blessing

kalli

Ok there are better buttons, that were made, and now i think its all good, can someone please take a look, to see what i have missing or need please?

i will sure be grateful, and a honest view of my site too

thanks

blessing

kalli

Kalli, could you tell me what buttons you are referring to. I think you are talking about the "Buy Now" and "Continue" buttons, but I am not sure what I am supossed to be checking. Those look like the original OsC buttons. If you changed them I can't tell.

Thanks,

Leslie

Kalli, could you tell me what buttons you are referring to. I think you are talking about the "Buy Now" and "Continue" buttons, but I am not sure what I am supossed to be checking. Those look like the original OsC buttons. If you changed them I can't tell.

Thanks,

Leslie

hey there

yes i havent got all of them up yet, but if you look at say baby and childrens, and you go to the other page, you will see buy now buttons

they are a off white with a butterfly on them

ok talk to you soon

blessings

kalli

hey there

yes i havent got all of them up yet, but if you look at say baby and childrens, and you go to the other page, you will see buy now buttons

they are a off white with a butterfly on them

ok talk to you soon

blessings

kalli

Hey, those are beautiful, could you tell me how you made them?

Did you get my pm, about the hand made buttons?

blessings

kalli

Kalli, I have not yet gotten a PM from anyone as far as I know. I have checked my control panel again, unless I don't know where to check for such things. I am kind of a newbie when it comes to using these forums.

Thanks,

Leslie

You have a really nice site here. I especially like how the width of the site changes, depending on how big my browser window is. The color scheme is very relaxing also.

I have two suggestions that you may or may not find useful. 1) change the text on the buttons from 'buy now' to 'add to cart'. Market research suggests/proves that saying 'add to cart' increases sales over the intimidating 'buy now'. 2) Put an option on the checkout page to checkout without creating an account. Alot of people, such as myself, hate creating accounts for spontenous purchases and will spitefully exit a website during the checkout.

Best Regards,

Victor Wise

I think your page is beautiful, I am too much of a newbie, lol to give you much technical advice. I did however notice that you mispelled zodiac. It should be zodiac not zodic. Good luck.

Jamie

Thanks so much, i did over look that, even after checking spelling a zillion times LOL.. Thank you for your reply

You have a really nice site here. I especially like how the width of the site changes, depending on how big my browser window is. The color scheme is very relaxing also.

I have two suggestions that you may or may not find useful. 1) change the text on the buttons from 'buy now' to 'add to cart'. Market research suggests/proves that saying 'add to cart' increases sales over the intimidating 'buy now'. 2) Put an option on the checkout page to checkout without creating an account. Alot of people, such as myself, hate creating accounts for spontenous purchases and will spitefully exit a website during the checkout.

Victor

Thank you so very much. You're right on both points. I agree 100%.Will change them too.

Thank you for your reply.

blessings

kalli

Victor

Thank you so very much. You're right on both points. I agree 100%.Will change them too.

Thank you for your reply.

blessings

kalli

There is a new pic, a butterfly taken from the header. Where the surfing osc dude used to be. Also i replaced the search button eye glass thingie, with a butterfly. Does it look ok?

There is a new pic, a butterfly taken from the header. Where the surfing osc dude used to be. Also i replaced the search button eye glass thingie, with a butterfly. Does it look ok?

Ok didnt do the cart buttons yet, but what do you think now?

I changed the eye glass to a butterfly.

I think i shouldnt do a whole lot more before it becomes to much

what do you all think?

blessings

kalli

Ok didnt do the cart buttons yet, but what do you think now?

I changed the eye glass to a butterfly.

I think i shouldnt do a whole lot more before it becomes to much

what do you all think?

blessings

kalli

Anyone?

blessings

kalli

Hi kalli,

Your concept is interesting. I like when I can actually see the product, such as Magic Forest Silky Bath Salts

I was disappointed not to see pictures of other actual products though, like Enhancing Soap, the gift baskets. I think people who buy on line really do expect to see a picture of what they are buying.

I think you have some serious photography to do in your future. ;-)

Also, the font size you use everywhere (boxText etc.)is a little big and surprising and my screen resolution is even higher than the common 1024x768. But don't change it if you think people with poor eyesite will use the site. (And a user can always shrink it themselves).

-India

*** Je suis plus souvent sur le forum français ***

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

remote : IcoOpenBSD 4.x, server : IcodiaSecureHttpd, MySQL 4.1.24, php : 4.4.9

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Archived