• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to customize?

Excuse my ignorance here, but I just successfully installed oscommerce, went through the complete online guide here and got my store backend customized, however I'm a little lost on what to do next. I read through as much of the online guide as I could, but didnt see any clear cut instructions on how to customize the actual site, outside of the store. I need to actually create the front end of my store and the shell of the site, but I cant figure out where to do it.

Do I need to manually edit some of the php files? If so, how do I know which ones? I will need to have different designs and "shells" for certain pages within my site, so how would I program one set of html headers, footers, columns, etc. for the main page for instance, another set a different section of my website, etc.?

Are there also commands that I add into my html to call certain things, for instance, in my index.html page page to tell the users what is in their shopping cart, links to certain products/ categories, etc.? I'm a bit lost here on how to further customize the look of my site. Thanks for any help!

:thumbsup: Better yet, try this:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

Simple Template System 4.3.3 will allow you to create HTML templates for any page or all pages in your site along with templates for your infoboxes, products, etc.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 1 year later...

Archived