• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Express Checkout IPN Payment Module

AlexStudio

You didn't upload ALL files in the new files/catalog folder, or your catalog/includes is not defined correctly in your configure.php. The required XML files for API to work are missing.

this is the file path in configure.php define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

i uploaded all the files and followed the instructions what files for the API could be missing i dont get it?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the file path in configure.php define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

i uploaded all the files and followed the instructions what files for the API could be missing i dont get it?

Not only that line in the configure.php, the code which is checking for the XML files exist or not also calls to the constant DIR_FS_CATALOG. (defined in catalog/includes/configure.php line 35)

Usually they were setup through the osCommerce installation. So it seems to me that you have some other problem with your host settings, probably your host has register global turned off. In that case, you need to refer to register global patches first.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hello,

Thanks for this contribution.

We are using the following function for disabling certain payment modules:

// disable if shipping is less than Rupees 400 - start

if($order->info['total'] < 400){

$this->enabled = false;

}

// disable if shipping is less than Rupees 400 - end

Even though "PayPal Express Checkout IPN Payment Module" does not show up for a total of < 400, it does not go to Paypal website for a total of > 400 even though it is seen as one of the payment option. We are getting the following error message:

-------------------------------------------------------

Please select a payment method for your order.

We do not have this problem with other payment modules including "paypal".

Kindly let us know as to what we should do in this regard.

If possible, please add this disabling function in this module configuration itself so that it would be easy and useful.

Thanks,

Lakshmanan S.

---------------------------------------------------------

The function is shown as under:

// class methods

function update_status() {

global $order, $shipping;

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE > 0) ) {

$check_flag = false;

$check_query = tep_db_query("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->billing['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");

while ($check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query)) {

if ($check['zone_id'] < 1) {

$check_flag = true;

break;

} elseif ($check['zone_id'] == $order->billing['zone_id']) {

$check_flag = true;

break;

}

}

if ($check_flag == false) {

$this->enabled = false;

}

}

$this->enabled = false;

}

// disable if shipping is free - start

if ($shipping['id']=="free_free") {

$this->enabled = false;

}

// disable if shipping is free - end

}

function javascript_validation() {

Hello,

We have installed this module [one of the earlier versions] and the Order process email does not show up the Shipping Cost and the total amount also does not include that even though Payment Process emails are showing up everything.

Products

------------------------------------------------------

1 x Sudarshana Satakam (CDA143) = $2.30

------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Total: $2.30

Total: $2.30

-----------------------------------

PayPal Shopping Cart Contents

Item Name: Sudarshana Satakam

Item Number: 1933 (CDA143)

Quantity: 1

Total: $2.30 USD

Cart Subtotal: $2.30 USD

Shipping: $14.53 USD

Cart Total: $16.83 USD

Hope you have done the needful in the newer versions.

Thanks,

Lakshmanan S.

We have installed this module [one of the earlier versions] and the Order process email does not show up the Shipping Cost and the total amount also does not include that even though Payment Process emails are showing up everything.

Please tell me which version you are using, and check the order record in admin page for the shipping cost. I need to know if the shipping cost was missing only in the email, or the order record also.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Please tell me which version you are using, and check the order record in admin page for the shipping cost. I need to know if the shipping cost was missing only in the email, or the order record also.

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response.

Shipping cost is missing in the order record also.

Version: paypal_express_checkout_IPN_v0_2a

Just installed the new one. Yet to get new payment through that.

Thanks,

Lakshmanan S.

Thanks for this contribution.

We are using the following function for disabling certain payment modules:

$this->enabled = false;

}

Even though "PayPal Express Checkout IPN Payment Module" does not show up for a total of < 400, it does not go to Paypal website for a total of > 400 even though it is seen as one of the payment option. We are getting the following error message:

Kindly let us know as to what we should do in this regard.

OK, this is a bit tricky. The Express Checkout Button bypassed the shipping/payment modules so your modification is not working.

I will work on this issue and release a new update.

The Express Checkout Button means to bypass shipping/payment selection and send customers to PayPal immediately once the button been hit.

There for I can't find a way to check if the free shipping is selected on page load, because it can only be done after the form submitted. It would be strange to load the checkout shipping page twice to find out if the button should be shown or not. In this case, I would suggest to disable the Express Checkout Button in admin setting. This feature is new in v3.0, when not showing the button, the checkout process will follow the original flow just like other payment modules, thus makes use of you modification to disable EC IPN both on zero shipping and minimum amount not reached conditions.

Regarding the minimum order amount checking, it can be done easily by adding a function call in the checkout shipping page. I will include this in the next version. Here is how to do it:

find in catalog/checkout_shipping.php around line 45 - 51:

// BOF PayPal Express Checkout IPN v0.3 beta
 $paypal_ec_check = tep_db_query("SELECT configuration_id FROM " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " WHERE configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_STATUS' AND configuration_value = 'True'");
 $ec_enabled = (tep_db_num_rows($paypal_ec_check) ? 1 : 0);
 if ($ec_enabled) {
require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');
$payment_modules = new payment;
 }

Replace with:

$paypal_ec_check = tep_db_query("SELECT configuration_id FROM " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " WHERE configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_STATUS' AND configuration_value = 'True'");
 if ($ec_enabled) {
$paypal_ec->update_status();
$ec_enabled = (($paypal_ec->enabled)? 1 : 0);
 }

It will now makes use of your minimum amount checking and decides to show the button or not.

Regarding the shipping cost missing issue, I need to know if it happens in v0.3. Please let me know if the problem remains.

Edited by AlexStudio

Hi. Just another q for when you get time. How does the system compare with

PayPal Website Payments Pro by dynamoeffects v0.8.3.2 **BETA** by dynamoeffects. As it seems to be using the same paypal express system? Thanks

That PayPal Website Payments Pro v0.8.3.2 **BETA** by dynamoeffects is for US business account owners with PayPal Website Payments Pro subscribed (monthly fee US$20.00). The express checkout API is the same. This PayPal Express Checkout IPN module actually is based on the express checkout code developed by dynamoeffects for his WPP + EC module.

The major difference is that the WPP + EC module handles not only PayPal payments via Express Checkout API, but also credit card payments via Direct Payment API.

If you have an US business account and you want to accept credit cards, WPP + EC module is a good choice. If you don't have an US business account, or don't want to pay the monthly fee, EC IPN module is an option for you.

The Express Checkout Button means to bypass shipping/payment selection and send customers to PayPal immediately once the button been hit.

There for I can't find a way to check if the free shipping is selected on page load, because it can only be done after the form submitted. It would be strange to load the checkout shipping page twice to find out if the button should be shown or not. In this case, I would suggest to disable the Express Checkout Button in admin setting. This feature is new in v3.0, when not showing the button, the checkout process will follow the original flow just like other payment modules, thus makes use of you modification to disable EC IPN both on zero shipping and minimum amount not reached conditions.

Regarding the minimum order amount checking, it can be done easily by adding a function call in the checkout shipping page. I will include this in the next version. Here is how to do it:

find in catalog/checkout_shipping.php around line 45 - 51:

if ($ec_enabled) {
 }

Replace with:

if ($ec_enabled) {
 }

It will now makes use of your minimum amount checking and decides to show the button or not.

Hello,

Kindly explain as to where we have to enter the minimum order total amount and minimum order weight in this function to enable this module.

Thanks,

Lakshmanan S.

hi there!!

first of all thanks a lot for your developement!!

after installing newest version (3a) there occurs a problem:

when selecting paypal as payment method in checkout_payment and after pushing continue the shop sends us back to checkout_shipping....

thanks for help!

Andreas

well....ignore my last mail.....!! I forgot to update the server....!

BUT:

doesn't matter if I use the express checkout or the "normal paypal checkout process"...after finishing all steps on the paypal homepage (zahlung prüfen = checking payment) it redirects the customer back to the checkout_shipping page and not to the checkout_success....

thus, the order has not been placed, the money has not been added to sandbox account, the shopping card has not been erased....

Edited by a.niedermann

well....ignore my last mail.....!! I forgot to update the server....!

BUT:

doesn't matter if I use the express checkout or the "normal paypal checkout process"...after finishing all steps on the paypal homepage (zahlung prüfen = checking payment) it redirects the customer back to the checkout_shipping page and not to the checkout_success....

thus, the order has not been placed, the money has not been added to sandbox account, the shopping card has not been erased....

That probably because your previous mistake left an token in session. You can try to continue that process and cancel it once you have a chance, or simply close your browser and kill the session.

This can happen if your installation not completed or broken.

Kindly explain as to where we have to enter the minimum order total amount and minimum order weight in this function to enable this module.

same as the code you showed in earlier post.

Find in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ec.php line 51:

$this->enabled = false;
	}
  }

Add after:

// disable if total amount is less than Rupees 400 - start
$this->enabled = false;
}
// disable if toatl amount is less than Rupees 400 - end

Tha's it. You can add more condition check if you want, the function update_status() is where you put them in.

Edited by AlexStudio

If the shipping address changed at PayPal, the first page shown when returning to store will be checkout shipping, otherwise you can get a miscalculated shipping cost for the different address.

If the shipping address changed at PayPal, the first page shown when returning to store will be checkout shipping, otherwise you can get a miscalculated shipping cost for the different address.

Is there no way to override the shipping address?

I was just testing this module, selected my work address as the ship to, went to Paypal, login, password etc...

Then when it came back, it of course said that the address was changed and put me through the cycle again.

Except that it never goes back to Paypal to allow you to enter a new ship to address in Paypal.

And everytime you go through the cycle it adds the default Paypal address to your address book, over and over.

By the time I cancelled out of the checkout procedure, I had 4 copies of my Paypal address in my address book.

I wish there was an option to ignore the address returned by Paypal, or at least give the option to use Paypal's address vs the one selected to begin with. This should be tied in with the 'Confirmed Address' option somehow.

Other than that, there is a typo in the defined variables - not sure if it's intentional, but it should be MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_API_CERT_PATH - not MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_APT_CERT_PATH

dano1967

First of all, I would like to ask which version you're using.

Answers below are based on v0.3

Is there no way to override the shipping address?

set Allow Edit Shipping Address at PayPal? to NO

I was just testing this module, selected my work address as the ship to, went to Paypal, login, password etc...

Then when it came back, it of course said that the address was changed and put me through the cycle again.

Except that it never goes back to Paypal to allow you to enter a new ship to address in Paypal.

And everytime you go through the cycle it adds the default Paypal address to your address book, over and over.

By the time I cancelled out of the checkout procedure, I had 4 copies of my Paypal address in my address book.

This could be something needs to be re-worked. In v0.3 code, it should only add one record in address book if the name and address are not found. Please check this for me to see if those new addresses are identical. If yes, please PM me with that address and I need to do some testing with it.

It's not necessary to send user's back to PayPal once after the user returned. Changing shipping address a second time in store is handled by the code.

I wish there was an option to ignore the address returned by Paypal, or at least give the option to use Paypal's address vs the one selected to begin with. This should be tied in with the 'Confirmed Address' option somehow.

The checkout flow has 2 pattern.

1. Button Checkout: It sends user's default address to PayPal. If a different address sent back (from PayPal after the user returned), it redirects the user to checkout shipping. The continue button in checkout shipping sends the user to Review Payment page.

2. Normal Checkout: It sends user's selected shipping address to PayPal. The rest part is exact the same as Button Checkout flow.

There is no way to ignore the shipping address sent back by PayPal. If you set Allow Edit Shipping Address at PayPal? to No, PayPal would reject it if something wrong in the address. If set to Yes, PayPal would change the address for 2 reasons: Either the address is invalid, or you set Require Confirmed Shipping Address? to Yes, but the address given was not a confirmed one.

The Require Confirmed Shipping Address? option in admin is one thing I can't get different results switching it Yes/No. If you did get different results, please let me know.

Other than that, there is a typo in the defined variables - not sure if it's intentional, but it should be MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_API_CERT_PATH - not MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_APT_CERT_PATH

dano1967

I can't find this MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_APT_CERT_PATH in my code, where did you find it?

same as the code you showed in earlier post.

Find in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ec.php line 51:

$this->enabled = false;
	}
  }

Add after:

// disable if total amount is less than Rupees 400 - start
$this->enabled = false;
}
// disable if toatl amount is less than Rupees 400 - end

Tha's it. You can add more condition check if you want, the function update_status() is where you put them in.

Hello,

Sorry, the problem is still there.

You may kindly check this at our following demo site:

https://celextel.com/demo/index.php

As suggested, we have replaced the codes in the checkout_shipping.php around line 45 - 51:

if ($ec_enabled) {

}

And added the function exactly in the paypal_ec.php.

Kindly let us know as to what to do in this regard.

Thanking you,

Lakshmanan S.

Installed the version paypal_express_checkout_IPN_v0_3, and everything went well.

Configured the module.

Then I tried to use it and I recieved this error:

"An error occured when we tried to establish a connection to PayPal's servers"

This is the message that was email to me:

In function: pre_confirmation_check()

Response from PayPal:

>From this request: (WARNING!!) DO NOT expose your API Username/Password to the

public!!

[?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?]

[soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema]

[soap:Header]

[RequesterCredentials xmlns=urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI]

[Credentials xmlns=urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents]

[username]***[/username]

[Password]***[/Password]

[subject][/subject]

[/Credentials]

[/RequesterCredentials]

[/soap:Header]

[soap:Body]

[setExpressCheckoutReq xmlns=urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI]

[setExpressCheckoutRequest]

[Version xmlns=urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents]2.0[/Version]

[setExpressCheckoutRequestDetails xmlns=urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents]

[OrderTotal currencyID=CAD]3[/OrderTotal]

[ReturnURL]http://www.tranquilsense.com/osc/catalog/express_checkout.php[/ReturnURL]

[CancelURL]http://www.tranquilsense.com/osc/catalog/checkout_shipping.php?address_error=0[/CancelURL]

[ReqConfirmShipping]1[/ReqConfirmShipping]

[NoShipping]0[/NoShipping]

[AddressOverride]0[/AddressOverride]

[LocaleCode]US[/LocaleCode]

[PageStyle]PayPal[/PageStyle]

[Address]

[Name]David Aschenbrener[/Name]

[street1]3218 Phanuef Cres E[/street1]

[street2][/street2]

[CityName]Regina[/CityName]

[stateOrProvince]SK[/stateOrProvince]

[PostalCode]S4V 1T9[/PostalCode]

[Country]CA[/Country]

[Phone]***[/Phone]

[/Address]

[buyerEmail]***[/buyerEmail]

[/setExpressCheckoutRequestDetails]

[/setExpressCheckoutRequest]

[/setExpressCheckoutReq]

[/soap:Body]

[/soap:Envelope]

Can someone point me in the correct direction to trouble shoot this.

Thanks

Edited by tranquilsense

David G Aschenbrener

Tranquil | Sense - Your Stop for Tranquility.

Hello,

Sorry, the problem is still there.

I checked your demo site. It seems to me that you have the payment modules' sort order problem. Please make sure that each payment module has an unique sort order value, otherwise they could override each others.

Installed the version paypal_express_checkout_IPN_v0_3, and everything went well.

Configured the module.

Then I tried to use it and I recieved this error:

"An error occured when we tried to establish a connection to PayPal's servers"

This is the message that was email to me:

In function: pre_confirmation_check()

Response from PayPal:

>From this request: (WARNING!!) DO NOT expose your API Username/Password to the

public!!

Your initial request looks good to me, but there seems no response from PayPal. Please check your host with the cURL settings and see if it needs to go through a proxy server. Host providers like GoDaddy require the cURL proxy setting for this payment module to work.

I checked your demo site. It seems to me that you have the payment modules' sort order problem. Please make sure that each payment module has an unique sort order value, otherwise they could override each others.

Hello,

No problem with the sort order as all have unique numbers:

Money Order /DD /Wire Transfer 9

PayPal 4

PayPal Express Checkout 3

Transecute [Visa & Master Card] 1

ICICI Bank Transfer 7

Western Union Money Transfer 6

Must be something else.

Please help.

Thanks,

Lakshmanan S.

Hello,

No problem with the sort order as all have unique numbers:

Money Order /DD /Wire Transfer 9

PayPal 4

PayPal Express Checkout 3

Transecute [Visa & Master Card] 1

ICICI Bank Transfer 7

Western Union Money Transfer 6

Must be something else.

Please help.

Thanks,

Lakshmanan S.

OK, please show me your checkout_confirmation.php via PM not here, I want to see what you have in there, prior to the first html tag <!doctye html public - ....

If you didn't modify checkout_confirmation.php, there must be something wrong with your condition checkings. Please show me the update_status() function in EC IPN module.

EC IPN has been rejected in checkout confirmation page.

Edited by AlexStudio