• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Express Checkout IPN Payment Module

AlexStudio

GoDaddy requires cURL connections to route through a proxy server. Please refer to the insall guide regarding Proxy Address setting under Configuration. If the address no longer works, please ask your host for an updated address.

Thanks for the info it works now.

FYI: For those who use Godaddy, the new proxy server for cURL is: http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128

Thanks again, Scott

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info it works now.

FYI: For those who use Godaddy, the new proxy server for cURL is: http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128

Thanks again, Scott

Well I thought it was all working fine now. I can go through the checkout process now. I get directed out to paypal. I then login with a verified paypal account. I am taken to a confirmation page in Paypal then I hit continue. Once I hit continue button I am pushed back to my checkout page to this message:

We're sorry, but we were unable to process your payment.

To maintain a high level of security, only customers with a verified PayPal account are allowed to access Express Checkout. Please either verify your account at PayPal or select an alternate payment method.

I am also getting success dump emails that shows the transaction but at the very bottom I am getting the "do not expose your API username and password again.

Scott

Please check the email dump which started with
In function: ec_get_detail()
and see what you got at this line:
[PayerStatus] =

You can also try setting Accept Verified Accounts Only? to 'No'.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

AlexStudio

thanks for your help. I start receive the following error,

In function: pre_confirmation_check()
Response from PayPal:

[Security] = N/A
[RequesterCredentials]
[0]
	[Credentials]
		[0]
			[Username] = N/A
			[Password] = N/A
			[Subject] = N/A

[SetExpressCheckoutResponse]
[0]
	[Timestamp] = 2007-09-20T14:57:02Z
	[Ack] = Failure
	[CorrelationID] = 982720faec7fb
	[Errors]
		[0]
			[ShortMessage] = Transaction refused because of an invalid argument.  See additional error messages for details.
			[LongMessage] = PageStyle value exceeds maximum allowable length.
			[ErrorCode] = 10436
			[SeverityCode] = Error

[Version] = 2.000000
	[Build] = 1.0006

ec_diagnostics

shows everything: "YES"

at the end "Success! Congratulations! This contribution appears to be correctly installed on your store!"

do you have any ideas?

thanks a lot

Ok, everything seems to work fine now. I can do a complete checkout and everything works. But when I check my email I receive 5 emails called: PayPal EC success dump. Each one has stuff like this:

In function: pre_confirmation_check()

Response from PayPal:

[security] = N/A

[RequesterCredentials]

[0]

[Credentials]

[0]

[username] = N/A

[Password] = N/A

[subject] = N/A

[setExpressCheckoutResponse]

[0]

[Timestamp] = 2007-09-20T16:42:00Z

[Ack] = Success

[CorrelationID] = 173f588a5f615

[Version] = 2.000000

[build] = 1.0006

[Token] = EC-7C6638292T2619412

From this request: (WARNING!!) DO NOT expose your API Username/Password

to the public!!

**** Also for the dump that has ec_get_detail it shows [PayerStatus] = verified ******

With each email being different at the top but all have the Do NOT expose your API username/password to public. I am still getting these but all my transactions are going through ok. Any ideas?

Scott

Edited by scarlson

[LongMessage] = PageStyle value exceeds maximum allowable length.
You have set a wrong Page Style value. Please check your setting.

Set Send Every Transaction Dumping Email? to 'No', and please, read the install guide. All your questions are covered in it.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Should I not worry about the 5 success dump email I get after each successful transaction? The only reason I ask is because each email dump contains the "DO NOT expose your API username and password to the public" at the bottom of them. Should I just turn off send all errors to email?

Scott

You have set a wrong Page Style value. Please check your setting.

THANKS, I check it was a problem with module, I reinstall it lets see that's going to happened.

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Mr. Alex,

One of our customer has got the following email message due to the Total amount mis-match:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/03/2007 Completed [PayPal EC IPN] Transaction ID: xxxxxxxx

Payment Type: PayPal Express Checkout IPN

Payment Status: Completed

10/03/2007 Pending PayPal IPN Verified

[Completed (PayPal account:Unverified; USD 6.58)]

Toatl amount did not match

Address status: unconfirmed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Total amount did not match" messages are being generated automatically when the total amount shown in the order is in a currency other than US$. Our Transaction Currency [Paypal Express Checkout]: Only USD.

We do not mind getting these messages. But the customers should not get these messages as they create confusion in them.

Please guide us as to what to do in this regard.

Thanks,

Lakshmanan S.

Edited by celextel

I think the total amount checking is redundant since this module doesn't have the security issue came from the old Paypal IPN module.

To remove the total amount checking, please follow the instuction below: (apply to v0.4.1)

1. find in catalog/ext/modules/payments/paypal_ec/ipn.php line 150

if ((abs($total['value'] - $_POST['mc_gross']/$order['currency_value']) <= $discrepancy) && $_POST['payment_status'] == 'Completed') {

replace with

if ($_POST['payment_status'] == 'Completed') {

2. remove line 158-178

// ** Total amount mismatch ** Notify Store Owner
  } else if (abs($total['value'] - abs($_POST['mc_gross'])/$order['currency_value']) > $discrepancy) {

$orders_statuses = array();
	$orders_status_array = array();
	$orders_status_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_id, orders_status_name from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " where language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
	while ($orders_status = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_status_query)) {
	  $orders_statuses[] = array('id' => $orders_status['orders_status_id'],
								 'text' => $orders_status['orders_status_name']);
	  $orders_status_array[$orders_status['orders_status_id']] = $orders_status['orders_status_name'];
	}
	$comment_status .= "]\n" . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_TEXT_NO_MATCH . "\n" . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_TEXT_ADDRESS_STATUS . $_POST['address_status'];
	$decimal = 2;
	if ($order['currency'] == 'JPY') $decimal = 0;
	$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" .
			 EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
			 EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $order_id . "\n" .
			 EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($order['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE_ERROR, $orders_status_array[$order_status_id]) . "\n" .
			 $comment_status . "\n\n" .
			 "OrderTotal= " . $order['currency'] . " " . round($total['value'] * $order['currency_value'], $decimal);
	tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, 'PayPal EC IPN Error', $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

That's it.

You can 'wipe out' the unwanted 'Toatl amount did not match' from orders comments in databse table orders_status_history via phpMyAdmin.

Edited by AlexStudio

I've installed this moudle on my web site but get a databse error as follows:

1062 - Duplicate entry '1-134276' for key 1

insert into address_book (customers_id, entry_company, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_suburb, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_state, entry_country_id, entry_zone_id) values ('134276', '', ....etc......)

[TEP STOP]

Everything seems ok upt the confiramtion page, then the user is taken to paypal site, logs in, if they review the payment details this database error is displayed? - Any idea what might be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Simon.

Best regs,

Simon.

It seems to me that you have set the primary key of database table address_book to customers_id, which should be address_book_id.

It seems to me that you have set the primary key of database table address_book to customers_id, which should be address_book_id.

I checked and it looks like address_book_id & customers_id are both set as the primary key. They are also set as indexes.

I looked at the data for address_book_id and it consists of the number 1 2 or 3. Any suggestions for rectifying?

Thanks,

Simon.

Best regs,

Simon.

Here is the SQL script came with the osCommerce installation which actually created the table address_book:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS address_book;
CREATE TABLE address_book (
  address_book_id int NOT NULL auto_increment,
  customers_id int NOT NULL,
  entry_gender char(1) NOT NULL,
  entry_company varchar(32),
  entry_firstname varchar(32) NOT NULL,
  entry_lastname varchar(32) NOT NULL,
  entry_street_address varchar(64) NOT NULL,
  entry_suburb varchar(32),
  entry_postcode varchar(10) NOT NULL,
  entry_city varchar(32) NOT NULL,
  entry_state varchar(32),
  entry_country_id int DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
  entry_zone_id int DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (address_book_id),
  KEY idx_address_book_customers_id (customers_id)
);

As you can see in this script, the primary key should be set to address_book_id, not customers_id.

Here is the SQL script came with the osCommerce installation which actually created the table address_book:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS address_book;
CREATE TABLE address_book (
  address_book_id int NOT NULL auto_increment,
  customers_id int NOT NULL,
  entry_gender char(1) NOT NULL,
  entry_company varchar(32),
  entry_firstname varchar(32) NOT NULL,
  entry_lastname varchar(32) NOT NULL,
  entry_street_address varchar(64) NOT NULL,
  entry_suburb varchar(32),
  entry_postcode varchar(10) NOT NULL,
  entry_city varchar(32) NOT NULL,
  entry_state varchar(32),
  entry_country_id int DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
  entry_zone_id int DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (address_book_id),
  KEY idx_address_book_customers_id (customers_id)
);

As you can see in this script, the primary key should be set to address_book_id, not customers_id.

I guess OSCommerce database schema must have changed somewhere along the development path because I have not altered this table.

I checked distinct values in my dB for address_book_id and found this data:

No. of occurrences : address_book_id

33956 : 1

4629 : 2

555 : 3

81 : 4

15 : 5

5 : 6

1 : 7

What would you suggest is the best way forward? - Modify dB or modify PP contrib?

Thanks,

Simon.

Best regs,

Simon.

This contribution is developed for osCommerce v2.2 MS2 including 051113 patch release and 060817 update release. It has also been tested with 2.2RC1.

If you have an older version of osCommerce, you'd better upgrade to 2.2 MS2 prior to install contributions designed for MS2.

Modifying database could work, but may cause other problems.

I have just installed a new instance of oscommerce v2.2 MS2 060817, I have a store already on 051113 but this install is for abrand new shop so I need to reapply all the modules that I have had in the past.

As well for this store I am going to add paypal into it, i had not in the past due to all the issues that I heard people have - I would like to use this contribution. In peoples opinions are the majority of kinks sorted out and it is pretty stable now.

I have been reading a number of the threads on here and see that issues have been resolved pretty quickly so just wondering what peoples opinions are now and anything that I should be aware of that is still a known issue.

thanks

I have v0.4.2 update ready, but need someone to test it with CCGV before releasing.

If you have CCGV installed and want to test v0.4.2, please PM me. I will send you a copy for testing. Please include in the PM which version of CCGV installed.

And make sure your server mets the requirements:

• osCommerce 2.2ms2
  • PHP 4.3.0+
  • cURL

A PayPal premier or business account is required as well.

Hi AlexStudio

I have installed this contrib and do i have to have a SSL to make it work or is there a way to make it work with out the SSL

Please help me coz my site is up and running and no 1 can buy any thing :(

( its really my fault coz i did not think)

Please upload and run the ec_diagnostics.php script first. Read through the install guide and you may find your answer there. Edited by AlexStudio

It says this

OpenSSL Not Detected!

The required OpenSSL functions not detected.

PayPal Express Checkout IPN module won't work without OpenSSL installed.

Please contact your host for OpenSSL installation. A dedicated or shared SSL certificate is highly recommended.

How do i get this on my account

Please read this post and try again.