• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Express Checkout IPN Payment Module

AlexStudio

Hello,

I am getting the error

An error occured when we tried to establish a connection to PayPal's servers.

Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. (10436)

PageStyle value exceeds maximum allowable length.

I don't know how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I would like to apply this Express Checkout IPN Module,but carefully read the install & configuration,this module only support API Certificate instead of

API Signature,is there any difference between them?

I used to use Paypal Express Checkout as payment method which support API Signature. As I am still testing my site,so I would like to know which setting is more suitable for me(Certificate or Signature ),millions thx!

Frank Wong

Hi All,

I would like to apply this Express Checkout IPN Module,but carefully read the install & configuration,this module only support API Certificate instead of

API Signature,is there any difference between them?

I used to use Paypal Express Checkout as payment method which support API Signature. As I am still testing my site,so I would like to know which setting is more suitable for me(Certificate or Signature ),millions thx!

Frank Wong

Anyone have idea?

• 8 months later...

Not sure if anyone is still supporting this contribution, but thought I would post my question and hope for the best. I have the contribution installed and working. One problem has occured where a customer's credit card was declined because he mis-typed his zip code. The administrator received a message saying the payment had been declined, but the customer got a normal message saying the order went through. Does anyone know why this would happen? Any way to prevent it in future?

Thanks,

Joe

• 2 years later...

I have osCommerce 2.2 MS2 and I tried to install this module, I followed all installation instructions, and doubled checked each and every file, but still have this problem:

Fatal error: Call to a member function update_status() on a non-object in ..../catalog/checkout_shipping.php on line 34

I have run the "ec_diagnostics.php" and everything were green.

I tried to read into the code around line 34 of "checkout_shipping.php", and they are:

$paypal_ec_check = tep_db_query("SELECT configuration_id FROM " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " WHERE configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_STATUS' AND configuration_value = 'True'");

$ec_enabled = (tep_db_num_rows($paypal_ec_check) ? 1 : 0);

if ($ec_enabled) {

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');

$payment_modules = new payment;

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

$order = new order;

$paypal_ec->update_status(); // this is line 34

$ec_enabled = (($paypal_ec->enabled)? 1 : 0);

}

It seems to me that $paypal_ec was not defined previously anywhere. Was this because my osCommerce 2.2 MS2 was too old?