• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Express Checkout IPN Payment Module

AlexStudio

However - we now seem to routinely have customers who are unable to complete checkout when selecting paypal they get redirected back to the beginning of the checkout.

From our testing we've found that quitting the web browser and reattempting the order without selecting paypal fixes the problem.

Did your customers get any error messages when redirected back to the beginning of the checkout? Did you try setting a debug email to see the dumping when errors occurred? I need to see more detail to help you.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When paid by eCheck, it will set the orders status to 1 (usually is pending by default), and log the pending reason in the comments field of orders status history table.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

You missed the definitions in catalog(shop)/includes/filenames.php

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for my english

i have made french translation - you can get it full here here

I added the files modified for the contribution "Class Credit & Gift Voucher - CCGV 5.18" - and the images of french CB (paiement card)

the french post is http://www.oscommerce-fr.info/forum/index....showtopic=51206

test it and post me your comment

i forgot to tell you that is a fantastic contribution - very simple to install and very usefull and Compatible with QTPRO

thancks to AlexStudio

Edited by micm

I'm having some sort of problem with the module communicating with PayPal. When I check some of my sales records, there is a long list of 20 or 30 comments that all say "PayPal IPN Verified

[Completed (PayPal account:Verified; USD 11.98)] "

I have turned on the function that allows an email dump and I get a steady stream of emails even when transactions aren't being made. The majority of the emails are titled "PayPal EC IPN Dump," but some are titled "PayPal Express Checkout IPN Invalid Response" or "PayPal EC Success Dump."

We want to move our shipped orders into a status of "delivered," but when we do so, they inevitably get switched back to "Completed [PayPal EC IPN]" I can produce dumping emails, is there anything you can add?

This looks really strange to me. Since you got the PayPal IPN Verified updates, the IPN script is working fine. But then you got 'PayPal Express Checkout IPN Invalid Response' which means that there is some communication problem with the IPN.

Did you change anything so that the problem began to come up?

It turns out that all the "Invalid Response" dumps are originating from test sales that I did in Sandbox. Hopefully that is good news.

It's a new install, so everything is new.

Here is an example of what appears when I open an order. This one was just sold today and it already has 9 lines of verification. Is that normal?1

Date Added Customer Notified Status Comments

12/08/2007 09:39:21 Completed [PayPal EC IPN] Transaction ID: 5R186582JJ425440E

Payment Type: PayPal Express Checkout IPN

Payment Status: Completed

12/08/2007 09:39:29 Completed [PayPal EC IPN] PayPal IPN Verified

[Completed (PayPal account:Verified; USD 13.98)]

12/08/2007 09:39:42 Completed [PayPal EC IPN] PayPal IPN Verified

12/08/2007 11:49:46 Completed [PayPal EC IPN] PayPal IPN Verified

12/08/2007 14:04:08 Completed [PayPal EC IPN] PayPal IPN Verified

12/08/2007 15:18:28 Completed [PayPal EC IPN] PayPal IPN Verified

12/08/2007 15:48:02 Completed [PayPal EC IPN] PayPal IPN Verified

12/08/2007 16:14:23 Completed [PayPal EC IPN] PayPal IPN Verified

12/08/2007 16:47:36 Completed [PayPal EC IPN] PayPal IPN Verified

12/08/2007 17:27:23 Completed [PayPal EC IPN] PayPal IPN Verified

Your server didn't send out the '200 OK' status code so PayPal just keeps trying to send the IPN call up to 4 days!!

Contact your host and ask them why your server is not sending the 200 OK status code.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what my host said:

"Normally when paypal is used the form is forwarded to paypal and then paypal sends a callback via IPN (Instant Payment Notification). This would not be an issue of the server sending a 200 response code, but an Issue if the module (not reading the IPN) or paypal not sending the callback."

So they blamed for my code, huh?

Let me explain how IPN actually works. PayPal server sends IPN call by using the method 'POST' to the ipn.php script on your server, and then it waits for the '200 OK' server response. If it doesn't receive the '200 OK' response, PayPal server will keep trying to send IPN calls up to 4 days.

The '200 OK' is a standard HTTP status code, which has nothing to do with PHP scripts. All status codes such as '404 not found', '301 moved permanently'.....etc, are sent from the web server itself, not scripts.

And look deeper into the message from your host:

This would not be an issue of the server sending a 200 response code, but an Issue if the module (not reading the IPN) or paypal not sending the callback."
which is apparently not the case since you got records like 12/08/2007 09:39:29 Completed [PayPal EC IPN] PayPal IPN Verified, both the module and PayPal are doing just fine. The only problem is your server didn't tell PayPal that the IPN call has been received, by sending the '200 OK' status code. If your server is redirecting your ext directory, PayPal will get a '301' status instead of '200'. Edited by AlexStudio

Hello all I am getting this error and I don't know how to fix it.

Noppie

please please help

the application is there.

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/hera/public_html/shop/express_checkout.php on line 10

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/hera/public_html/shop/express_checkout.php on line 10

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/hera/public_html/shop/express_checkout.php on line 10

• 1 month later...

In the instructions it says it works with: osCommerce 2.2ms2

I have downloaded and installed osCommerce 2.2rc2

Will this still work with this version of osCommerce?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi All,

I've recently moved servers, and my Paypal IPN (v2.3.3) which was working before on the old server ... I THINK was working for a bit on the new one (can't remember properly), but now all of the Paypal payments say: Preparing [Paypal IPN] whether they're valid or not.

I get emails still saying they're fine, and I ran the ec_diagnostic file:

Using at least PHP 4.3.0? Yes

Is OpenSSL installed? Yes

Does your store have an SSL certificate (shared/dedicated) installed and working? Yes

Is cURL installed? Yes

Does cURL work? (Simple HTTP test) Yes

(I'm not using EC).

Any suggestions as to why this might be occuring? I checked ext/ and ipn.php in there appears to be fine.

Is there anything I'm missing? I checked the configure.php file in shop/includes/ and that seems okay as well.

Should I be notifying paypal of an IP change somewhere? (I'm not with GoDaddy, and I have a Thawte EV SSL cert)

Thanks in advance,

V

Edited by veral

I believe you're posting in the wrong thread. Please refer to http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...917&st=3261.

In the instructions it says it works with: osCommerce 2.2ms2

I have downloaded and installed osCommerce 2.2rc2

Will this still work with this version of osCommerce?

Thanks,

Scott

I don't want to implement this if it does not work with 2.2rc2

The documentation says it's for 2.2mc

Will this work on 2.2rc2 OSCommerce?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody, hi Alex

Now I'm in this thread, I installed this module and it's working in my site. I'm looking the way to send to the customer a serial number, like a license for the virtual product. I want to send it in the mail that he receives from us, "order process". But also want it to be unique and only for one order number.

Does somebody know a contribution could help me? Thanks in advance and happy valentine's day!!!

Hello, Alex.

Since the last time I posted, I've been trying and TRYING to get the sandbox business email address verified... kept having no luck with it, and finally found that Australian accounts cannot be verified for Sandbox by the user. They have to be verified by Paypal people.

(It took another two or so weeks to actually get the account verified, but at last it's done!)

Now I've just installed this, and have both the sandbox and live API certificates... uploaded (hopefully to the right place).

I ran the diagnostic, which resulted in YES for everything except for the following:

Did PayPal respond without errors? (If not, errors are below) No

Error #1: Internal Error (10001)

Internal Error

Error #2: Internal Error (10001)

Internal Error

I hate to impose on you, Alex, as you've already been so fantastically helpful, but... any idea why the error is occurring? The address, if you need it, is www.soundbooks.com.au/downloadshop/

- Ingrid

Edited by Almirena

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_DEFAULT) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/soundboo/public_html/downloadshop/index.php on line 33
This message is telling you that the definition of FILENAME_DEFAULT is missing in your downloadshop/includes/filenames.php. You probably copied over the file from the contribution package, but you should only add the new definitions into your existing filenames.php. Please follow the install guide to the letter carefully.

The PayPal response error 10001 'Internal error' is telling you that there is some problem within the server you're testing with. Sandbox server is not as stable as the live one, and this error happens from time to time. Please try it later (sometimes it takes a few days) or run the diagnostics with the live server.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Are pending echecks meant to change status automatically once payment has cleared?

We are having to change the status mainly when the echeck clears some days later.

Otherwise module is working fine, no problem with Instant Payments.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards

John