• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Express Checkout IPN Payment Module

AlexStudio

OK, I'm getting this message at the moment and I can't fix it:

We're sorry, but we were unable to process your payment.

The cURL library, which is required by the PayPal Website Payments Pro module, is not present. Please contact your webhost and request that it be installed.

If I look at the server info in the administration panel, it says:

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.16.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8a zlib/1.2.3

Which to me suggests that it is working?

Using IIS on Win2k...

The curl_init() function doesn't exist, or cannot be found in your curl library. Please check if the curl library is broken.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Right i installed it on my UK account and all seemed to be working fine with a test order going through fine. However when i tried again today i seem to miss out part of the process i had yesterday ie: it bypassed the bit where i got the chance to go "Express Checkout" with a big oblong button or "The Old route", is that part of the way it works?

Also i installed the following mod today http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1286 and i can't get it to show the discount, does the Paypal EC bypass whats needed for this mod to work.

Cheers Richard

Hi

Right i installed it on my UK account and all seemed to be working fine with a test order going through fine. However when i tried again today i seem to miss out part of the process i had yesterday ie: it bypassed the bit where i got the chance to go "Express Checkout" with a big oblong button or "The Old route", is that part of the way it works?

Also i installed the following mod today http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1286 and i can't get it to show the discount, does the Paypal EC bypass whats needed for this mod to work.

Cheers Richard

Thank you Richard for confirming that it works with your UK account.

Yes, the selection between the Express Checkout Button and the normal checkout is there if you set Utilize Express Checkout Button to Yes.

The contribution you mentioned probably has some modifications in either checkout_shipping.php or checkout_confirmation.php. If it is the case, you need to apply those modifications to ec_shipping.php or express_checkout.php, otherwise it won't work.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

I still don't seem to get any different pages regardless of which way i have the Utilize Express Checkout Button set to. It's not a problem, i just don't like not being able to get to it again as i know it's there. I don't even know where that extra long button came from as it's not in your extra images either, so i can't show you exactly what page i'm missing seeing.

As for the mod, it doesn't have to be edited in any other files, but probably does call others, so i will have a look at that later.

Richard

Hi

Just started another test account and the option now comes up (see image below)

screenshot.gif

Hope the last post makes some sense now.

On my other account i don't get given the chance to pick "Or Continue Checkout Procedure".

Should i be given that option now?

Cheers Richard

Hi

Just started another test account and the option now comes up (see image below)

screenshot.gif

Hope the last post makes some sense now.

On my other account i don't get given the chance to pick "Or Continue Checkout Procedure".

Should i be given that option now?

Cheers Richard

Close your browser to kill the sessions. Then open your browser again and load your page. If you have unpaid token left in sessions, you will not see that button.

Hi

Thanks again.

I have contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4738 installed, so i guess that is why i'm not seeing the button, Would that be right? as it extends the time the session lasts i think. Should i take that out again, would that be best?

Cheers Richard

I would say that the never lose cart modification is problematic and it can cause serious problem in some cases. It forces session life to be a week long, and creates cookies without assigning a domain. Please, IMHO, don't use it.

Hi

Ok thanks for that, i have now uninstalled it and cleared cashe, but still no button now on either account. I will have a play with that over the weekend.

Do you think you could have a look at the following mod http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1286 as it is only 2 files to add and no editing to do on any os files, so it must be something that the files themselves call that are being missed by your mod.

Cheers and i will love you forever if you get it working :thumbsup: as it is one of the most useful mods out there.

Cheers Richard

I seem to be going around in a loop here. Currently i am only testing on Sandbox.

I checkout, i get directed to the PayPal site, put in my PayPal username/password, i get directed back to my website and then when i click the PAY button, i get my username/password box screen as if am logging back into my account (website account).

Does this work with shared SSL?

Thanks

I seem to be going around in a loop here. Currently i am only testing on Sandbox.

I checkout, i get directed to the PayPal site, put in my PayPal username/password, i get directed back to my website and then when i click the PAY button, i get my username/password box screen as if am logging back into my account (website account).

Does this work with shared SSL?

Thanks

It seems to me that there is something wrong with your cookie domain settings. Sessions broken when you get back from PayPal.

This module should work if OpenSSL installed and detected, no matter you have a dedicated/shared SSL or not.

Hi

Right i need to apologise :blush:

I had the Loyalty mod set to give discount on Delivered status (As you would) but all my test sales had only gone to Pending status. So having re-installed again it now works as it should.

Plus i got the button again :lol: small minds and all that :thumbsup:

Cheers and sorry for any confusion anybody suffered

Richard

Hi

Don't worry i found them in a database backup i did.

I have the following:

INSERT INTO `orders_status` VALUES (5, 1, 'Completed [PayPal EC IPN]');

INSERT INTO `orders_status` VALUES (4, 1, 'Cancelled [PayPal EC IPN]');

Can i just add those, but i will need to change the numbers 4 and 5 to 5 and 6, as i installed the "Official Paypal IPN module" again, and don't want the hassle of removing it again.

Will that work doing that Ok.

Cheers Richard

Hi

Don't worry i found them in a database backup i did.

I have the following:

INSERT INTO `orders_status` VALUES (5, 1, 'Completed [PayPal EC IPN]');

INSERT INTO `orders_status` VALUES (4, 1, 'Cancelled [PayPal EC IPN]');

Can i just add those, but i will need to change the numbers 4 and 5 to 5 and 6, as i installed the "Official Paypal IPN module" again, and don't want the hassle of removing it again.

Will that work doing that Ok.

Cheers Richard

Remove EC IPN module and re-install it in your admin->modules->payment page, it will create those 2 orders status again.

The IPN response from PayPal can be complicated, there for these 2 new statuses were added, to reflect the payment status more specifically.

PayPal Express Checkout IPN v0.4.1 update released.

• Bug Fixed - In v0.4 if more than 1 record found in address book matched the street address sent back by PayPal, a new address record would be added because the address matching code couldn't tell which record it should be. Re-wrote the address checking code to pick an address from matched records and not to create any new entry.
  • Bug Fixed - In v0.4 if EC button disabled, the error message for the cancel url couldn't be shown when shipping is skipped (virtual orders). Changed the cancel url to checkout payment page when order content type is virtual and EC button not enabled.
  • Added a new configuration key to skip sending shipping address to paypal.
  • Added a new configuration key to skip the confirmation page before sending customers to PayPal.
  • Minor bug fixed in the language level file, the cURL not exiting error message was not modified from WPP module, now amendeded to EC IPN module.
  • Added in ipn.php to handle the customer's selected language to be used with order comments (IPN message logging).
  • Modified in ipn.php not to show address status if shipping address not present (skipped or virtual orders).
  • Bug fixed in ipn.php to work around osCommerce rounding issue with different decimal points settings.
  • Bug fixed in ipn.php to handle all possible cancelled order statuses.

It seems to me that there is something wrong with your cookie domain settings. Sessions broken when you get back from PayPal.

This module should work if OpenSSL installed and detected, no matter you have a dedicated/shared SSL or not.

I've double checked the cookie domain settings and they all seem correct.

Is there anything else i could check?

Thanks

I've double checked the cookie domain settings and they all seem correct.

Is there anything else i could check?

Thanks

Make sure your cookie domain started with a dot, eg. '.mydomain.com' rather than 'mydomain.com'

Make sure you don't force cookie usage since you have a shared SSL certificate.

Make sure your cookie domain started with a dot, eg. '.mydomain.com' rather than 'mydomain.com'

Make sure you don't force cookie usage since you have a shared SSL certificate.

Hi Alex...

thanks...i got it working lastnight.

Whilst testing though, i've noticed that while the website account address and paypal address match, the transaction did not go through. An error like "address mismatch occured" in a pink box appears on the screen. However when i set "Skip Address" to YES, in the module config the transaction works just fine.

I updated lastnight to 0.41

Cheers

So I have had my site pretty much ready to launch and decided that in addition to Google checkout, I would like to have PayPal as well. I upgraded my paypal account to a premier account and got my API credentials. First I installed paypal_express_checkout_IPN_v0.4 which did not show any checkout button on the shopping cart page. Then I installed PAYPAL_US_with_PWA. I followed those instructions, and now I get a orange express checkout button to show up on the shopping cart page. Problem is when I click it, it takes me to the login page, which I don't want. I do not want customers to setup accounts on my store. The other problem is that before installing the paypal WPP and XPRSS checkout package, my Google checkout worked fine. Now if I disable website payments pro in admin panel, my google checkout disappears. I have to have paypal enabled in order for my google checkout to show. I am afraid I really screwed this thing up and I needed to get my store off the ground in the next 7 days. Can anyone offer any advice?

Please note that to this point, I had commented out any and every redirect in any .php file that would bring customers to the login page. I love google because it works just the way I want paypal to work. Is this possible? Also should it matter if I am a premier, personal or WPP paypal user?

Thanks,

Coffeeman

:'(

I had my site setup not to take any customer to the login.php page, instead checkout will be initiated through the shopping_cart.php page and customer will immediately be transferred to payment gateway - I was using google checkout. I Would like to add paypal but don't know if this paypal express checkout IPN payment module will work without gathering customer info from store. Is there paypal contribution that functions like google checkout by passing the shopping cart info directly to paypal without requiring input store side? If so, can someone please tell me how to do this as I am at a loss and now my store is not functioning properly as a result of my recent PAYPAL_US_with_PWA installation. PLEASE HELP. :'(

:'(

I had my site setup not to take any customer to the login.php page, instead checkout will be initiated through the shopping_cart.php page and customer will immediately be transferred to payment gateway - I was using google checkout. I Would like to add paypal but don't know if this paypal express checkout IPN payment module will work without gathering customer info from store. Is there paypal contribution that functions like google checkout by passing the shopping cart info directly to paypal without requiring input store side? If so, can someone please tell me how to do this as I am at a loss and now my store is not functioning properly as a result of my recent PAYPAL_US_with_PWA installation. PLEASE HELP. :'(

The PWA (Purchase Without Account) option was in the WPP+EC module v0.8.2 developed by Brian Burton, which is the foundation of this EC IPN module. I took PWA out because EC IPN module is complicated enough without PWA, and I don't want to get involved with something I really don't need.

AFAIK the PayPal US w/ PWA package is only a modified copy of Brian Burton's WPP+EC module v0.7.3, came with the big fat PEAR module which is now obsolete. I think you should try WPP+EC v0.8.2, the PWA feature is built-in with it.

The PWA (Purchase Without Account) option was in the WPP+EC module v0.8.2 developed by Brian Burton, which is the foundation of this EC IPN module. I took PWA out because EC IPN module is complicated enough without PWA, and I don't want to get involved with something I really don't need.

AFAIK the PayPal US w/ PWA package is only a modified copy of Brian Burton's WPP+EC module v0.7.3, came with the big fat PEAR module which is now obsolete. I think you should try WPP+EC v0.8.2, the PWA feature is built-in with it.

Thanks,

I will try that and let you know how I make out.

Coffeeman