• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Issues- Please help

amitxox

I am very new to osCommerce but had been using paypal buy now buttons on my site before this.

Installed paypal payment module and have the following issues,

1. No, order detail on the confirmation page for customer, no order details transferred to paypal before payment. Customer only sees the name of the store and order total which is very unfriendly for someone who is going to go ahead and pay you an amount. Is there a way to fix this so the customer can see the order details and pay comfortably for the order ??

2. I am receiving order details in my oscommerce order module even before the payment is made which is very risky as we could ship an order even before it gets actually paid for in PayPal.

What is the best way to link a successful payment in paypal to an order completion or order processed in the oscommerce shopping cart. Do I activate paypal IPN in my paypal profile tab and if yes, what URL or how do I connect that to the osCommerce shopping cart to reflect a successful payment completion.

3. Is there a dummy paypal credit card or email id paypal provides to test transactions on paypal. I donot want to keep charging my credit card to see how transactions go through in PayPal.

Are there even any ways around these issues or is it a lost case ?

Please help as without this it will be difficult for our store to go online.

Thanks

Amit

This thread covers many of the importan paypal settings, as well as some other issues you may or may not be running into:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...184766&st=0

To test paypal, you want to sign up to use a sandbox:

https://developer.paypal.com/

Paypal has two types of order display: aggregate and itemized. Aggregate (the setting you are using) displays only the total. Itemized displays items, shipping, tax, and total.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations