• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

withoutaccount v.1.2

mthierfelder

I've been trying to get my OsCommerce site to work with this mod that supposedly will give the user the option to 1) create an account at checkout time, 2) sign in on prexisting account at checkout time, 3) Go through checkout without an account.

It looks really nice and would provide a lot of conveniance IF IT WORKED! I get to the login.php page and upon continuing with any option it will simply loop me back to the login page, with this as the URL:

"http://secure.cclhosting.com/~icecold/catalog/login.php?/catalog//action=process&email_address=&osCsid=e91060549cc8896aac50b4da81c8467c"

I'm a bit confused by the "catalog//action=" part, and I think this may be part of the problem...I'm not a good enough programmer to understand exactly how the code works. Does anyone have this mod working for them, or have any suggestions? Greatly appreciated.

Mike

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

I'm sorry to say I got my own URL wrong :lol: . Here is the correct one:

https://secure.cclhosting.com/~icecold/cata...talog/login.php

--MIke

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

I "think" if you have a later snapshot it won't work. It was written for a snapshot back in Julyish? Wouldn't work with my mid September snapshot.

Cheng has posted a more recent one that should work. - I believe it's withoutaccount .50, then he tweaked it to .55 to get rid of a couple bugs.

That should work with the later snapshots. :)

I haven't integrated the .55 but the other looked like it was pretty close when i fiddled with it.

Yes, I am aware that Cheng has posted another mod that will do the same basic thing. His script is not well prepared and the install instructions are difficult to follow. He says in there "make a link to Order_Info.php somewhere on your login page" and that's about it. I tried his method and it didn't work for me. Since Mark Russel's version is for an earlier build then I guess there's not much point in working with his mod. Ok, so I'll just grin and bear it :o and use Chen's work to get the job done. It would be nice though, if there were a more user friendly interface for Chen's script, as it is now, its just a fast and dirty type operation.

Suggestions welcome, but not always appreciated.

Mike

Installed Modules: