• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Orders with multiple products at Different Times

homewetbar

I'm curious how others are handling the shipment of orders with mutiple products in which some products are on backorder or ship directly from the manufacture?

This caused some issues for us during Christmas as you cannot choose which products in OsCommerce admin shipped and which did not, it's either the whole or has shipped, or not. Which makes backorders and items shipped directly from the manufacture hard to handle when other in stock items are on the order. Has anyone developed a system to track this or a contrib that allows part of an order to ship if there are backorders, and to ship the rest later?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

• 3 weeks later...

I find this hard to believe, no one has any experience with this, or wants to discuss how best to fullfil orders with multiple items and backorders?

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

• 3 weeks later...

No one??

• 11 months later...
I'm curious how others are handling the shipment of orders with mutiple products in which some products are on backorder or ship directly from the manufacture?

This caused some issues for us during Christmas as you cannot choose which products in OsCommerce admin shipped and which did not, it's either the whole or has shipped, or not. Which makes backorders and items shipped directly from the manufacture hard to handle when other in stock items are on the order. Has anyone developed a system to track this or a contrib that allows part of an order to ship if there are backorders, and to ship the rest later?

I'd like to see this addressed as well!

I haven't implemented my store yet because this is a key issue for me. Some products are digital, others are tangible, produced by custom order direct from the supplier. I just want the supplier to get the part of the order they need, not be notified every time there's a download, which will happen more often. Had hoped to use a backorder notification or out-of-stock notification to trigger this. The digital/tangible products are linked, so it's not ideal to force the customer to enter two complete orders.

Archived