• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

built in redirect function index_ads

whatsthis

Help please

I've been trying to get the index_ads or indexads_rows to work. The banner is displayed but there is no link to the affiliates site. The installation guide for the contribute says this

Create a new banner, being sure to use a local address for the url (i.e. "index.php?cPath=23" instead of "http://www.host.com/index.php?cPath=23").

This will not work to redirect to external sites. For that, use the built in redirect function.

What is built in redirect function ? The ordinary banners in the footer work great !

Help please

I've been trying to get the index_ads or indexads_rows to work. The banner is displayed but there is no link to the affiliates site. The installation guide for the contribute says this

Create a new banner, being sure to use a local address for the url (i.e. "index.php?cPath=23" instead of "http://www.host.com/index.php?cPath=23").

This will not work to redirect to external sites. For that, use the built in redirect function.

What is built in redirect function ? The ordinary banners in the footer work great !

Sorted this out myself. You get problems with links when using a secure server. So just use the code from the standard banner which is in the footer.php. Also forget indexads_rows. You can change the code in index_ads for just 1 column.

thanks to me for solving this