• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Tabs

aodfan

Hello,

I recently installed Product Tabs v.1.7.3, everything seemed to be going fine, but after I was done installing Product Tabs, I went ahead and started aligning things in categories.php correctly. Well soon after that I generated a problem, now everytime I try to go to admin/categories.php the page shows up blank. Now, I have even tried using back ups and even stock OSC categories.php files, but I receive the same blank page. Now the weird thing is if I rename the file to say categories123.php and go to it shows up, but of course doesnt have a language file, and if I created a language file the same name(categories123.php) to get the correct headings and such, the page goes back to being blank?

The other issue I am having with Product Tabs is that on the catalog side, the tabs are not showing up,and showing the description twice, as in the photo below:

Untitled-2-2.jpg

If you could help me with these problems I would be greatly appreciative!

--

Thanks,

Aodfan

(James)

Hello,

I recently installed Product Tabs v.1.7.3, everything seemed to be going fine, but after I was done installing Product Tabs, I went ahead and started aligning things in categories.php correctly. Well soon after that I generated a problem, now everytime I try to go to admin/categories.php the page shows up blank. Now, I have even tried using back ups and even stock OSC categories.php files, but I receive the same blank page. Now the weird thing is if I rename the file to say categories123.php and go to it shows up, but of course doesnt have a language file, and if I created a language file the same name(categories123.php) to get the correct headings and such, the page goes back to being blank?

The other issue I am having with Product Tabs is that on the catalog side, the tabs are not showing up,and showing the description twice, as in the photo below:

Untitled-2-2.jpg

If you could help me with these problems I would be greatly appreciative!

--

Thanks,

Aodfan

(James)

I can't really help you on the admin side, as I just installed Product Tabs 1.7 with no problems at all.

As far as the catalog side, the additional tabs don't show up until there is actual content to be displayed. What I mean is in the product editor on admin side, if you only have the product specification and requirement fields filled in, just those tabs will show on the product info page.

To get the description to not show up twice, try getting rid of

<?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?>

on product_info.php

Hope this help.

-Mike

I can't really help you on the admin side, as I just installed Product Tabs 1.7 with no problems at all.

As far as the catalog side, the additional tabs don't show up until there is actual content to be displayed. What I mean is in the product editor on admin side, if you only have the product specification and requirement fields filled in, just those tabs will show on the product info page.

To get the description to not show up twice, try getting rid of

<?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?>

on product_info.php

Hope this help.

-Mike

Hey Mike,

I deleted the code you were talking about, it removed the double description, but the other part still does not show tabs and shows the new descriptions on the same page, just links as in the photo below, also now in the admin when categores.php is clicked it pops up as if a download and does not directly go to the link in the browser, as in the second photo below?? Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks

dsghgh.jpg

ffgfgfgfg.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Mike,

I deleted the code you were talking about, it removed the double description, but the other part still does not show tabs and shows the new descriptions on the same page, just links as in the photo below, also now in the admin when categores.php is clicked it pops up as if a download and does not directly go to the link in the browser, as in the second photo below?? Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks

The best guess I can come up with is maybe you didn't include the javascript file in the header? I am at work right now an can't view the install instructions, but maybe look into that.

-Mike

Hey

Ive just installed the 2.0 version, and have great problems with it.

Well it all works in the admin, and when looking at a product, it shows great. But, whenever I do a search, or try to clikc on a category, I get:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'select p.products_image, m.manufacturers_name, pd.products_name, p.products_mode' at line 1

select count(select p.products_image, m.manufacturers_name, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = \'1\' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = \'4\' and p2c.categories_id = \'46\' order by pd.products_name) as total

[TEP STOP]

Im really no tgood with MYSQL, so anyone can PLEASE help?

Ive imported all the lines into SQL through phpmyadmin, so it should work.

Thanks

P.