• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Url rewriting slowing site down

espectations

Hi,

I installed SEO URLS and header tags and all is working fine except for some small issues - will really appreciate help with this:

1. The rewriting of urls is slowing the site down a lot - is there possibly a way that we could speed up the site?
  2. This is not a major issue but my urls are reading backpackvacuum in stead of backpack-vacuum - any suggestions here?
  3. I used to have a categories drop-down showing up on the manufacturers page - this disappeared and I am not sure how to get it back - any suggestions?
  4. When you click on the first link there is a session ID - thereafter the session ID's do not appear - how can I get rid of the session ID when clicking on the first link?

Any help regarding these matters will be greatly appreciated. I saw some people in the forum ask similar questions but I cannot find the answers in the forum.

Hi,

I installed SEO URLS and header tags and all is working fine except for some small issues - will really appreciate help with this:

1. The rewriting of urls is slowing the site down a lot - is there possibly a way that we could speed up the site?
  2. This is not a major issue but my urls are reading backpackvacuum in stead of backpack-vacuum - any suggestions here?
  3. I used to have a categories drop-down showing up on the manufacturers page - this disappeared and I am not sure how to get it back - any suggestions?
  4. When you click on the first link there is a session ID - thereafter the session ID's do not appear - how can I get rid of the session ID when clicking on the first link?

Any help regarding these matters will be greatly appreciated. I saw some people in the forum ask similar questions but I cannot find the answers in the forum.

Isn't there the ability to cache SEO URLS?

WhatsTheBigIdea.com, Inc.

Bright Ideas for the Web, Print and beyond!

100 Dock Street

Saugerties, NY 12477

(845)247-0909

Hi,

Which seo url contribution did you install?

About the sids , that is the standard way they work in oscommerce , if you do not want them to show at all you can set Force Cookies to True in your admin.

Edited by toyicebear

Which seo url contribution did you install?

About the sids , that is the standard way they work in oscommerce , if you do not want them to show at all you can set Force Cookies to True in your admin.

Hi, thanks for the responses. I installed the yesudo version 2.1 d from 25 November. I noted that the session ID issues was addressed in the update osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051112 Documentation - read through it all and they suggest that session ID killer be installed.

However, as per comments and recommendations in this forum it is said that one should not install sid killer so I am not sure what is the best?

I did set Force Cookies to True in my admin and the first link still shows up with sid.

The site in question is: Tennant SA cleaning equipment if you want to take a look.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Marinda

Edited by espectations

Hi, thanks for the responses. I installed the yesudo version 2.1 d from 25 November. I noted that the session ID issues was addressed in the update osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051112 Documentation - read through it all and they suggest that session ID killer be installed.

However, as per comments and recommendations in this forum it is said that one should not install sid killer so I am not sure what is the best?

I did set Force Cookies to True in my admin and the first link still shows up with sid.

The site in question is: Tennant SA cleaning equipment if you want to take a look.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Marinda

If you set Force Cookies to "false"

but

set Prevent Spider Sessions to "true"

and then download and use the latest spiders.txt from the contributions section.

Then the sids in the first click does not mather anymore, since they will now only show for human visitors while not show when you are visited by search engine bots.