• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Language file weirdness

yomama360

What all controls which language files are targeted?

I have a weirdness that I cannot understand. When you log into the My Accounts, it seems the language files for account_password.php and account_notifications.php got switched around.

Example:

I click on change password and the url it takes me to is account_password.php (good)

the fields are all there to change password (good)

The page heading is "Product Notifications" (not good)

and the account_notifications has the same problem, its title is "My Password"

and all the text on the page is undefined and I get stuff like:

MY_NOTIFICATIONS_DESCRIPTION

========

I have checked and re-checked that the language files have the appropriate definitions on there, and that filenames.php is right. Also the NON-language file account_password.php and account_notifications.php are correct.

So what other file controls what language file is targeted?

It works fine on my testing site which has pretty much the same mods as the live site. So I know its something I accidently bungled up a while ago... but what?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

-- George Bernard Shaw

:blush:

Man, I knew it was something simple!

My local language files were ok, the ones sitting on the server were not. Simple matter of uploading the correct ones.

I must have found and (thought I) corrected this problem a while ago but forgot to upload.

Thanks a million to myself for solving my own stupid problem, and for you wasting 3 minutes of you life reading this. :thumbsup:

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Archived