• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] osC Affiliate v2.0a PREVIEW

Snowman

Hi Henri,

One thing I was wondering about, and what was missing from Steve version, is cookies.

So, when someone comes from affiliate's site and if they deside to shop not right away but say in a week the affiliate would still get paid.

There should be a way we can set this for 14 days or 30 days.

Is it going to be a part of this release?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henri

You have been busy. :D

I hate using CVS but i will look thru your code and compare it to what ive done but havent completed and see what we can come up with.

Can you post a list of changes to the features/functions to each section so that everyone has a bit of a guide to it.

Cheers

I was waiting for that feature :D

It kind of sucks that my affiliate does not work with the new checkout, it registers how clicks went through but does not payout anything.

So, now I'm waiting for the new version with inticipation :wink:

Be aware that the cvs Code is not finished yet and it's only my working version. (not like OSC CVS which nearly alway runs)

@Snowman:

I will post features/functions when its ready. But it's nearly the some as yours, no big new features:

- Affiliates get % per Sale.

Billing runs like this: Orders must be Status 3 (delivered) and at least 30 (xx) Days old (for orders which might get refunded...). In the Admin is a overview (like the orders) so you can pay them.

You can start the billing engine as often as you like and all affiliates who earned enough money since last billing get billed.

What has changes to each section?

Hmm I started with Webcoiffers Affi (which was based on you 1.0) then you released AfilliatePreview 2.0. I looked at it and found it great, and started mixing the Stuff i made with yours.

Rewrote some of your code (mainly optimizing DB-Querys).

Changed the DB Strukture.

Really don't know anymore what has changed (with cvs we could look)...

>I hate using CVS but i will look thru your code and compare it to what ive

>done but havent completed and see what we can come up with.

Thx,

I had my starting problems with cvs too; at time I use:

http://www.tortoisecvs.org/ (Windows Explorer Integration) or under LInux shell based.

All my future projects are going in local cvs (it's a great backup and versionmanagement solution)

Cu Henri

Ok put it on my Server (cause i don't think that i can do any major changes for the rest of the week)

Test it under:

http://62.146.28.232/catalog/catalog

http://62.146.28.232/admin/admin/

You can Bill affis who earned over 50 Euro at once

If someone want's to try install it, you can get the files via cvs from:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/oscaffiliate/

Post bugs here or mail to: [email protected]

Known Issues:

- admin edit affiliate it has wrong fields (which fields do you need?)

- catalog affiliate sales: misses the status if an order has been billed

- catalog: I think a page with affiliate_payment should be created

- a lot of small things

But my small tests say its working.

Henry

Well done, I'm testing it. two questions:

1) Is it possible to give admin to enter category ID also when they enter banner. Sometime I like to give 4% commission on one category.

2) I also think it would be a good idea to change commission % /per user or per product. I like to give 5% on CD but 10% books, is it possible.

1) Is it possible to give admin to enter category ID also when they enter banner. Sometime I like to give 4% commission on one category.

2) I also think it would be a good idea to change commission % /per user or per product. I like to give 5% on CD but 10% books, is it possible.

Didn't thought about it yet (ok commmission per user i had in mind).

Should be possible, but this needs more changes in the OSC-Code and an other DB Structure.

But first i wanna get this finished.

Cu Henri

Didn't thought about it yet (ok commmission per user i had in mind).

Should be possible, but this needs more changes in the OSC-Code and an other DB Structure.  

But first i wanna get this finished.

Cu Henri

I want it done first and later we can add those:)

Thanks again, can can we see a production ready version.

Henri

I just tested your system but found a couple of issues.

I ran an order thru the system and then went into admin and set the order to delivered to see the backend process, however i noticed the order doesnt show up in the affiliate payment section.

The affiliate payout was for $50 so i had assumed it would have showed up there.

Also the systme didnt deliver any emails upon signing up to the affiliate program, or when the order was processed.

Apart from those things i recon its great. 8)

Henri

Also the systme didnt deliver any emails upon signing up to the affiliate program, or when the order was processed.

Apart from those things i recon its great. 8)

Henry use same email what Snowman used, it was well written:)

That can make a big difference lazy people like me :))

Henri

I ran an order thru the system and then went into admin and set the order to delivered to see the backend process, however i noticed the order doesnt show up in the affiliate payment section.

The affiliate payout was for $50 so i had assumed it would have showed up there.

Seems to be:

-Affiliate Sales shows $50.00

My first thought was, i selected >50.00 so i put the threshold to 49 and billed again -> $49.99 Seems to be a rounding error

I will look at it.

This should work, but i test it again too.

You mean the registration mail?

I take a look when i check the emailissue snowman mentioned

Cu Henri

You mean the registration mail?

I take a look when i check the emailissue snowman mentioned

Cu Henri

when I signed on with Snowman system it sends an informative email, which was really nice. Can we just use that email?

Seems to be:  

-Affiliate Sales shows $50.00

My first thought was, i selected >50.00 so i put the threshold to 49 and billed again -> $49.99 Seems to be a rounding error  

I will look at it.

I save the provision with decimal(15,4)

The Order was: 499.9900 -> 10% provision: 49.9990

this shows as 50.00

Changing the decimal to 15,2 should solve this..

I get mails, for registration and orders (still missing is the function in the payment update)

when I signed on with Snowman system it sends an informative email, which was really nice. Can we just use that email?

Just looked at it, very long.

But its all in the language files, so it's no problem to adjust it for your needs.

trying to install henri's code from CVS at sourceforge

got error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_session_register() in C:Megaflowers.ruincludesaffiliate_application_top.php on line 82

using 2.2 snapshot from 4 november 2002

btw

i've encountered errror with language file in same file, edited it manually.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_session_register() in C:Megaflowers.ruincludesaffiliate_application_top.php on line 82

Did you requireo affiliate_application_top.php at the END of application_top.php?

Cause the function tep_session_register() is a normal OSC Function. And the Function are loaded in the middst of application_top.php.

Cu Henri