• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] osC Affiliate v2.0a PREVIEW

Snowman

Ok you have all been waiting patiently well here it is in all its unfinished glory...

YES IT IS BUGGY....NO ITS NOT FINISHED....NO I DONT RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE IT!!!

Well then why contribute it???

This contribution is a preview release of 2.0 It has been packaged up so that those of you that are skilled and knowledgable can sort out bugs, make suggestions and contributions etc...

IF YOU DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT PHP I DONT RECCOMMEND YOU USE THIS VERSION...

Once the bugs are ironed out and i finish the admin functions then a nice celan bug free version will be posted.

THANKS TO:

Everyone who has helpded test this module and encouraged me so far...

If you find this mod helpful feel free to make a donation via PayPal to the

"Save The Snowman Foundation" .... [email protected]

If you find any bugs please report to [email protected] - or via the Snowtech Script Development Forums

DOWNLOAD HERE

Enjoy!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Known issues at this stage include everything but the kitchen sink...LOL

Main ones are:

- sessions are not always being held during checkout...especially if an error occurs...

- affiliates can login straight after signup however the affilliate ref number doesnt show...( i thought i had solved this by unregistering the session but it appears to still be an issue)

- clickthru's and sales arent always tracked and reported right...(seems to only happen to a few testers so far)

Other know problems....

- System only works on percentage on sale value at the moment as i am still working out the pay per click and pay per sale system

- Affiliate Payout and reset system isnt complete, admin can print out a Statement but cant send it via email or reset the totals yet...im still working on it...

- No remote banner tracking yet as im still looking for the best way to handle this...

- No emailed affiliate reports yet as im still working on the code...

- No linking to the orders table yet or to the orders status...( i havent found the best way to go about this yet)

- No admin affiliate approval system...ive done the code but hadnt implemented it on this version.

Um i think thats about it so far... at least thats all i can think of at this time of night!

Snowman Thanks. Since my site is going live this week I cant impliment it. But I will surely try it on my development version.. Hope its bug free soon, and we can impliment it soon.

This so far is largest and best mod I have seen here.. Well done

Shahed

PS: Hope you have received my email

If we can get the bugs sorted out and if i get the time to get the final sections of the admin code written then hopefully a stable release version will be out in a week.

If any of you can contribute code to the module please do...as the more input and help i get the faster we will have this out as a stable release...

Ok, I installed the module, here is what I have problems with:

1. Don't see where in Admin I change affiliate rate precentage.

2. In the registration part get a lot of this:

CATEGORY_PAYMENT_DETAILS

ENTRY_TAXID

ENTRY_HOMEPAGE

and more

3. In the email this is what I get:

please proceed to our partner management area at: http://www.ukrainianshop.net/catalog/affil...e.phpCOMMISSION STRUCTUREThe commission

And a couple of more mistakes.

So my questions are:

Where do I set the rate?

And where do I edit this kind of stuff CATEGORY_PAYMENT_DETAILS?

Thank you Snowman

Ok you need to add the additional sql entries to the configuration file. There was a typo in them so add this:

#

# Dumping data for table `configuration`

#

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'E-Mail Address', 'AFFILIATE_EMAIL_ADDRESS', 'osCommerce Affiliate Program<[email protected]>', 'The E Mail Address for the  

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Affiliate Payment % Rate', 'AFFILIATE_PERCENT', '10.0000', 'Percentage Rate for the Affiliate Program', 50, 2, NULL, '2002-08-02 07:17:32', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Affiliate Pay Per Sale Rate', 'AFFILIATE_PAYMENT', '5.00', 'Pay Per Sale Rate for the Affiliate Program', 50, 3, NULL, '2002-08-02 07:17:32', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Affiliate Pay Per Click Rate', 'AFFILIATE_PAY_PER_CLICK', '0.01', 'Pay Per Click Rate for the Affiliate Program', 50, 4, NULL, '2002-08-02 07:18:38', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Payment Threshold', 'AFFILIATE_THRESHOLD', '50.00', 'Payment Threshold for paying affiliates', 50, 5, '2002-09-25 04:38:42', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

# --------------------------------------------------------

#

# Dumping data for table `configuration_group`

#

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (50, 'Affiliate Program', 'Options for the  Affiliate Program', 50, 1);

you will then find this all added to your configuration section of admin

Steve,

When I try to insert the first table in this is what I get:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'Affiliate Payment % Rate', 'AFFILIATE_PERCENT', '10.0000', 'Percentage Rate for ' at line 1

What do I need to change?

woops dropped a bit by mistake...it should say....

#

# Dumping data for table `configuration`

#

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'E-Mail Address', 'AFFILIATE_EMAIL_ADDRESS', 'osCommerce Affiliate Program<[email protected]>', 'The E Mail Address for the  Affiliate Program', 50, 1, '2002-08-02 07:22:38', '2002-07-26 22:58:42', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Affiliate Payment % Rate', 'AFFILIATE_PERCENT', '10.0000', 'Percentage Rate for the Affiliate Program', 50, 2, NULL, '2002-08-02 07:17:32', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Affiliate Pay Per Sale Rate', 'AFFILIATE_PAYMENT', '5.00', 'Pay Per Sale Rate for the Affiliate Program', 50, 3, NULL, '2002-08-02 07:17:32', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Affiliate Pay Per Click Rate', 'AFFILIATE_PAY_PER_CLICK', '0.01', 'Pay Per Click Rate for the Affiliate Program', 50, 4, NULL, '2002-08-02 07:18:38', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Payment Threshold', 'AFFILIATE_THRESHOLD', '50.00', 'Payment Threshold for paying affiliates', 50, 5, '2002-09-25 04:38:42', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

# --------------------------------------------------------

#

# Dumping data for table `configuration_group`

#

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (50, 'Affiliate Program', 'Options for the  Affiliate Program', 50, 1);

I got it working! :P

Few more questions:

1. What to do with that stuff in the registration, CATEGORY_PAYMENT_DETAILS

ENTRY_TAXID

ENTRY_HOMEPAGE

I'm not sure how to make it look normal, here is what I'm talking about

https://koala.liquidweb.com/~ukrainia/catal...4fcd6e4ee625d73

2. How long will the cookie last? Or is it a one time deal, as soon as the person leaves the affiliate won't get the commision?

3. What is - Sale Status? How does change and where?

Steve I'm loving this thing!!!

Ok it looks like you havent done all the editing od the language files... there are a few bits of text missing.

as for cookies...this version doesnt use them, its sessions based at this stage.

as for sale status im working on the code at the moment for it...

add this to your main language file: (english.php in the original)

define('ENTRY_TAXID', 'Tax number:');

define('ENTRY_TAXID_TEXT', ' <small><font color="#AABBDD">necessary input, if available!</font></small>');

define('ENTRY_HOMEPAGE', 'Homepage (inc. http://):');

define('ENTRY_HOMEPAGE_TEXT', ' <small><font color="#AABBDD">necessary input</font></small>');

define('ENTRY_AFFILIATE_USERNAME', 'Username:');

define('ENTRY_AFFILIATE_USERNAME_TEXT', ' <small><font color="#AABBDD">must contain only letters and/or numbers</font></small>');

define('ENTRY_AFFILIATE_PAYMENT_DETAILS', 'Payable to:');

define('ENTRY_PAYMENT_DETAILS_TEXT', ' <small><font color="#AABBDD">name that payments are made out to</font></small>');

define('ENTRY_USERNAME_ERROR', ' <small><font color="#FF0000">min ' . ENTRY_USERNAME_MIN_LENGTH . ' chars</font></small>');

define('ENTRY_USERNAME_CHECK_ERROR', ' <small><font color="#FF0000">You username address doesn't appear to be valid!</font></small>');

define('ENTRY_USERNAME_ERROR_EXISTS', ' <small><font color="#FF0000">Username already exists!</font></small>');

Steve this is not in the instructions, so lets add this and these lines also:

define('CATEGORY_PAYMENT_DETAILS', 'Payment Details:');

define('CATEGORY_USERNAME', 'Your Username:');

Both to english.php

This is looking better and better :D

Thank you Steve, I'll keep posting as I find stuff

You know when you click on the [?] you should get the info well I get the TEXT_REFERRER_HELP instead.

I tried editing affiliate_help11.php and some other file, don't remember it of hand but had no luck.

Otherwise everything else works well.

I just finished Ukrainian translation and will be doing Russian this week, I'll send you them if you want to.

Also, is there a way to have the cookie implimented? Or you doing this for the 3rd version, I just don't know if there is an easy way or not.

Im looking at the cookies issue at the moment...

As for languages...if you can send them to me that would be great. The more the better...

for the referrer just ad the following to the affiliate_sales.php in the language file:

define('TEXT_REFERRER_HELP', '<i>Referrer</i> represents the url the click was referred from..');

As for languages...if you can send them to me that would be great. The more the better...

What do Dutchmen/Vlamingen think about the translation of Affiliate ?

I don't think there is a sufficient Dutch/Vlaams word for that...

I'm still a bit puzzled what to use... Affiliate or 'Partner' or the oldfashioned Wederverkoper... I prefer to leave it 'Affiliate' (and will for my personal use) but I'd like to hear what other 'Cheeseheads' think so I can do a proper Dutch contrib.

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Technically a DEALER is somebody that sells your products (or funny smelling plants) directly but also buys his stock from you.

Affiliates are another breed if you ask me...

Can someone shine a light on what AFFILIATE means exactly?

(I know what it is but I mean where does the term originate)

Damn, we should have sticked to tulips & windmills.

//attice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

I'm not sure this will help with the translation in to Dutch, but to answer your question on the origin....according to Encarta it comes from the Latin word affiliare 'to adopt as a son' and filius 'son' and has its origins in the mid-18th Century.

In fact, I am now sure that this will not help at all.

Jon.