• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free Shipping module request!

paulrus

I have a request for whoever created the Free Shipping module (or for anyone with better PHP skills than me). I would like the Free Shipping module to be able to exclude certain products.

We have ours set to free shipping at over $100 spent - well the problem we had was that someone came and bought exactly $100 of only the heaviest stuff we sell and then used a 20% off coupon so they ended up spending $80. Shipping was $50 on an $80 sale....... needless to say we weren't really happy when that happened. So we'd like to be able to exclude really heavy products from the free shipping module if possible.

Thanks!!

Paul

I am working on something similar for what you are looking for and might be able to adapt something like it to your site if you need help.

Contact me if you need more help with this.

That would be excellent! Actually I had a secondary question for you Linda. My wife (the shop owner) is also running a "personal shopper" service for Japan and here's an idea we had:

Using the module that lets you set different prices for different customers we set up the customer who wants to buy a specific product so they are at level A and therefore see the real price - everyone else becomes level B and they see a price of 9999999 or whatever sets off the Free Call For Price module. We then just replace one of the graphics that it calls with "Custom Order" or something like that in Japanese.

Does that sound like it would work?

Thanks!

Paul

There is always a way :D

I would just have to play a bit with the code to set it up the way you are wanting it.

Basically you are just adding another condition to how the currencies.php displays the prices based on the customer setting.

You need to decide what happens when the customer is not logged in and what happens when they are logged in.

Archived