osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Virtual Mall 2.2.1 Release Support Thread

Rachael w.

Hello,

I'm getting this error

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in checkout_process.php on line 167

line 167 is: 'store_id' => $order->$products[$i]['store_id'],

I checked the products table and there is a coloumn store id....

any help on this?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Has anybody figure out how to install Virtual Mall with a fresh V2.2 RC2?

I've been trying for a while and I still can't get it to work. This is way over my abilities.

Anybody??

Thanks

Civil engineer, not a programmer, but very curious.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Question whats the problem with the addon forum not one single download showing up on any of the addons. I've looked at 30 addons and not a single one has a download , This is a joke got addons but no downloads = no addons for Oscommerce. And Yes I'm logged in as a user..

I have just updated and released Virtual Mall 2.2.1. Which can be downloaded HERE (once approved, as its a large file) This is the support thread for this version.

This contrib is for a new oscommerce site only, and will install a vanilla (stock) oscommerce site on your server with the addition of stores functions in the admin.

Since this is pretty much a stock oscommerce site, most (if not all) oscommerce contributions should install as normal but be sure to use a file compare program rather than writing over its pages.

I am not the original designer/writer of this contrib, I worked with that already written and released earlier.

Please post any issues, changes, requests and so on to this thread as I cannot offer direct support.

There are still some little tweaks to be worked out and I am hoping that we can improve upon this contrib together.

• 4 months later...

Ok, looks like this contrib has not been updated for a while, and it has taken quite a bit of effort for me to get it working in RC2. Hopefully (in about a month when I am done with the project I am using this for), I can update the contrib to RC2.

In the meantime, here is what I have come across that I've had to work on to make it RC2-compatible:

1. The login/cookies/sessions was a mess, but I think I have it sorted out now

2. Updating Store Access also screwed up store admins' passwords, so I created 2 copies of admin/administrators.php and associated files - one for updating passwords, and one for updating everything else. I'm sure there's a smoother way of doing this but it was quicker to creat a file with and without password functions altogether.

3. On initial login, Store Admins see customers/order screens but can't access them if they are not supposed to be privileged to do so - which makes no sense. Still working on this...

4. The real worry: If a store admin with "Catalog" access only logs in and clicks on "Catalog", 2 things happen: first, it correctly expands the menu to show "Products" which will take them to my_products.php so they can edit only their listings. But, clicking on "Catalog" also takes them to categories.php, opening the main "unrestricted" catalog pane in the main body, and once there, they can drill down into catagories/products that are NOT THEIRS and edit them. This bypasses all the restraints that my_products.php meant to place on them. I'm not sure if this is something that the original programmers never saw, or if it is due to differences in RC2.

Anyhow, I'm working on all this and hope to get it running correctly on RC2. If anyone has made any progress in RC2/RC1a, please share it here and between us all we can get the contrib up to date!

FYI, I think I sorted out issue #4 that I raised above by adding " and p.store_id = '" . $store_id . "' " to the query strings:

Change admin/categories.php from:

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) {
     $products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p2c.categories_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by pd.products_name");
   } else {
     $products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by pd.products_name");
   }

to:

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) {
     $products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p2c.categories_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.store_id = '" . $store_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by pd.products_name");
   } else {
     $products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.store_id = '" . $store_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by pd.products_name");
   }

scratch that, better off to edit admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php:

$heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,
                      'link'  => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'));

To:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('admin_store_id')) {
   $heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,
                      'link'  => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'));
 } else {
   $heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG );
 }

That way it doesn't screw up functionality for the main admin user. That's probably a good idea with all the files in admin/includes/boxes, since it seems that allowing the category heading to be a link also provides a way to bypass the restrictions within a section.

Edited by BuffaloWeb

• 6 months later...

This SEEMS to have installed just fine. However... I have created 2 test stores in addition to the main store account and limited the test store access levels. The problem is wether I'm logged in as main admin or one of the lower level store owners, I can edit everything I have access to.

I thought this would create unique accounts where each store owner could have a unique store name, products, categories etc., but everything seems to be shared. Am I missing something here? As it is now, it's pointless. There's no privacy or separation at all in the back end. All owners are tied to the same PayPal account, the same person's name is on the Check/Money Order option, customers, everything.

Is there a version where you can create individual, PRIVATE stores? (Yes, I did limit the test users to the test stores, but that isn't working at all.)

Hi,

Have you solved this issue? There's a post at the end of this conversation but it doesn't work for me, I get some errors.

How did you do it?

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm getting this error

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in checkout_process.php on line 167

line 167 is: 'store_id' => $order->$products[$i]['store_id'],

I checked the products table and there is a coloumn store id....

any help on this?

Hi chrisavv,

How did you solve this issue? I'm stuck on this!

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I'm looking forward to this being updated for RC2.2a. I've tried doing it myself (and I succeeded on the catalog side) but I can't get the admin side to work at all (I can't even access the admin side).

If someone can help and update this I would be greatly appreciative.

Naloomi

• 9 months later...