osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Virtual Mall 2.2.1 Release Support Thread

Rachael w.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far everything seems to be set up properly. However, now that Im preparing to set up my stores, I realize Im not quite sure how to set them up (seperately/together). Im going to start in the admin and see what happens. How do you keep each stores files (html) seperate? Do you have for example, index_1.html (for main store--mine); index2.html for shop 2, etc? They cant all share the same html as the styles for each vary.

Thank you

Id like to use the thread for questions and answers, perhaps others can contribute and/or learn.

• 3 months later...

OK Just installed Virtual Mall.. Same error.. How did you fix it.. I am assuming it's something simple that I'm overlooking because the install went smooth to that point.

This is the error:

1054 - Unknown column 'store_id' in 'where clause'

select count(*) as products_count from products where store_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

• 3 months later...

Hello!

I tried to install Virtual Mall a few minutes ago. All went well until I try to run separetaly each SQL query.

This is the error message: #1067 - Valeur par d�faut invalide pour 'administrators_id (translation: #1067 - Invalid default value for 'administrators_id')

Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

--> Local installation with PHP 4.3.10 and MySQL 4.1.9-max / phpMyAdmin 2.6.1

Edited by xavengerx

Hello there,

I am looking for a contribution that will allow the following:

1) 1 admin

2) ability to assign specific items to specific stores located at virtual domains of my primary domain (webmerchindustries.com) or alternate domains (each store would have its own look, how does this work?)

3) ability to have a "master store" where all items would be available

4) all orders go to the same admin, so no matter which store items are purchased from, all new orders will go to the same screen

Basically, I have an umbrella company that will be selling items through various "themed" stores. So, one owner, one admin, one cart.

Is this mod compatible with 2.2 RC1?

Also, how easy is it to do other mods once this is installed?

Finally, is there ANY way to apply this mod to an existing cart? (piratemerch.com)

Thanks for any help you can give me!

-Gary @ Webmerch Industries

It has been a long time since I've been back to this contrib. Our plans for it actually fell through since we couldn't grow enough interest in getting others to participate and I've since gone back to a basic osc store and just list my own products. I will try to answer your questions based on my memory of the contrib.

1) 1 admin

The admin for the virtual mall store is one admin, but we attempted to set it up so that the participants (store owners or vendors) would only have access to their own products based on levels set up by the primary administrator. This was somewhat successful but there were a few kinks that needed to be addressed. Memory fails me as to the exact details of the kinks.

2) ability to assign specific items to specific stores located at virtual domains of my primary domain (webmerchindustries.com) or alternate domains (each store would have its own look, how does this work?)

The individual 'stores' worked similar to the manufacturers in a normal osc install. You could set up a store home page for the individual store owners and sort products based on the store owner. There would be one category box with products from all store owners. Each product would have the same look as any other but could show the store owner in the product info page if so inclined. The only personalization would be the individual stores "about me" type page. I didn't make the effort to create something where the individual store owners could tweak their product listing page (like ebay's product pages) because I like the uniformity of a site rather than the mess I see on ebay. (my own personal preference)

3) ability to have a "master store" where all items would be available

Yes, this is a master store where it appears to customers as one large store, but with the ability to sort by individual store owner and to have one home page for each store.

4) all orders go to the same admin, so no matter which store items are purchased from, all new orders will go to the same screen

Yes, all orders are seen in one admin and they share the same database. This was where the most work needed to be done in the coding for the admin levels, where there were some little quirks that I just didnt have the time or the brain power to work out. The customers and orders were available for each store owner, but every store owner could see the others sales too (I think, memory doesn't serve me well on this one).

The store appeared perfect from the visitor's point of view but the admin had some things that needed work. The administrator levels needed to be elaborated on and I didn't have time to do that. The password protected admin was working well.

The reason the modification needs to be done as a completely new install is that there are so many modifications, a simple line edit change to an existing store was virtually impossible.

The payment system is shared of course so the main administrator would also need to manage the sales and payment to the individual sellers. The shipping costs were also shared so the individual sellers would need to share the shipping costs, that would need to be worked out, a shipping per item contrib would probably be the best thing to add to this mod.

I hope I answered your questions. This is a great mall type modification, it just needs more interest from those with more php coding experience than I have to get it to work flawlessly. I wish it would have worked out for my situation as I thought it was a fabulous idea, I just couldn't get the interest from local dealers I had hoped I would and I had to abandon the code.

I will help where I can, please feel free to pm me with any questions. I'd certainly love to see this take off and see someone out there using it effectively and for the purpose it was designed for.

hey everyone, ok here is my question....is it possible to install this mod into a cart that is already live? i know it says that it is for a new store only...but i was just hoping that perhaps i could do a file compare or something similar

• 2 weeks later...

I installed this mod and I get the following error when I try to save a new store owner...

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/kustomby/public_html/marketplace/admin/administrators.php on line 44

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kustomby/public_html/marketplace/admin/administrators.php:44) in /home/kustomby/public_html/marketplace/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

I can install this mod every thing well done. but I have a question about store url, how to access Store1, Store2, because now I found only main store I can't find New store which I added at admin panel.

Please suggests.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
I can install this mod every thing well done. but I have a question about store url, how to access Store1, Store2, because now I found only main store I can't find New store which I added at admin panel.

Please suggests.

Thank you

Looking for the same thing where are the stores..??

the readme has this but doesnt work (or am I doing wrong?)

From the original readme.txt (John W. Paitel) edited 12/31/2006 by theantiquestore:

To create your stores

1) In the administrative/Stores Admin/Stores section, click on the stores link and enter in all the information for each

store that you wish to have.

2) Create "top" level categories for each store, and name the category the same as the store. (Example, for a store named

MyStore, create a top level category named MyStore)

3) Under each category/store, create the categories and products that belong to that store.

4) Set permissions and passwords for each store under Administrative/Stores Admin/Stores Access.

!!IMPORTANT!!

5) When creating a product in a store, you MUST select which store it belongs to from the drop down box. If you don't do

this, then it will not be included in any emails to each store owner.

6) Set extra order emails to true in your admin and add each storename<email@address> for each store.

Any ideas... do post...

Thank You

• 1 month later...
Have you added any products? The stores work similar to manufacturer boxes, your stores may not show unless they have products.

But, it has been almost a year since I did this, my memory fails me sometimes.

I have installed it and it works great with some small things missing.

The stores are not listed as manufacturers. Or I did something wrong? Thats not the thing that I need but it would be OK to have a STORE BOX.

I need or better my wish is to have ATTRIBUTES in the Admin -> Store Admin -> Stores Access -> when you add store admin. My PHP knowledge is the same as "0". Can someone help me - has someone don that before?

Thanks!

Edited by boyhazard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Favius,

This might be of interest to you...

The Virtual Mall contrib does not allow multiple stores to be displayed independently of each other. This is more of 1 store, all products, having all suppliers commune in one main shopping cart.

Then each store owner is notified if 1 or more of their products is included in the sale, so that they can make the necessary preparations for the particular order notice.

BRILLIANT!!!

However, there is just one thing I needed to ask about this VM contrib... Is it set to email "all" the product details to the store owners?

For example -

- I get product A from Supplier A (Store owner A)

- I get product B from Supplier B (Store owner B)

- I get product C from Supplier C (Store owner C)

Then the confirmation email sends notice to the following -

- The MAIN STORE owner

- Supplier A (Store owner A)

- Supplier B (Store owner B)

- Supplier C (Store owner C)

* But all emails sent contain information about ALL products bought

Is there a way to notify Supplier A (Store owner B) of only hist product details, and Supplier B (Store owner B) of his product details, etc.?

* So the invoice email of Supplier A (Store owner A) will only contain Product A (and no longer include the details from Products B & C)

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem that a couple of other people have mentioned. Can someone please post the solution here? Thank you!

[TEP STOP]

I am having the same problem that a couple of other people have mentioned. Can someone please post the solution here? Thank you!

[TEP STOP]

I have it working now (hopefully all the way...). I thought I'd post what I did in case others had the same problem. store_id needed to be added to the products table. Here is the code that I used:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `store_id` INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;

I haven't gotten this far yet, but I think I will need to delete and re-add all of the sample data because they won't have store_id populated. I remember when I added it originally, that it griped at me about too many columns -- I'm guessing this is the reason. That last "1" is there for store_id.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I stumbled across OS Commerce Monday night and realized it was the exact software I needed to develop an online store I had been working on for a few months. However, I have never worked with PHP or MySQL. I've been picking it up pretty quickly, but last night I got to the point where I need to enter my user name and password for the Virtual Mall. In the download it said the user name and password was admin/admin. I've tried this several times, but it doesn't work. Is there somewhere I can go in the database to correct or check the password? What is the best way to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Greg

Hi has anyone figured out how to access each individual store separately or is the code for that not complete yet? Thanks alot in advance

Its been a long time since I've used this (ended up not needing it) but I believe I was able to show the individual store owners items the same way you would show a manufacturers products (drop down box in a column). You could click the store owners name and it would show all of their individual products.

Favius,

This might be of interest to you...

The Virtual Mall contrib does not allow multiple stores to be displayed independently of each other. This is more of 1 store, all products, having all suppliers commune in one main shopping cart.

Then each store owner is notified if 1 or more of their products is included in the sale, so that they can make the necessary preparations for the particular order notice.

BRILLIANT!!!

However, there is just one thing I needed to ask about this VM contrib... Is it set to email "all" the product details to the store owners?

For example -

- I get product A from Supplier A (Store owner A)

- I get product B from Supplier B (Store owner B)

- I get product C from Supplier C (Store owner C)

Then the confirmation email sends notice to the following -

- The MAIN STORE owner

- Supplier A (Store owner A)

- Supplier B (Store owner B)

- Supplier C (Store owner C)

* But all emails sent contain information about ALL products bought

Is there a way to notify Supplier A (Store owner B) of only hist product details, and Supplier B (Store owner B) of his product details, etc.?

* So the invoice email of Supplier A (Store owner A) will only contain Product A (and no longer include the details from Products B & C)

Thanks!

I didnt get that far with this mod. I had the store up and working fine and had hoped to elaborate on the admin section as it progressed. I had planned on it being for our local antique stores to sort of co-op their products so we could see what others had, while still having those items available online to the world. But, I couldnt convince the group that it would be an asset to every one of us. I ended up just going with a flat osc store for myself.

Hello,

I stumbled across OS Commerce Monday night and realized it was the exact software I needed to develop an online store I had been working on for a few months. However, I have never worked with PHP or MySQL. I've been picking it up pretty quickly, but last night I got to the point where I need to enter my user name and password for the Virtual Mall. In the download it said the user name and password was admin/admin. I've tried this several times, but it doesn't work. Is there somewhere I can go in the database to correct or check the password? What is the best way to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Greg

I worked on this mod some time ago, I dont actually use it (as I've mentioned) any longer so it is hard for me to support it. If you are just starting with oscommerce, I suggest dowloading the original osc and working with it, testing it, playing with changes so that you understand how it works and how everything is connected. Then install this mod. I dont think anyone has shown interest in updating or filling wishlists for it. I actually expanded on the original writers code. I had hoped someone else with more knowledge could do the same for what I've added.

• 1 month later...

I have one trouble with the new script. Everything is OK as long as I register as a user and order something from the shops in the mall.

Than I go to CONFIRM ORDER and the finish page that must display is a blank screen. The order is loged and is in the admin/orders.

What to do so that I don't get the blank screen.

Thanks!

Forget the firs post. Could not edit it - got some errors when I wished do post. THIS ONE IS RIGHT!

--------------------------

I have two troubles with the new script. Everything is OK as long as I register as a user and order something from the shops in the mall.

Than I go to CONFIRM ORDER and the finish page that must display is a blank screen. The order is loged and is in the admin/orders.

The second one is when I go to the MY ACCOUNT and VIEW ORDER there are no product in it but I have ordered 5 different ones.

The same is in the admin area by the orders everywhere where the PRODUCTS must be - there are NON.

What to do so that I don't get the blank screen and to get the products displayed.

Thanks!