• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Margins?

wizardsandwars

I noticed that some of your sites have left and right margins of an inch or two, while my columns are butted all the way against the edge.

I was wondering if this is a configurable option somewhere, or if it needs to be hardcoded in the html?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

another way to do it is as follows:

open up your stylesheet.css in your catalog folder. locate "body". it probably will read something like

BODY { background-colour: #ffffff; color: #333366; margin: 30px;}

just change the margin to whatever pixel size you want it. on my website i changed it to 30px which means top,right,bottom and left have a margin of 30 pixels. if you want to change sides individually you have to name them like so: margin-top, margin-bottom, margin-left, margin-right.

this way you guarantee that the margins are always the same no matter what the screen size is.

when you change only the pixel size in your overall table as suggested in the other reply your margins are different on different screen sizes except you use percentage. :idea:

Archived