• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moddification needed, has anyone done anthing like it?

chrisjat

I have a site that sells decals. I would like to have a section where you can custom make your decal to what ever size and color you would like (so not all decals would need this feature, I would need to be able to turn it on/off).

The user woud be able to select color, the width, height, and wether to use the aspect ratio or not. Then the customer would have the option to preview this decal's color, and stretch of the image if they turned the aspect option off.

Here's a photo of what it would look like...

helpme-design.jpg

and here's a breakdown of these functions:

helpme-explained.jpg

I might want to change the layout of how all these options are presented. I am not really utalizing all the space width wise, and I would like to make it a little more of a user friendly layout (labbled better for sure).

Has anything like this been done, where I can look at the code and try and make it work for me? If not, how would I get someone to do this for me (ie. freelance site, ect)

Thanks!

there is a contribution called option type features (you'll need that for the radios) and one for the actual price, but it's only been coded for the default dropdowns setup, so it would have to be modified.

other than that, no contributions I know of to make your work easier...

as for finding a coder, there are freelance sites, google them, or you may luck out and get a bunch of emails through this post here. You'll need someone who is good with javascript almost things on your page will need it.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

there is a contribution called option type features (you'll need that for the radios) and one for the actual price, but it's only been coded for the default dropdowns setup, so it would have to be modified.

other than that, no contributions I know of to make your work easier...

as for finding a coder, there are freelance sites, google them, or you may luck out and get a bunch of emails through this post here. You'll need someone who is good with javascript almost things on your page will need it.

I looked, but I can not find a contribution that will change the actual price of the item. I did find the one that changes the way atributes desplay the different in price (instead of +$1.00 it shows actual price). That wouldn't work because I would have other attributes affecting the price as well. It would also look a lot cleaner to have the price on the page change instead, and have the + value show in the attribute.

Is there a - change actual price, that I am not finding?

Thanks.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...attribute+price

there is lots of work left though, if you also change the price by the radios. If only your dropdowns every change the pice, it will be much easier to adapt to the option type feature mod. Good luck!

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

http://decalmonster.ca/shop/product_info.p...products_id=175

Scroll down and look at the "decal designer". Not all that pretty, but it's a start at trying to figure out what I need.

pull down the color pull down menus. There was a code to change the color of the pulldown, i found I could change the color of every line as well. Works on IE6/7 and Firefox.

What if I turned off the price to the custom decals, and had a completly seperate script running to allow the customer to make all their customizations, then have that script call a URL in oscom which would add the decal to the cart with all the attributes they selected.

Has there been anything like this done? An add product to cart with attributes called outside of the oscom site?

What if I turned off the price to the custom decals, and had a completly seperate script running to allow the customer to make all their customizations, then have that script call a URL in oscom which would add the decal to the cart with all the attributes they selected.

Has there been anything like this done? An add product to cart with attributes called outside of the oscom site?

I have found a contribution to not display a price if the price is $0.00. If I do that, I can have my own script handle the price.

All I need now is a way to add an item to the shopping cart with attributes using an external URL. I would have no idea how to do that myself. Anyone have ideas?

Well so far I think I have 3 options. I can either modify oscom to function as I need it

-Too much work

I can make my own form that would preform all the functions I want, and have it assemble a url that oscom would respond to by adding the item with all the right attribs.

-Lost as how I could make oscom function this way

I could make this application in flash, which with java script will fill in any text box with the correct attribs.

-Not sure how many people would come to my site without flash? I wonder if people with out flash wouldn't have java anyway, or even browsers too old for css. ?

I like the flash idea. I know a lot of people hate flash, and I do for the most part as well. But when you make flash look like part of your site, then I think it can be a valuble tool (if it does not look like flash, then it's good flash).

I already have a flash file made that prefills a textbox with my selection... so far this is my favorite option.