• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple SSL problem?

lildog

Could someone help me fgure out why my site is not secure? I assume it is pictures but not sure. I hope someone could swing by and peek at my source and point out the offender. www.silvermoon-jewelry.com

Thanks,

Lildog

You could try changing this line in the includes/application_top.php:

$request_type = (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ? 'SSL' : 'NONSSL';

To:

//$request_type = (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ? 'SSL' : 'NONSSL';

$request_type = (getenv('SERVER_PORT') == '443') ? 'SSL' : 'NONSSL';

Other great Open Source (Free) programs: (Free as in free speech not free beer)

The Gimp - An image program. | Firefox - All you have to do is add the Web Developer add-on to make this web browser complete. | FileZilla - An ftp program. | Inkscape - A good program to create images with. | Thunderbird - An email program. | Openoffice.org - An office suite that is compatible with MS Office. | Abiword - Another office suite. | Audacity - A sound recording tool. | ddp's Picks | Wordpress - An easy to use blogging software. | Joomla - An easy to use CMS that has ecommerce plug-ins. | Drupal - Another CMS

How do I find these programs? Google Search!

That did not change it. Where should I look? All my SSl pages are not showing the lock. Checkout, create acount..etc. Which leadds me to believe it is a common page for all. What should I look for and where do you suggest? My admin pages do showup as secure, so I know the basic security works, I just have something mucking up the works.

Thanks again,

Lildog

It's due to a non-secure link somewhere, most likely one of those in the footer. Try removing them and see if it fixes the problem. If not, you'll have to check other links you may have, visible or not, to isolate the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I pulled the footer out and that wasn't it. I opened some images in a new window and the address was not that of the secure server, that seems wrong to me. Shouldn't the address be from the secure server?

OK I pulled out my header footer and sidebars and all images including the pixel trans spacers and the button on my create account page. Still no dice. My base href in my source is not that of the secure server. Could that be it? If so where is the base href set?

Thanks once again

Lildog

So sorry. It looks like the base href is set in the create account.php.:

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

Could it be that this is not setting the base href to SSL server?

Thank you for your input,

lildog

Check your catalog/includes/configure.php and be sure all the references to https are correct. especially this one define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');

when I tell IE not to display insecure content all I get is text. no images, stylesheet commands, etc.

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

OK I pulled out my header footer and sidebars and all images including the pixel trans spacers and the button on my create account page. Still no dice. My base href in my source is not that of the secure server. Could that be it? If so where is the base href set?

Thanks once again

Lildog

Try doing that while viewing the login page (since it has less code). Then view the source to be sure there are no links on the page. It could be added in some other way.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

So i took the header,footer,sidebars,and images from login and it was secure. So it seems to me that OSC is only pulling the login.php from the secure server.

So far as I can tell everything is configured correctly but, something is amiss. It seems like the simple things are often the hardest to debug. I have been putting this off until I was ready, imagine that, now I am not ready because I have been putting this off.

BTW, my admin appears to be secure...no muss no fuss.

Thanks once again,

lildog

here is my configure.php file...

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.silvermoon-jewelry.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://s.p7.hostingprod.com/@www.silvermoon-jewelry.com/ssl'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.silvermoon-jewelry.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://s.p7.hostingprod.com/@www.silvermoon-jewelry.com/ssl');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

These

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://s.p7.hostingprod.com/@www.silvermoon-jewelry.com/ssl');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

should be

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 's.p7.hostingprod.com/@www.silvermoon-jewelry.com/ssl');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

But if you removed those things and the problem went away, it means one of them was at fault.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I made the changes to the two lines and still not secure. Also deleted the values for the two lines and still nada. When I open an image in a new browser window the address is that of the non secure server. Should the base href of a secure page be the secure server address in the html source or the non secure address?

lildog

If you have removed all of the code except that for the login page and it still fails, then there is etiher something on that page (unlikely) or your server handles the ssl differently. Take a look at this thread.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I removed all code and pics from login.php and it worked. But add anything back in and it fails. Thanks for your help Jack. Will check out the thread and hopefully put this problem to rest and move on.

lildog

THANK YOU JACK FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND HELP! I made several changes so I am not sure which one fixed it. But it works now. For future reference, if you are having SSL problems consult the thread Jack mentioned in the previous post.

lildog

Archived