• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

TinyMCE Wysiwyg Editor V2.0.8 for osCommerce 2.2ms2

xXDesertRoseXx

Hi Everyone

I downloaded the contribution posted by Sputnik77 and installed it and found the installation instructions very easy but I did however find that certain features like the tables and the text color picker etc - everything that would pop up - was not working - well not working for me at any rate, so I went to the Moxiecode website and discoverd that a new version had been released.

I downloaded the new version, (it has 27 plugins which can be used as opposed to the one available in the contributions section which has less) which also comes with great documentation and discovered that the Java script which has to be inserted into the <head></head> section of the admin/categories.php file has to be configured correctly for it to work properly. Features can be enabled or disabled, the layout can be changed, oen can choose from an advanced layout to a simple layout - handy if you want to use certain layouts with certain forms etc.

So after a whole lot of hard work and seeking solutions to problems that I was experiancing, I now finally have the tincymce working on my site.

BUT

I am however experincing one small problem still.

My site at the moment has no errors throughout. After I have added a product using the tinymce and I view the product description in the front end I find that I have 2 stray closing tags ' "/> ' situated right at the left top corner of the page. If I delete the product its disappears. To me it seems obvious that it has somehting to do with the tinymce. I just have not been able to find out where the problem is lying. Hopefully someone else will and will post here in the foums or at the contribution secion.

So for ayone who would like to try again with the TinyMCE again download version 2.0.8 and install it keeping the same directory structure. Remember to remove the documentation files as they are not needed on your web server.

Here is the java script I am using which has to be placed between the <head></head> section of the admin/categories.php page - you can also add it to the mail.php and newsletters.php page.

Spending some time and reading all the documentation is well worth it.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_ADMIN; ?>tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
tinyMCE.init({
mode : "textareas",
theme : "advanced",
plugins : "table,save,autosave,autosave,cleanup,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell
,insertdatetime,preview,zoom,flash,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,directionality
,inlinepopups,media,nonbreaking,visualchars,devkit,paste,noneditable,layer,fullpa
ge,fullscreen,",
theme_advanced_buttons1_add_before : "save,separator,",
theme_advanced_buttons1_add : "fontselect,fontsizeselect",
theme_advanced_buttons2_add : "separator,insertdate,inserttime,preview,zoom,separator,forecolor,backcolor",
theme_advanced_buttons2_add_before: "cut,copy,paste,separator,search,replace,separator",
theme_advanced_buttons3_add_before : "tablecontrols,separator",
theme_advanced_buttons3_add : "emotions,iespell,flash,advhr,separator,print,ltr,rtl",
theme_advanced_buttons4_add_before : "visualchars,nonbreaking,devkit,separator,layer,fullpage,fullscreen",
table_styles : "Header 1=header1;Header 2=header2;Header 3=header3",
table_cell_styles : "Header 1=header1;Header 2=header2;Header 3=header3;Table Cell=tableCel1",
table_row_styles : "Header 1=header1;Header 2=header2;Header 3=header3;Table Row=tableRow1",
table_cell_limit : 100,  // these can be changed to suit you
table_row_limit : 5,  // these can be changed to suit you
table_col_limit : 5,  // these can be changed to suit you
theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top", // these can be changed to suit you
theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
theme_advanced_path_location : "bottom",
plugin_insertdate_dateFormat : "%Y-%m-%d",
plugin_insertdate_timeFormat : "%H:%M:%S",
extended_valid_elements : "a[name|href|target|title|onclick],img[class|src|border=0|alt|title|hspace|vspace|width|height|align|onmouseover|on
mouseout|name],hr[class|width|size|noshade],font[face|size|color|style],span[class|align|style]",
external_link_list_url : "example_data/example_link_list.js",
external_image_list_url : "example_data/example_image_list.js",
flash_external_list_url : "example_data/example_flash_list.js"
});
</script>

I may come accross some improvements to this but for the time being this is what I am using. I may also try placing the script in a seperate file and calling for it.

With regards to the little problem I'm, experiancing - if someone finds what the problems is please let us all know.

Happy New Year to all.

Rose

Rose

The strong survive BUT the best succeed !!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax