• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Only google checkout?

pensacol

Why do people hate being wrong that they have to stoop to immaturity?

i don't think it's off topic, what's more, i think it's more accurate than not

What does this have to do with GC?

Here's a word of Advice Mr. John Francis. It's not wise just your 3rd post in establishing yourself as a troll then expect to ask for help in the future.

Kids, I swear..... :rolleyes:

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you haven't already, everyone please read Google's Checkout Program and Policies:

http://checkout.google.com/seller/policies.html

From my understanding you can use multiple checkout processes, but you better make darn sure that your existing checkout process is "separate" from Google Checkout. They specifically suggest to use the phrase 'Or Use' between your checkout button and Google checkout button.

I hope this helps someone.

When I clicked on the OSCommerce logo on Google's 'How to Integrate' page. It led me to this contribution in the OSCommerce Community: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4556.

This must be official if Google linked to it. Not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone. Has anyone tried this contrib? I'll give it a test drive to see how it well it works.

When I clicked on the OSCommerce logo on Google's 'How to Integrate' page. It led me to this contribution in the OSCommerce Community: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4556.

This must be official if Google linked to it. Not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone. Has anyone tried this contrib? I'll give it a test drive to see how it well it works.

This is the buggy full contribution which Google had a hand in and then more or less left us to sort out. Much of the 'discussion' in this thread has been about the simpler IPN contribution which works similar to Paypal.

Yes the "Official" GC Modular is full of bugs and if you have a store that is full contributions then it is very difficult to get this to work. If you are able to just upload the files without having to edit any files then it works as advertised.

If you don't need GC right now and can get away without using it, then don't. I would wait for a more stable code to come out, whenever that might be.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Perhaps Google should send out a little FAQ of sorts to those who have created Google merchant accounts. There's simply way too much documentation online to sort thru. For example, I didn't know this until I looked at the link Discxpress provided.

Ship orders before charging the buyer's credit card

You may not attempt to charge the buyer's credit card until you have shipped the order.

Whoops! Haven't been doing that...can't say I care too much for that, either.

As for IPN users, this is for you, I expect:

You must separate the Google Checkout flow from your existing checkout process. If buyers initiate your existing checkout process, they must not see a Google Checkout or Buy Now button

So...I'm thinking...it's against the rules to see a 'button' but...what about plain old text on checkout_payment.php which could take them to GC? I mean, there are no buttons per se on my checkout_payment.php page regarding PayPal or other methods. Just...text. Tick a radio button and select the one you want you to use, you know?

Then, I see this requirement and I'm laughing as I don't believe Google Checkout has integrated this at all...unless they're monkeying with it in the newest version.

Ability to enter coupon codes must be available to buyers after initiating checkout through Google Checkout

If you accept coupons on your website in any way, you must allow buyers to provide coupon code information in the Google Checkout checkout process.

Sorry, but I don't see any way for buyers to enter Discount Coupon codes in my GC...and I do use Credit Class/Gift Voucher 5.10. How is this done? I can see it being done using the IPN module as the customer applies the coupon code during normal checkout prior to selecting Google Checkout when they hit the checkout_payment page, but...how is that done if they just fill the cart and click on the GC button?

Guess I should ask the IPN module users...are your discount coupon codes being applied correctly when the customer decides to go with Google Checkout at the end? Is Google picking them up?

Ok I'm beginning to see things clearer now. The official contribution may be one of those in which is best on a clean install or slightly modified and then install other contribs around it. Basically, it seems Google wants to be your only checkout but they don't don't say it outright. I may be incorrect, but the contrib may be designed to 'box out' in order to cause trouble with other payment modules hoping you would choose Google Checkout over other options. An usual technique for a company that size. After some development, a merchant should be able to install Google Checkout at any stage. I can almost gaurantee that when Google starts charging for processing fees, it will be a great contribution.

Just drawing my own conclusion.

As for IPN users, this is for you, I expect:

So...I'm thinking...it's against the rules to see a 'button' but...what about plain old text on checkout_payment.php which could take them to GC? I mean, there are no buttons per se on my checkout_payment.php page regarding PayPal or other methods. Just...text. Tick a radio button and select the one you want you to use, you know?

In case you aren't aware you cannot have a functional store by going with module 4556. Plus the google official representative have broke the osC rules back in Sep 2006. Something that once again was ignored when mentioned earlier and was manipulated by lies and misinformation.

Contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4556

goes against the osC rules because it provides support outside osC.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229637

The very first post says it all.

Perhaps you never bothered to read the forum rules. Here is a link it may help:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=boardrules

Hmmmm I wonder why, that's lame As YOU Quoted "If you have a problem with a solution or service osCommerce does not provide, please refer to the relevant support of the solution or service provider involved."

That's right and that goes outside the osc forum. So advertising external support inside the osC forum goes against the rules. Is that hard to comprehend?

So far you have failed to provide any technical information or solutions to the problem the original posted asked. And given that you insist on integrating something that's impossible, indicates lack of understanding how the osc framework works.

Less time complaining more time studying osc will certainly help.

To further explain myself, we must all remember who Google has to compete with, the 'King of the Hill' (Paypal). So they're approach to this payment processing market has to be aggressive or they won't be able to compete. They're trying to introduce Google Checkout to as many merchants as possible before the 2008 deadline. Hoping we would like it. Google is not only competing for business and market share, but also for popularity. In order to have a fighting chance, they must sort of 'force merchants to focus on Google Checkout only'. If you look at Google's reputation and track record, they shouldn't have a problem finding their 'niche'. They have made alot of people happy and not to mention wealthy.

I'm willing to wait for a breakthrough with the Official module. I'm looking at the big picture. Google Checkout IPN may be a great contrib. It seems simple. I won't knock anyone for using it, especially if it works and has less bugs. Walmart and Microsoft get away with this approach to business often. Either you accept their deal or it's no deal at all.

It would be great if a developer from OSC team up with a developer from Google to work out bugs in the official module. Then the developer from OSC could start a support thread for our aid. We are worth that, aren't we? I think it would get development from A to Z faster. We could express our problems in the support thread and the OSC developer relay problems back to Google developer. Better yet have Google developer participate in our forum, if Google will allow it. I'm sure there's someone in the OSC community worthy of that.

Just an idea.

enigma1,

What the hell are you talking about? I don't think you know, sounds like you keep grabbing for straws for something to argue and back peddle on. Your statements are fallacy and are unrelated to to anything that has to do with the IPN module being against GC. You sound like a little kid who is crying to is momma. "Oh yea well if the IPN module breaks GC guidelines, then the Official GC module breaks OSC guidelines". Like I said, grabbing straws because you can't defend the fact that the IPN module is against GC terms. It says it in the installation files of the IPN, GC has said it, and numerous other people have said it, you just fail to accept it.

goes against the osC rules because it provides support outside osC.

If this is the case don't you think OSC would have deleted it edited it? Why haven't they? Because they haven't broke any rules because as you kindly pointed out from the OSC guidelines.....

If you have a problem with a solution or service osCommerce does not provide, please refer to the relevant support of the solution or service provider involved.

Sounds like to me that is completely within terms of OSC if you ask me.

So advertising external support inside the osC forum goes against the rules

Then why hasn't it been deleted then?

So far you have failed to provide any technical information or solutions to the problem the original posted asked.

Really??? Go read my first post to this thread where I attempted to help the original poster. While you're at it see the next post I made that you seem to disagree with that everyone has said is true. So there you go making statements without anything to support them.

And given that you insist on integrating something that's impossible, indicates lack of understanding how the osc framework works.

I don't insist on integrating anything, I know it doesn't work with highly modified stores. Therefore I just won't use it. Unlike you though I am not going to take the lazy, cheap way out. Besides if you are such the OSC GURU then why do you implie your OSC coding expertise and fix it instead of talking out your ass. Actions speak louder then words, if you are going to claim you know the Framework better then everyone else you should have no problem being able to integrate this into the OSC framework.

Since you seem to be avoiding the question AGAIN.....

Yes or No, Has it not been proved a fact that is it against GC Guidelines to use the IPN module?

How hard is it to answer Yes or No? Why can't you just answer Yes or No? I don't need any BS reasoning.

Just answer Yes or No

So...

Is it ok to have Google Checkout appear in the checkout_payment.php if it's written in text and still so long as the Google Checkout picture still shows in the Shopping Cart?

It can be no where in the checkout_process. It can only be where there is a checkout button from what I understand. It can not be offered with any other payment method. So no it can not be on the checkout_payment.php

I am working on a solution that adds a Google checkout button to a shopping cart infobox. It would make it more noticeable that you use Google checkout. Nice thing about it is the button disappears once you enter the checkout process or on the shopping cart page because the button already exist on those pages per request of Google.

I am working on a solution that adds a Google checkout button to a shopping cart infobox. It would make it more noticeable that you use Google checkout. Nice thing about it is the button disappears once you enter the checkout process or on the shopping cart page because the button already exist on those pages per request of Google.

You are such an arrogant Google monitor! It's become humorous at this point. You come in here after some moments of exposure, by comparison, to all this, and bully about your tremendous knowledge of Google Checkout policies, with little to no knowledge of oscommerce - and you haven't a clue of how to use the two together.

You focus your un-wanted, un-needed, not usefull, and ugly in nature attention on a person who has very generously donated time and experience to this community with his many working and useful contributions, when you have added absolutely nothing to the community but this bullying, trivial nonsense of yours.

And then, to boot, now you talk of what you are working on, which has been long ago done already. In fact almost all of the problems you are having with the Google Checkout have resolutions available. Maybe if you spent a little more time looking for them instead of spewing your Google nonsense here, you might have resolved at least some of your own Google Checkout issues by now.

But for your arrogance, way abrasive, rude, and completely obnoxious behavior here you would have likely already received the help you're looking for, never mind talking about what you're working on! And you silly fool, probably all that you are looking to resolve with this Google Checkout, even I would have, and could have, helped you with. You really, really truly, don't have a clue.

and bully about your tremendous knowledge of Google Checkout policies, with little to no knowledge of oscommerce - and you haven't a clue of how to use the two together.

Even morons like you can read and would be able to understand the Google Policies. You don't know my knowledge of OSC so that statement is Fallacy and really has nothing to do with GC Besides I never claimed to be a OSC Guru like others here.

You focus your un-wanted, un-needed, not usefull, and ugly in nature attention on a person who has very generously donated time and experience to this community

So because he has been here longer that means he can't be WRONG? Not to mention this goes beyond this thread. He has been nothing but sarcastic, arrogant and very demeaning to me. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to talk shit unless you know all the facts which you apparently don't. You are basing your judgment on the fact of seniority. Let me fill you in a secret, I have been here since 03, just under another nic and I might not know much and never claimed to, but I try to help when I can. So just because you think of him as a God of some sort doesn't automatically gain him respect. Which you obviously lack as well.

when you have added absolutely nothing to the community but this bullying, trivial nonsense of yours

Ah did I hurt someones feelings, do you need your diaper changed? You think you are better then me but what are you doing with this reply to a thread. I asked a simple question he couldn't answer. So because I made your hero a zero you get all defensive.

But for your arrogance, way abrasive, rude, and completely obnoxious behavior here you would have likely already received the help you're looking for,

I never was asking for help in here JACKASS!!!! How bout reading the start of this thread retard and then tell me I wasn't demeaned with arrogance, abrasive, rude comment. I didn't ask for you help and I don't need your help or his help for that matter and could careless if you ever offer me any help. Their are plenty of people who thinks he is an arrogant asshole anyways so who gives a shit what you think.

And then, to boot, now you talk of what you are working on, which has been long ago done already

Oh mighty knowledgeable one, please show me where this is?

Maybe if you spent a little more time looking for them instead of spewing your Google nonsense here

Maybe if you spent a little more time reading and getting the full story about something you wouldn't be looking like an idiot for defending someone who initially attacked me for stating a fact. Good job there square!!!

Not to mention you would have noticed I already know GC doesn't work. I have expressed this MANY, MANY, MANY times.

So let me ask you.....

Yes or No, Has it not been proved a fact that is it against GC Guidelines to use the IPN module?

How hard is it to answer Yes or No? Why can't you just answer Yes or No? I don't need any BS reasoning.

Just answer Yes or No

When is it eough for you? You have given nothing important to these forums. You have no resrpect and no class.

Their are plenty of people who thinks he is an arrogant asshole anyways so who gives a shit what you think.

Two points on this

1) Prove it. Mark has given a hell of alot more than you could ever dream to. Nobody is perfect and nobody is right 100% of the time. I damn sure put stock into his opinons and help.

2)Learn how to spell. You have put down someone else on this thread saying they are stupid and the schools in the UK must not be good. Where did you go to school? You should go back.

You have also stated that you are a shop owner, not a coder. Fine go back to being a shop owner.

We neither have the time nor the respect you and your opinions. So do us all a favor and keep them to yourself.

Learn how to spell

How weak, their is a difference in a person having a typo and then just plain lacking in common sense. You are defending a guy based on his seniority and what he has given back regardless whether he is wrong or not. Wow, I have heard it all now. So because is has given back more his opinions and points are more valid? That's a little shallow don't you think. Just ebcause you might think highly of this guy, I don't and I have my reason, just like you have your reason to think they way you do about me.

Wow defending a guy even when he is wrong, Why did you reply?

So let me ask you.....

Just answer Yes or No

We neither have the time nor the respect you and your opinions.

You obviously have the time to reply to this thread, so what does that say about you?

Prove it

Prove what?

Mark has given a hell of alot more than you could ever dream to

So that makes everything he says gold and vaild?

BTW Teacher, a lot isn't one word. Might wanna check your own shit before you try to say anything about anyone else.

First off, who cares about the GC Checkout in this thread anymore? You have made that a mute point.

LOL. You still can’t spell.

Their is a difference in a person

That is not a typo.

Now why would I defend people even if they are wrong?

Simple, They have EARNED MY RESPECT. This does not mean that I may agree with everything they say.

Prove what?

You say there (spelled correctly) are plenty of people who thinks he is an arrogant asshole anyways so who gives a shit what you think? Prove it, or can’t you understand the question? You are the one who is so gung ho on telling everyone else to prove what the say, now I want you to prove what you say.

Now let me understand your argument to me. Are you saying that you will ONLY defend those who are right? How do your family and friends feel about that?

That is weak and shallow.

There (spelled correctly) are plenty of people out here like Mark. People who have given their (spelled correctly) time, knowledge, and help freely and graciously. So yes, his and their (spelled correctly) opinions are gold and valid.

Like I said, nobody is perfect or always right. Earning ones is what validates you.

Truth

You have no respect and no class.

Now I dare you to prove me wrong.

You need to learn the difference between spelling and grammar. You misused the word "There". Get a clue. What are you trying to prove. You are saying I have no class and no respect but yet you don't even know what you are defending and why are you even replying anyway and stooping to my level it is classless?

Are you saying that you will ONLY defend those who are right? How do your family and friends feel about that?

Yep that's right, its called morals which you seem to lack. So would you defend someone who killed someone? Why am I going to fight or defend something that is wrong and look like and idiot like you are doing. That is just plain stupid.

You have no respect and no class.

Now I dare you to prove me wrong.

No unless you read every thread in this forum you really have no business even putting your comments into this. This sorry piece of shit has put me down and demeaned me many, many times and you are defending him for what? Because he has helped you in the past. So because you THINK he has been here longer what ever he says is right. You are only trying to look good in fear that no one will help you. Just like everyone else who has wrote me saying thank you, they are afraid to say anything in fear of not getting help. So unless you know everything I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself.

If you want respect you have to earn it and this sorry mother fucker has done nothing but disrespect me and others in the past with his arrogance. So before you start defending the so called "God" then maybe you should see what you are defending. I am not going to take shit off anyone, I don't care who the fuck you are.

Another thing you stupid fuck......

You keep calming I misspelled Their, but look again dumb ass. It' spelled correctly and exactly like I spelled it.

So once again....

Just answer Yes or No

Even morons like you can read and would be able to understand the Google Policies.

I understand the Google policies, and have no problem with them, and have no problem either with not giving them the attention you seem to need to. What I find so annoying here is your need to impose your views on everyone else... over, and over, and over again, and again, and again, again. With no apparent purpose other than to agitate.

You don't know my knowledge of OSC so that statement is Fallacy and really has nothing to do with GC

What I do know is that here and now, you have not contributed anything but a bunch of bullying nonsense.

So because he has been here longer that means he can't be WRONG? Not to mention this goes beyond this thread.

Nothing to do with he, or anyone else being here longer, or for that matter, being right or wrong about anything. My reaction to you has to do with you... not anyone else. You have displayed a nasty, bullying heart here. Ugliness to the extreme.

He has been nothing but sarcastic, arrogant and very demeaning to me.

I can’t imagine why!

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to talk shit unless you know all the facts which you apparently don't. You are basing your judgment on the fact of seniority.

Not seniority... usefulness, participation, and consideration (many useful contributions).

Let me fill you in a secret, I have been here since 03, just under another nic and I might not know much and never claimed to, but I try to help when I can.

Hell of a secret! Thanks for sharing it! On a less sarcastic note, that you help when you can, is redeeming some.

So just because you think of him as a God of some sort doesn't automatically gain him respect. Which you obviously lack as well.

I don't even know the guy. As it turns out I do use one of his contributions, but I didn't even know it until coming across this thread. "Respect is as respect does."

You think you are better then me

I don't think I am better than you or anyone else. I just don't like your manner here. It's really that simple. You're leaving a foul smell, so to speak, in your wake.

So because I made your hero a zero you get all defensive.

Maybe, in part, thanks to you I'll get to know him. I'd like to get to know him. Anyone who takes the time to share his work here as he has, I've got plenty of time for!

I never was asking for help in here JACKASS!!!!

I was referring to your Google Checkout posts... also a pleasant experience to read of... but at least there, I can understand your manner as that forum is a quite frustrating experience for anyone.

How bout reading the start of this thread retard

Mentally challenged, if you don't mind.

I didn't ask for you help and I don't need your help or his help for that matter and could careless if you ever offer me any help.

Didn't suggest that you had, and good to know that you won't.

Oh mighty knowledgeable one, please show me where this is?

A not quite finished working demo of most, if not all that you appear to be looking to implement, and then some: distinctivediscounts.com

Maybe if you spent a little more time reading and getting the full story about something you wouldn't be looking like an idiot for defending someone who initially attacked me for stating a fact. Good job there square!!!

I probably am a little on the square-ish side... but that's about as accurate as you've gotten here.

Not to mention you would have noticed I already know GC doesn't work. I have expressed this MANY, MANY, MANY times.

As designed, it works fine for me. I just don't like the design.

So let me ask you.....

Just answer Yes or No

I could care less.

What I find so annoying here is your need to impose your views on everyone else

Kind of like what you are doing?

What I do know is that here and now, you have not contributed anything but a bunch of bullying nonsense.

You are basing this off what, one thread? Do you actually read EVER thread posted here?

Nothing to do with he, or anyone else being here longer, or for that matter, being right or wrong about anything. My reaction to you has to do with you... not anyone else. You have displayed a nasty, bullying heart here. Ugliness to the extreme.

You are DAMN RIGHT, and it is very warranted, so what's your point?

I can’t imagine why!

You wanna know why, this goes back several years NOT just this thread. Maybe you should if you read more of is work you would probably see how he is sarcastic and arrogant to others. For the same reason you are talking shit to me, I am doing the same to him. So what do you think you plan to accomplish here?

Kind of doing this same thing are you?

Not seniority... usefulness, participation, and consideration (many useful contributions).

So that makes everything he says warranted? Like I said, these goes way back, you have talking shit without knowing what you are talking shit about.

I don't think I am better than you or anyone else. I just don't like your manner here. It's really that simple. You're leaving a foul smell, so to speak, in your wake.

So when I get up to 8,000 + post then i can stand up for myself against some shit for brains asshole? That makes A LOT of sense thanks!

Once again you are basing this off what exactly?

Mentally challenged, if you don't mind.

At least you are honest and explains the reasons behind your pointless remarks.

See you wonder why I am so hateful, it's because of shit for brains like you that want to talk shit for no apparent reason and don't even know why they are arguing. Say on thing one minute then back peddler the next. Get your shit straight.

In a previous post you said....

even I would have, and could have, helped you with.

So in response to that I said....

I didn't ask for you help and I don't need your help or his help for that matter and could careless if you ever offer me any help.

Then your stupid ass not even know what you posted before just thought you would run you smart ass mouth said....

Didn't suggest that you had, and good to know that you won't.

Archived