• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Blue Template

toyicebear

Hi everywhere,

I have installed the pink template which is just brilliant! thanks so much!

but how can i change the font in the items description?

actually I read some posts in here, so I changed all codes in the stylesheet but it still shows the same font when seeing a product... can somebody help me?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everywhere,

I have installed the pink template which is just brilliant! thanks so much!

but how can i change the font in the items description?

actually I read some posts in here, so I changed all codes in the stylesheet but it still shows the same font when seeing a product... can somebody help me?

Change this line in product_info.php

<p><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></p>

to

<p class="main"><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></p>

Hello thanks for your contribution!

it's great!

but is there a way to add the banner function back to the shop?

Thanks in advance..

Steph

You can add back the banner code in includes/footer.php

Many thanks for the nice contrib. I have a small issue with my right column, but only when using Thai language and only in the Mozilla Firefox browser. When I use MS Explorer, there does not seem to be a problem. For any other language, there is not problem in any of the two browsers I use.

Basic blue with Thai language in Firefox, right column out of sync:

Basic-blue-in-firefox.jpg

Basic blue with Thai language in Explorer, no problem:

Basic-blue-in-internet-expl.jpg

The Thai language pack might not be fully RC1 compliant, but I have tried to replace any missing files with English language files.

Many thanks for the nice contrib. I have a small issue with my right column, but only when using Thai language and only in the Mozilla Firefox browser. When I use MS Explorer, there does not seem to be a problem. For any other language, there is not problem in any of the two browsers I use.

Basic blue with Thai language in Firefox, right column out of sync:

Basic-blue-in-firefox.jpg

Basic blue with Thai language in Explorer, no problem:

Basic-blue-in-internet-expl.jpg

The Thai language pack might not be fully RC1 compliant, but I have tried to replace any missing files with English language files.

Remove/replace the text defines for the middle of the front page...then see what happens...

they are in this file: includes/languages/thai/index.php

Edited by toyicebear

Toyicebear: Would the Basic blue template work well together with the Define mainpage 1.3.3 contrib? On an RC1 install.

I feel I am beginning to stretch my luck but would like to install the mainpage contrib for the blue template to work with FCK Editor. I thought maybe others might be interested as well.

Toyicebear: Would the Basic blue template work well together with the Define mainpage 1.3.3 contrib? On an RC1 install.

I feel I am beginning to stretch my luck but would like to install the mainpage contrib for the blue template to work with FCK Editor. I thought maybe others might be interested as well.

They are easy to get to work together...

Just follow the manual install instructions for the Define mainpage contrib.....

Yes, Define Mainpage 1.3.3 works well with the Basic Blue Template. No problem in getting it to work with FCK Editor 2.5 beta either which I have installed for product descriptions. Simple install. I'll post the instructions here later for anyone interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, for these two contribs - just follow installation instructions:

FCK Editor 2.5 Beta for RC1

Define mainpage v 1.3.3 for MS2 (July 2003)

Then, find this line of code in admin/define_mainpage.php:

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('file_contents', 'soft', '80', '20', $file_contents, (($file_writeable) ? '' : 'readonly')); ?></td>

Change into:

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_fckeditor('file_contents', '600', '400', $file_contents, (($file_writeable) ? '' : 'readonly')); ?></td>

...where '600' is the width and '400' is the height in pixels of the field in admin where you enter your stuff for the main page, you can change it into the size you prefer.

I have also installed this infobox admin contribution and use the same type of adjustment to make it work with FCK Editor 2.5 Beta for RC1.

Hi All,

I have troubles changing the width of infoboxes. :( If I change the line in application_top.php

define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

to any other number than 125, all I get is a blank page in Firefox. In IE, I get an HTTP 500 int server error. I tried to set the width both as 140 and as '140', but neither worked.

If I have it back at 125, it works nicely.

Any ideas what's wrong? I have an almost clean install, only some payment and shipping modules added, they should not interfere (I hope).

Another issue: the product_info.php included does not work for me for some reason... Can't figure that out either. It seems the right column's contents are inside the frame of the product information...

Thanks for the help in advance!

Hi All,

I have troubles changing the width of infoboxes. :( If I change the line in application_top.php

define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

to any other number than 125, all I get is a blank page in Firefox. In IE, I get an HTTP 500 int server error. I tried to set the width both as 140 and as '140', but neither worked.

If I have it back at 125, it works nicely.

Any ideas what's wrong? I have an almost clean install, only some payment and shipping modules added, they should not interfere (I hope).

Another issue: the product_info.php included does not work for me for some reason... Can't figure that out either. It seems the right column's contents are inside the frame of the product information...

Thanks for the help in advance!

Do not use the filemanager in the oscommerce admin to do file edits...

Use the filemanager in your hosting control panel or download and modify the files in a text editor on your local pc.

Do not use the filemanager in the oscommerce admin to do file edits...

Use the filemanager in your hosting control panel or download and modify the files in a text editor on your local pc.

I did not. I have edited the file with WordPad on my PC and uploaded it by draggin it over from one explorer window to another (that is no ftp program)... Hmmm. Next tip?

(Thanks a million for the fast reply, btw. Much appreciated :thumbsup: !)

Huhh, I think I might have found the source of the problem... I kept the original application_top.php but remaned it application_top_original.php (kind of backup) and then uploaded the new application_top.php file with the altered width. And it did not work, I got a blank page as explained above. But, if I delete the original file, or just simply overwrite it with the new one, it works. So problems solved, from now on I keep my backups downloaded on my PC and not in the same place renamed. Lesson learned. Thanks again for the quick reply! You're great!

Edited by Irishman

Please take a look at my site after I installed your template:

http://motionebooks.insanegb.com

How can I fix this?

try to re-upload and re-install the template files and folders again.

Did this. Nothing changed.

Then revert back to your original backup and the default oscommerce design...

Make sure that is working correctly first, then you can try the template again....

• 4 weeks later...
When I select a category, theres an image missing for the lets see what we have here icon.

Thanks

Those are your category images, if you have not added an image for that particular category then no image will show...