• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Blue Template

toyicebear

Hei, i just installed the pink-skin and i have a little problem.

Iam not very good to english.

What is your problem?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as you can see on the pic. somthing is missing on the right and left site.

just upload the pack overwriting the files in your shop again...

It looks like its just some defines in stylesheet.css which is missing or not set correctly....

The box border colors are usually set in stylesheet.css under:

.infoBox {

background: #b6b7cb;

}

Edited by toyicebear

my stylesheet.css:

.infoBox {

background: #940045;

}

.infoBoxContents {

background: #FEF7FB;

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

}

.infoBoxNotice {

background: #FF8E90;

}

.infoBoxNoticeContents {

background: #FFE6E6;

}

TD.infoBoxHeading {

font-weight: bold;

background-image: url("images/box_header.gif");

color: #ffffff;

}

TD.infoBox, SPAN.infoBox {

}

Do it look correct, or?

my stylesheet.css:

.infoBox {

}

Looks ok...

funny problem i have. hehe :blink:

Your problem is that you have added basic design pack or the infobox customizer prior to adding the basic blue template.

This means that you need to add stylesheet defines for all the boxes individually.

You can compare the stylesheet.css file from the basic blue template with the stylesheet.css file from the basic design pack to find them all.

Edited by toyicebear

I've looked through this thread and it seems I'm the only one having this problem.

The images on the theme are not showing correctly, is there maybe an error in my OSCommerce install? I have checked the URL's to the images and they ARE correct...?

Only seems to be the Continue/Add to Cart/Checkout buttons.

http://www.ticklesticks.co.uk/login.php

Hi all

I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm having the same issue as the quote above, I followed their solution and renamed my .htaccess file but since doing that instead of getting an internal server error, I am now getting a 403 Forbidden when I try to view the images on thier own. All the images are located in the correct folder. My site is located at: http://store.subliminaldirections.org.uk

Any advice or solutions will be greatly appreciatted

Thanks - J

Hi all

I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm having the same issue as the quote above, I followed their solution and renamed my .htaccess file but since doing that instead of getting an internal server error, I am now getting a 403 Forbidden when I try to view the images on thier own. All the images are located in the correct folder. My site is located at: http://store.subliminaldirections.org.uk

Any advice or solutions will be greatly appreciatted

Thanks - J

If the button images are in the correct folder....and you still get this message..contact your hosting company and they should be able to help you out...

Hi, Can I change the colour of this template? I.e change the settings in the style sheet. I want a slightly different shade of blue?

Yes you can change the colors in stylesheet.css

But remember to change the gradient background image too, to a new one matching your new colors

Edited by toyicebear

Cheers toyicebear for the advice, I've contacted my webhost and am now awaiting a reply, I'll let the board know the final solution or the cause of the problems.

Thanks again

Hi All

Still got the same problem with images not viewing. I contacted my webhost and recieved this reply: Unfortunately we are not able to help our customers with web design as this is beyond the realm of the service we provide. We suggest searching on Google for some help sites, we would recommend starting at: www.htmlhelp.com and www.w3c.org.

None of the sites were any use to my particular prob. I'm wondering if the images folder needs to be chmod? Any help, suggestions always welcome :-)

Kind Regards - James

Hi..they should be able to help you since this in all probability is a permission/cmod or .htaccess related problem.

Well I finally sorted the problem and I'll post the solution in case anyone else has the same troubles:

First of all I deleted the .HTACCESS file which had no effect so I'll replace this asap.

The folder in includes/languages/english/images/buttons (checkout buttons etc.) needed chmod before displaying correctly so through your FTP software set the permissions to: Owner - Read, Write, Execute and do the same for Other - Read, Write, Execute

This has worked on my site so it might be a solution for others having the same problem :-)

Hi..they should be able to help you since this in all probability is a permission/cmod or .htaccess related problem.

I reckoned they should have provided some help as I had uploaded everything correctly and the problem did to be the server set-up, however I must have explained the problem badly or they just washed their hands and chucked the ball back in my court. Never mind I did manage to fix the problem using this site and http://forums.htmlhelp.com, so it only took 1 day to fix lol. Thanks again for the help and advice toyicebear :-)

It caused by the 3 images of the template on the left side in includes/header.php

if you wish to use a wide header graphic as an image like you have done you need to first remove them and the <td> they are in...

Hey, thanks for the help,

I'm still having trouble though, i had fixed the width of the header to 900 and want to make the box's move the the left/right respectively. Please could you tell me where and what code to alter! This would be a tremendous help!

Thanks

Adam

Hey, thanks for the help,

I'm still having trouble though, i had fixed the width of the header to 900 and want to make the box's move the the left/right respectively. Please could you tell me where and what code to alter! This would be a tremendous help!

Thanks

Adam

Read this Basic design info to better understand where and how do changes to the design

This is going to be a bit confusing, well at least for me.

I have recently incorporated the More_Pics contribution that recommends uploading the new product_info.php file.

I dont want to do this as the product_info.php is from this template and much prefer it compared to the old one (great work toyicebear)

I've downloaded a program called 'Beyond Compare' and looked through both files and they seem to be almost completely different.

I'm not great a understanding PHP because it seems to leave broken HTML tags everywhere (although they are repaired in other files).

If you can give me some idea as to what needs editing I'd appreciate it.

I'm gonna but my head into this again right now and I may work it out, but help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

This is going to be a bit confusing, well at least for me.

I have recently incorporated the More_Pics contribution that recommends uploading the new product_info.php file.

I dont want to do this as the product_info.php is from this template and much prefer it compared to the old one (great work toyicebear)

I've downloaded a program called 'Beyond Compare' and looked through both files and they seem to be almost completely different.

I'm not great a understanding PHP because it seems to leave broken HTML tags everywhere (although they are repaired in other files).

If you can give me some idea as to what needs editing I'd appreciate it.

I'm gonna but my head into this again right now and I may work it out, but help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

First check the mopics pack and see if it has manual instructions inside it, if so..follow them...

if not try some more with beyond compare...

alternatively check against an unmodified product_info file and extract out the changes and then implement them over in the "template" product_info file

First check the mopics pack and see if it has manual instructions inside it, if so..follow them...

if not try some more with beyond compare...

alternatively check against an unmodified product_info file and extract out the changes and then implement them over in the "template" product_info file

Mopics just says to use a file compare program, which as said been trying.

The Mopics product_info.php has loads of new lines and Beyond Compare doesnt seem to line them up right (or I'm using it wrong) and I'm not sure how to 'insert' those lines rather than overight content that should be there.

I looked at the unmodified product_info.php and that still confuses me against the 'Template' one. The reason is mainly because of tables and there structure, I'm not too good with tables, especially when 2 rows have a merged column. It confuses the feck out of me.

The best I got was removing the preview thumbnail completely, tried to insert the Mopics 'edits' but it didnt work. :(

Been trying to get this right for the best part of 8 hours and am now very much on the verge of giving up, which is a shame. :(

Hi there,

When I installed the blue theme to ***** I get the following message:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

The message disappears after application_top.php file has been reverted to the original one (all over files remaining the same).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mark.

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Hi there,

When I installed the blue theme to ******** I get the following message:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

The message disappears after application_top.php file has been reverted to the original one (all over files remaining the same).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mark

You can compare the 2 files and add the needed changes manually.

Edited by Jan Zonjee