• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Blue Template

toyicebear

I have installed this template. It's nice. One question though is there any way to stretch the left and right borders. As I have huge borders down the left and right of the screen which looks a bit odd at 1600 x 1200

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have installed this template. It's nice. One question though is there any way to stretch the left and right borders. As I have huge borders down the left and right of the screen which looks a bit odd at 1600 x 1200

The template is a fixed width template , but you can change the width in stylesheet.css

I love the Layout, but now that i have an "Add to cart" button at the top of the page, no one notices the attributes located at the bottom of the pages.

Is there a way to add the attributes to the box above the "add to cart" button? (and if so, remove it from the bottom if possible)

111000.JPG

Thanks in advance ^^

Edited by illori

• 1 month later...
I love the Layout, but now that i have an "Add to cart" button at the top of the page, no one notices the attributes located at the bottom of the pages.

Is there a way to add the attributes to the box above the "add to cart" button? (and if so, remove it from the bottom if possible)

Thanks in advance ^^

Yes you can easily edit the code in product_info.php to achive the new placment.

:sweating: :sweating: Need a little help here.

I have never uploaded any thing on to my website. It is live, so I need to be careful about what I do. I usually have a professional do this side of things but I'm getting a little tired of parting out the money.

So, where do I start to upload. I need a blow by blow of how I go about doing this. I know to do a back up in the admin area :thumbsup:

where do I go for uploading is it in the admin area (bit i do the online orders from) or where it is hosted with my hosting provider.(that bit I never touch)

At this point I have downloaded the Basic Blue file to my desk top. Yep that's how basic I am :rolleyes: I thought I was doing well to do that. I used the basic blue file however I didn't download the other two above that because I didn't know if I was meant to?

I will wait to hear what you have to say before we go further.

:sweating: :sweating: Need a little help here.

I have never uploaded any thing on to my website. It is live, so I need to be careful about what I do. I usually have a professional do this side of things but I'm getting a little tired of parting out the money.

So, where do I start to upload. I need a blow by blow of how I go about doing this. I know to do a back up in the admin area :thumbsup:

where do I go for uploading is it in the admin area (bit i do the online orders from) or where it is hosted with my hosting provider.(that bit I never touch)

At this point I have downloaded the Basic Blue file to my desk top. Yep that's how basic I am :rolleyes: I thought I was doing well to do that. I used the basic blue file however I didn't download the other two above that because I didn't know if I was meant to?

I will wait to hear what you have to say before we go further.

You use a ftp program to upload the files.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Many thanks for your template, just trying to make some new buttons and wondered what font you used so i can get mine just right.

Cheers

If i remember correctly the font is: Century Gothic

• 4 weeks later...
Is there a mapping to the stylesheet.css ? I see the pink-gradient.gif, but I cannot find how to change the color of the background that continues below it!

Thanks!

Its in the same style class, BODY , in the stylesheet.css file as background color.

• 3 weeks later...

HIya All,

I am installing the BBT and/or The BPT on my wifes site but get the following error

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/eoghan/public_html/betulsboutique/includes/boxes/whats_new.php on line 28

Thank god i did back up before hand and have returned it to it's basic plain self... but can someone advise why it's not working for me...

Ps. I think i may have a newer version of OSC how do i find out what version i have??

Ta

These templates are not tested on RC1 and there might be errors...

They work on previous versions of MS2.2

These templates are not tested on RC1 and there might be errors...

They work on previous versions of MS2.2

not sure what rc1 is....

My Cpanel says i am using OSC 2.2 MS2

Any help

RC1 is the latest version of osCommerce MS2.2.

You should check the file and mentioned line number where the error pop-s up:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/eoghan/public_html/betulsboutique/includes/boxes/whats_new.php on line 28

RC1 is the latest version of osCommerce MS2.2.

You should check the file and mentioned line number where the error pop-s up:

:huh: :blush: :blush:

My Stuff up.. has nothing to do with BBT or whats_new.php....

simply another contrib not installed properly

thanks for your help and contribution..

RC1 compatible versions have been added to the contributions section.

• 2 weeks later...

I've looked through this thread and it seems I'm the only one having this problem.

The images on the theme are not showing correctly, is there maybe an error in my OSCommerce install? I have checked the URL's to the images and they ARE correct...?

Only seems to be the Continue/Add to Cart/Checkout buttons.

http://www.ticklesticks.co.uk/login.php

Edited by DejaVu

I've looked through this thread and it seems I'm the only one having this problem.

The images on the theme are not showing correctly, is there maybe an error in my OSCommerce install? I have checked the URL's to the images and they ARE correct...?

Only seems to be the Continue/Add to Cart/Checkout buttons.

http://www.ticklesticks.co.uk/login.php

First check that this folder actually have the images inside it:

includes/languages/english/images/buttons/

If it does have images inside it check the permissions on the folder.

Something is obviously not correct, trying to access the button image directly like this:

http://www.ticklesticks.co.uk/includes/lan...on_continue.gif

Gives a 500 server error... (You might want to check with your hosting company about this one)

Edited by toyicebear

I got that problem sorted now. It was something to do with the HTACCESS file in the includes folder. I renamed it to txt.access and it works fine.

I do however have another problem more specific to your template I believe.

The font in my Product descriptions has defaulted to TimesRoman and looks completely out of place with the rest of the site.

I've opened product_info.php and found -

<p><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></p>

Would this need to have a stylesheet or class added to it somehow in order to keep the font the same? I'm probably barking up the wrong tree completely, but this is how my product info's are currently showing - http://www.ticklesticks.co.uk/product_info...;products_id=63

Alternatively, do I need to specify the font used in every product decription? OUCH!?

--EDIT--

Answered my own question. That's always a boost! :) Changed that line to -

<p class="main"><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></p>

Edited by DejaVu

Hey,

Ive implemented the Basic Blue design but i have a slight error with the gap between the columns, they are not directly next to the boxes,

Please observe at www.absnell.com/shop

Theres a big white gap between! I Guess this is changeable in the stylesheet or header but where?

Thanks in advance

Hey,

Ive implemented the Basic Blue design but i have a slight error with the gap between the columns, they are not directly next to the boxes,

Please observe at www.absnell.com/shop

Theres a big white gap between! I Guess this is changeable in the stylesheet or header but where?

Thanks in advance

It caused by the 3 images of the template on the left side in includes/header.php

if you wish to use a wide header graphic as an image like you have done you need to first remove them and the <td> they are in...