Sign in to follow this  
cfytable

Handling Fee Not Being Included in Credit Card Charge

This is in regard to osC 2.2ms2-22. Unfortunately, we can't upgrade to a newer release of osC at this point.

I used the following Handling Fee Contribution to add a $6 handling fee to every order. In the settings, this value is set as active and to be applied to all orders.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,1190/page,2

We use the Authorizenet_AIM contribution and PayPal standard for checkout. We just had our first order by CC. Our Admin order page shows the following:

Sub-Total: $100.00

Federal Express (1 x 4.37lbs) (Ground Service (4 days)): $6.87

Handling Fee: $6.00

Total: $112.87

However, only $106.87 was sent to AuthorizeNet for authorization and settlement. Obviously, the $6 handling fee isn't getting added.

A subsequent update to this contribution only seems to apply to PayPal IPN, or, if it applies to all, it doesn't explain where and what to edit in non-PayPal IPN scenarios.

Has anyone else had this problem and can point me to what file(s) I need to edit and what code I need to alter? I haven't seen if it the problem applies to PayPal regular orders as well, but I'm assuming it will. I'm hoping that there's some global value that I can edit that will add the handling fee into what is sent to Authorize.net & PayPal.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Payment gateways usually work by accepting the order total lines. I can't remember off the top of my head whether any have the ability to accept handling fee lines. If so, you need to add this to the module for each payment gateway.

The easiest option is just to incorporate handling fees into the shipping price.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Thanks for your reply. I subsequently found this fix:

Authorize Net AIM module (GPL)

v121 [bUG] - Totals calculated before dicounts

I applied the fix, and, while I haven't confirmed yet, it sounds like it should do the trick.

Thanks for your reply. I subsequently found this fix:

Authorize Net AIM module (GPL)

v121 [bUG] - Totals calculated before dicounts

I applied the fix, and, while I haven't confirmed yet, it sounds like it should do the trick.

Yes this fix works for most payment modules and any additional order totals...