• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PRODUCT ID/NUMBER

Hi

I am trying to remove the Product ID/Number for our live site but having been through all OS Forums I cannot find out how to do this.

I have set Product Model to 0 in Admin/Configuration/Product Listing but still the number appears on the site.

Can you please help me here ?

Our test site is here ;

http://usalakeballs.eu/index.php

The number I am refering to is the 2 digits that appear under the description of the product.

Thanks

Tom

That's the product id number displaying. To remove it, you will need to edit the code that displays it.

Hi

Where is the code and exactly which segment requires editing ?

Thanks

Tom

That's the product id number displaying. To remove it, you will need to edit the code that displays it.

Hi

I have set this to 0 (ZERO) but the product model still shows ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Tom

The product model is not the product id. The product id is a unique number assigned by the database to each product. It is not normally displayed or shown to customers, and an administrator does not normally ever need to edit or even view this number. Setting it to zero will not "fix" it, since it 1) must be unique and 2) will display whether it's 0 or 2189476.

It must be edited in the code that displays the link to the product. You apparently have some sort of template system, so I cannot tell you where exactly that is.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations