• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

remove english flag

techwizard

I need help in removing the flag icon that shows up by your product. I did look through both the search engine here and the configuration file on the script, neither were that successful in giving me the help I'd like so I'm coming to the forum directly with a message for help.

I'm very new to using OS Commerce but from what I can tell, it seems to be quite common to Zen Cart so I'm picking up on it rather quickly it's just the little things that are still confusing. Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

TW

I need help in removing the flag icon that shows up by your product. I did look through both the search engine here and the configuration file on the script, neither were that successful in giving me the help I'd like so I'm coming to the forum directly with a message for help.

I'm very new to using OS Commerce but from what I can tell, it seems to be quite common to Zen Cart so I'm picking up on it rather quickly it's just the little things that are still confusing. Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

TW

The documentation for OSCommerce is here:

Did you want to change the flag completely, or change it to another country?

Pauly

The documentation for OSCommerce is here:

Did you want to change the flag completely, or change it to another country?

Pauly

Sorry for the delay in response, holiday has been a little overwhelming. :blink: If it's possible change the flag to USA. I'm having trouble finding the information. I've looked all over the place and having trouble finding it. Thanks for any help provided!

TW

Sorry for the delay in response, holiday has been a little overwhelming. :blink: If it's possible change the flag to USA. I'm having trouble finding the information. I've looked all over the place and having trouble finding it. Thanks for any help provided!

TW

I noticed that there are not any US flags in the shop area so you could make a small icon and then upload it; it is about 24 x 15 pixels. It is located in the directory shop (or catalog)/includes/languages/english/images. It's called icon.gif.

Here is a site that has the icon you need: http://www.navyjack.info/clipart.html. The one that you should download is called 50-star.gif. Resample or resize to 24x15 pixels, upload to that directory and replace the Union Jack icon with it, and you are done!

Pauly

Edited by pglowiak

I have the same dilemma, only I wish to remove the flag graphic entirely, rather than replace it with something else.

Did a search thru the documentation PDF for "flag" and found nothing.

Get a copy of the english flag (called icon.gif in the includes/languages/english/images folder), paint it all white, save it as a transparent gif file and copy it back over the english flag...hey presto...no flag!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Thank you for this info, its very useful for newbies like me, when i searched the file: includes/language/english/icon, its only UK flag i saw there and i have 3 different flags on my template(UK,Spain and Germany), i want to remove all of them completely, please assist me on what to do. Prompt response will be appreciated.

Rgds