• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Revamped Osc Site

Gazonice

Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting such a great looking shop. This shows others what's possible with oscommerce. I got a question about your category box.

1) How did you create the horizontal line between each product?? I really like that and I have seen it before but i can't seem to get the same effect.

2) I also would like to know if it's possible to let the background of the product name light up, eachtime somebody hoveres over the products.

Hope you can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Grtz

DTE

Hi,

I used the Great categories contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...reat+categories

I have also seen a contribution with colours:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...reat+categories

I haven't tried that one though but see if the first one does what you want. I expect you could alter the rollover colour in the stylesheet file but that skill is slightly beyond me!

Kind Regards,

Garry

Garry

I think the shop looks great. However if I click on a category then click the "more" button I get a blank page.

If I click Buy now the continue shopping button is a broken image (red x). Some products give me a blank page when clicking buy now.

The shopping cart button to remove product instantly goes to a blank screen and takes two clicks on my browsers back button to get to a screen.

It looks from the other posts that others went to these pages so possibly you changed some code?

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

I think the shop looks great. However if I click on a category then click the "more" button I get a blank page.

If I click Buy now the continue shopping button is a broken image (red x). Some products give me a blank page when clicking buy now.

The shopping cart button to remove product instantly goes to a blank screen and takes two clicks on my browsers back button to get to a screen.

It looks from the other posts that others went to these pages so possibly you changed some code?

Hi,

Thanks for that.

It's very odd behaviour, I haven't altered the shop since I submitted it and I just went to check it out to see if it was OK and everything worked fine.

If anyone else sees these problems please let me know just in case there is a browser compatibility issue or similar.

Thank you,

Garry

Garry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey Garry.

what kind of modules did you use for ur site?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.. it took me a while to locate all the contributions I used.

Anyway here is the list - you should be able to find them all by searching through the contributions section...

• Great Categories.
  • UK Postal rates
  • Automatic Notify admin of new account
  • Back Button Improved
  • Category Names
  • Country State Selector
  • Dynamic Meta Tags
  • Google Feeding
  • Google Sitemaps
  • Index Ads
  • Improved Order Number
  • New Attributes Manager
  • (a modified) No Buy if Quantity Zero
  • Order Editor
  • Order Max Dropdown
  • Price Sort
  • Remove Price n Buy now if price = 0 (modded to include weight)
  • UK County Zones
  • Who's Online Enhancement
  • Popup Image
  • Robots txt
  • Paypal IPN

Cheers,

Garry

Garry

Hi

Your site looks fantastic and is an inspiration.

I have looked at your source code to see how you manage to change your layout.

<td align="center" class="shoppingcart"><form name="currencies" action="http://www.bearlythere.co.uk/index.php" method="get"><select name="currency" onChange="this.form.submit();" style="width: 155"><option value="USD">US Dollar</option><option value="EUR">Euro</option><option value="GBP" SELECTED>GB Pounds</option></select> Currencies<input type="hidden" name="TeKnoID" value="662abae09f6e017e0b681495a3ae33ef"></form></td>

I do not understand what this value="662abae09f6e017e0b681495a3ae33ef" is? Where do you get that info from?

I am beginning my site.

Many thanks.

Karin

Hi

Your site looks fantastic and is an inspiration.

I have looked at your source code to see how you manage to change your layout.

<td align="center" class="shoppingcart"><form name="currencies" action="http://www.bearlythere.co.uk/index.php" method="get"><select name="currency" onChange="this.form.submit();" style="width: 155"><option value="USD">US Dollar</option><option value="EUR">Euro</option><option value="GBP" SELECTED>GB Pounds</option></select> Currencies<input type="hidden" name="TeKnoID" value="662abae09f6e017e0b681495a3ae33ef"></form></td>

I do not understand what this value="662abae09f6e017e0b681495a3ae33ef" is? Where do you get that info from?

I am beginning my site.

Many thanks.

Karin

Hi Karin,

Thanks for your comments.

Viewing the source isn't going to help too much because all you will see is the html output of the PHP script after it has run.

The best approach is to go through some very basic PHP tutorials (there are dozens across the internet) to get an idea of PHP works. You can then analyse your own PHP pages to see how the pages are formed and also analyse the contributions to see how others have modified the code to get their results.

Although it might take a few days study, it will get you off to a better start when you work on your own project.

Kindest Regards,

Garry

Incidentally... the long alpha is the session ID.

Garry

Archived