• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I can't activate STS

kevinhsu

Hi!

I'm a new user of oscommerce and STS4.1. I installed oscommerce and STS4.1 successfully. But there was a problem. When I tried to activate STS, the default item alwayse shows "false". Even I highlight "true" then push activate, it still showed "false". Can anybody help me ? I don't know how to solve the problem.

Thanks a lot!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi!

I'm a new user of oscommerce and STS4.1. I installed oscommerce and STS4.1 successfully. But there was a problem. When I tried to activate STS, the default item alwayse shows "false". Even I highlight "true" then push activate, it still showed "false". Can anybody help me ? I don't know how to solve the problem.

Thanks a lot!

You need to add the osC Module Patch located on the STS download page.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 4 months later...
finally get it , thx

>_< >_< >_< it doesnt work. the same problem! cant update the false to true!

function do_magic_quotes_gpc(&$ar) {

if (!is_array($ar)) return false;

while (list($key, $value) = each($ar)) {

if (is_array($ar[$key])) {

do_magic_quotes_gpc($ar[$key]);

} else {

$ar[$key] = addslashes($value);

}

}

reset($ar);

}

is there sth wrong with the code??

• 3 months later...

I can't get my STS to work either. I installed v4.5.4 (full) and the the upgrades (v4.5.5 and 4.5.6) and when I go to modules to activate it I get the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Any ideas? I'm running oscommerce 2.2 - ms2

• 1 month later...
Hi!

Thanks a lot!

Is this patch required for the 2.2 ms 2 osCommerce version?

Is this patch required for the STS v 4.5.8?

Ready to give up on the STS v 4.5.8 package...anybody else successful?

Is this patch required for the 2.2 ms 2 osCommerce version?

Is this patch required for the STS v 4.5.8?

Ready to give up on the STS v 4.5.8 package...anybody else successful?

What kind of problems are you having? The above thread is pretty old so most of it does not even apply anymore.

The STSv4.5.8 User Manual states the official support link to post questions related to STS.

:thumbsup: If you have kept up with all of the bug fixes for osCommerce 2.2 or have the latest version of osCommerce (Online Merchant RC1), then you should not have any issues installing STSv4.5.8.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

What kind of problems are you having? I can't get the 'false' to change to 'true' after the module install within the Admin Panel.

The STSv4.5.8 User Manual states the official support link to post questions related to STS. I've posted there too...just looking to solve the problem. About to give up and just install an older version of STS. It did work in a prior install. I think it was SEO that messed it up. Don't remember...too many things I've learned in the last 2 weeks or so.

:thumbsup: If you have kept up with all of the bug fixes for osCommerce 2.2 or have the latest version of osCommerce (Online Merchant RC1), then you should not have any issues installing STSv4.5.8.

I've just installed osCommerce 2.2 ms. Getting everything to work first. Then I'll save my blank templates for my sites.

I'm just getting ready to install an older version of STS. Maybe I'll work on Easy Populate so I can wait for some assistance...

What kind of problems are you having? I can't get the 'false' to change to 'true' after the module install within the Admin Panel.

The STSv4.5.8 User Manual states the official support link to post questions related to STS. I've posted there too...just looking to solve the problem. About to give up and just install an older version of STS. It did work in a prior install. I think it was SEO that messed it up. Don't remember...too many things I've learned in the last 2 weeks or so.

I've just installed osCommerce 2.2 ms. Getting everything to work first. Then I'll save my blank templates for my sites.

I'm just getting ready to install an older version of STS. Maybe I'll work on Easy Populate so I can wait for some assistance...

Your problem is not with STS but with a bug in the osCommerce 060817 release. The lastest version of osC (RC1) has corrected this problem. If you do not want to upgrade to osC RC1, then you will need to fix the bug manually:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1117449

You will always have problems getting any version of STS4x to enable until you fix the above. THIS IS NOT AN STS ISSUE BUT A BUG IN THE VERSION OF OSCOMMERCE THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY USING.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thanks for the reply. I am running osCommerce 2.2-MS2, I don't know the difference from rs.

But, I looked at the files and What I have now is:

catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php is:

<?php

/*

$Id: compatibility.php,v 1.19 2003/04/09 16:12:54 project3000 Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2006 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

Modified by Marco Canini, <[email protected]>

- Fixed a bug with arrays in $HTTP_xxx_VARS

*/

////

// Recursively handle magic_quotes_gpc turned off.

// This is due to the possibility of have an array in

// $HTTP_xxx_VARS

// Ie, products attributes

} else {

}

}

}

// $HTTP_xxx_VARS are always set on php4

if (!is_array($HTTP_GET_VARS)) $HTTP_GET_VARS = array();

if (!is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS)) $HTTP_POST_VARS = array();

and it goes on...

and for File: catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php

I have:

<?php

/*

$Id: compatibility.php,v 1.10 2003/06/23 01:20:05 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2006 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

////

// Recursively handle magic_quotes_gpc turned off.

// This is due to the possibility of have an array in

// $HTTP_xxx_VARS

// Ie, products attributes

} else {

}

}

}

// $HTTP_xxx_VARS are always set on php4

if (!is_array($HTTP_GET_VARS)) $HTTP_GET_VARS = array();

if (!is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS)) $HTTP_POST_VARS = array();

...and it continues

I AM going to upload the osC (RC1). Don't know what the version I am running is, nor the differences are.

thanks,

I'll update you on progress. thanks

Edited by learning4

Thanks for the reply. I am running osCommerce 2.2-MS2, I don't know the difference from rs.

But, I looked at the files and What I have now is:

catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php is:

and it goes on...

and for File: catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php

I have:

...and it continues

I AM going to upload the osC (RC1). Don't know what the version I am running is, nor the differences are.

thanks,

I'll update you on progress. thanks

FYI, bkellum,

Just uploaded and installed os RC1. But having same issue with config sytem. I created a post and will reinstall STS after clear up issue. Posted here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=256532&st=

to be continued...

FYI, bkellum,

Just uploaded and installed os RC1. But having same issue with config sytem. I created a post and will reinstall STS after clear up issue. Posted here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=256532&st=

to be continued...

Uploaded osC RC1...had to delete my site completely and then setup the site again. All is well now. Thank you everyone for your help.