• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Website Payments Standard

schneckster

Hi all,

I've done a search for the answers I need but the number of variations on the same theme have confused me enough that I don't know which is relevant to what I want.

What I want is to use Paypal's Website Payment Standard tools in Merchant Tools. I want to be able to accept payment from Paypal members and credit/debit card payments from non members. Ideally, I'd also like users to enter their credit card details on Paypal's site rather than mine to save the expense (in the short term) of SSL's, etc., but that assumes my understanding of Paypal's merchant tools is correct (is it?)

So, does the Paypal module that comes with OSC do what I want? If not, what contribs do I need to achieve this?

Again, apologies if the answers are in a search of the forum, but as I said, there are so many results, I can't see the wood for the trees!

Thanks for your help,

Schneckster

I would suggest using one of the PayPal IPN modules instead of the one with stock osCommerce. The most recommended is developed by the osCommerce team: osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2

I use PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN - I've used it since it first came out and haven't yet tried the one above.

Hi all,

I've done a search for the answers I need but the number of variations on the same theme have confused me enough that I don't know which is relevant to what I want.

What I want is to use Paypal's Website Payment Standard tools in Merchant Tools. I want to be able to accept payment from Paypal members and credit/debit card payments from non members. Ideally, I'd also like users to enter their credit card details on Paypal's site rather than mine to save the expense (in the short term) of SSL's, etc., but that assumes my understanding of Paypal's merchant tools is correct (is it?)

So, does the Paypal module that comes with OSC do what I want? If not, what contribs do I need to achieve this?

Again, apologies if the answers are in a search of the forum, but as I said, there are so many results, I can't see the wood for the trees!

Thanks for your help,

Schneckster

Edited by Maureen

Hoping this is the right section here but what I'm trying to do is this.. my client wants to do a basic Pay Pal set up. Where the customer has the option to either pay using a Pay Pal email address - not CC merchant or go through USPS. What I have noticed though with OS Commerce is it doesn't give you the Pay Pal option. How would you set this up since it isn't within those options?

Second question. How would you avoid or I guess the better way of saying it is rid the remark at the bottom of the page stating that it is not secure to order on it? Could someone tell me where in the installation manual that is. Any help is greatly appreciated on this issue. Thanks in advance all.

TW

Hoping this is the right section here but what I'm trying to do is this.. my client wants to do a basic Pay Pal set up. Where the customer has the option to either pay using a Pay Pal email address - not CC merchant or go through USPS. What I have noticed though with OS Commerce is it doesn't give you the Pay Pal option. How would you set this up since it isn't within those options?

Second question. How would you avoid or I guess the better way of saying it is rid the remark at the bottom of the page stating that it is not secure to order on it? Could someone tell me where in the installation manual that is. Any help is greatly appreciated on this issue. Thanks in advance all.

TW

I thought the stock osCommerce came with a PayPal option but you could use either of the ones listed in the post above. The option to only accept payment from a PayPal account (and not use CC through PayPal) is a setting in the PayPal account profile not in osCommerce.

For your second question, do a search on the forum for SSL or Secure Certificate. I'm pretty sure the only way to get rid of that warning is by using some form of secure ceritificate on the site. There are ones you purchase and shared SSL that some host providers offer.

Installation manual for osCommerce? There is some documentation that comes with the script download and you can look here >> Documentation Knowledge Base