• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to block purchase?

egliteaw

In the line of business my client is doing, it is a frequent issue that certain people will purchase products and then turn around and redistribute them as their own. They keep a "black list" of people (identified by email address) that should not be sold to.

Is there a way in osCommerce to have registered email addresses automatically rejected if they attempt to make a purchase? :blink:

In the line of business my client is doing, it is a frequent issue that certain people will purchase products and then turn around and redistribute them as their own. They keep a "black list" of people (identified by email address) that should not be sold to.

Is there a way in osCommerce to have registered email addresses automatically rejected if they attempt to make a purchase? :blink:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ry/search,17188

Okay, I may have spoken too soon on this being perfect. This does take care of part of the problem because it allows me to blacklist someone who has signed up. But, I need to be able to enter a list of email addresses that are banned (before the user has set up a customer account) so that they will not be allowed to ever set up an account or even shop as a guest. Is that simply a modification on this contrib?

Okay, I may have spoken too soon on this being perfect. This does take care of part of the problem because it allows me to blacklist someone who has signed up. But, I need to be able to enter a list of email addresses that are banned (before the user has set up a customer account) so that they will not be allowed to ever set up an account or even shop as a guest. Is that simply a modification on this contrib?

Hmmmmmm.

Why not just enter those people then ? you'd need to comment out the email notification thought.

Or - Use the back-end (phpMyAdmin) and just run this :

INSERT INTO `customers` ( `customers_id` , `customers_gender` , `customers_firstname` , `customers_lastname` , `customers_dob` , `customers_email_address` , `customers_default_address_id` , `customers_telephone` , `customers_fax` , `customers_password` , `customers_newsletter` )

VALUES (

'9999', 'M', 'deleteme', 'deleteme', '2006-12-19 00:00:00', '[email protected]', '0', '555 5555', '555 5555', MD5( '' ) , '0'

);

The only real info you need to enter is the email address. Correct ?

david

That should work! Can't believe I didn't think of that...must have been a blonde day...LOL. I will get with my client and get the list. Thanks! I guess since all I need is the email address, I can enter anything for the other info right?

That should work! Can't believe I didn't think of that...must have been a blonde day...LOL. I will get with my client and get the list. Thanks! I guess since all I need is the email address, I can enter anything for the other info right?

No!

The only NULL values allowed are

fax

newsletter.

But - if the black list only checks against an email address, then just enter in the dummy data.

If I were you - I would copy this insert line to a text editor like Editplus :

INSERT INTO `customers` ( `customers_id` , `customers_gender` , `customers_firstname` , `customers_lastname` , `customers_dob` , `customers_email_address` , `customers_default_address_id` , `customers_telephone` , `customers_fax` , `customers_password` , `customers_newsletter` )

VALUES (

'9999', 'M', 'deleteme', 'deleteme', '2006-12-19 00:00:00', '[email protected]', '0', '555 5555', '555 5555', MD5( '' ) , '0'

);

then have a single insert line for each inserted row- the only differnece being the email address value.

Save the file.

OPen up phpMyAdmin.

Copy the file to the SQL window, and hit Go.

Done.

If you have over a thousand emails and you have SSH, then email me direct and I'll send you my own Perl that I use for bulk inserts like this.

My app reads in a file and for each line will insert into the db.

hth, david

Archived