cannuck1964

This is the only thread I will be monitoring for the new InfoBox Quick Pick

You can find the contribution at this URL:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4734

cheers,

Peter M

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

Thanks Peter. I've installed this contribution; however, when I log into an account, the infobox does not appear and all the infoboxes in the right column below the infobox disappear as well. Any ideas? Thanks!

Scott

I would disable it for now. I will have a look at it in the morning and if any updates are needed, I will adjust it. I took this from some older files I have and put it together.

Let me look at it in the morning and I will be better able to offer a fix for the issue (if this is on a test site you can send me the url).

I do know it works well as I have several other sites using it without issue ;)

cheers,

Peter M

Edited by cannuck1964

Peter McGrath

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

Hi have installed the system into a fresh osCommerce MS2 install. You are correct there was an error. The includes/boxes/quick_pick.php file had an issue which I have fixed (was calling a different function then is native to osCommerce).

Please get the updated file from the download package. Only the one file has been changed.

cheers and hope you like it

Peter M

Edited by cannuck1964

Peter McGrath

Great contribution. However, I'm getting this error when hitting BUY NOW on a saved order:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_id' in 'field list'

select products_options_id, products_options_values_id from orders_products_attributes where orders_products_id = '10'

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas?

Not off hand, I will have alook at it in the morning and supply a fix if needed. Do you have any other contributions added in that are related to the attribute system? I have a fresh install where the contribution is installed and I will test on that, I assume the saved order had at least one product with an attribute in it?

cheers,

Peter M

Peter McGrath

Thanks Pete. No, I do not use attributes at all on this particular site. The only other contribution I can think of that may be conflicting is Seperate Pricing Per Customer, but even that doesn't affect attributes as far as I can tell. It works fine if I save and order and then check out. It only gives me the error when I select a past order and try to check out.

David

Not off hand, I will have alook at it in the morning and supply a fix if needed. Do you have any other contributions added in that are related to the attribute system? I have a fresh install where the contribution is installed and I will test on that, I assume the saved order had at least one product with an attribute in it?

cheers,

Peter M

Ok,

I missed some file changes and two DB changes for the orders_products_attributes table.

The installation docs and the changes for the checkout_process.php file have been added to the install doc.

Please add the changes and re-test. I believe I have gotten all of the file changes in place now.

cheers,

Peter M

Peter McGrath

Thanks, Pete. I'm still getting the same error. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling again. It's really strange because I don't use attributes on this site at all. I'll keep checking back in case the problem get's resolved. By the way, the site in progress is http://safetypig.com/catalog .

David

Ok,

I missed some file changes and two DB changes for the orders_products_attributes table.

The installation docs and the changes for the checkout_process.php file have been added to the install doc.

Please add the changes and re-test. I believe I have gotten all of the file changes in place now.

cheers,

Peter M

Did you add in the new SQL as well?

here is what is needed:

ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes ADD products_options_id int NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes ADD products_options_values_id int NOT NULL;

As well there was a change to the checkout_process file. This is documented in the install doc found in the newest release.

cheers,

Peter

Peter McGrath

I just downloaded and installed the whole new version, assuming the new SQL was part of it (you might want to check to see if you updated that). In any case, I added the two SQL lines and everything is working perfectly. This is a great contribution, Peter, and is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for all your hard work on this!

David

Did you add in the new SQL as well?

here is what is needed:

ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes ADD products_options_id int NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes ADD products_options_values_id int NOT NULL;

As well there was a change to the checkout_process file. This is documented in the install doc found in the newest release.

cheers,

Peter

cheers and Glad it is straightened out for you and have a happy holiday season :)

Peter M

Peter McGrath

cheers and Glad it is straightened out for you and have a happy holiday season :)

Peter M

Peter,

It is correct that the new modifications to the sql were not included in the sql file that is currently downloadable in the recent update; however the table alter was in the updated instructions. Appreciate your efforts - I'm working on a cosmetic update that I'll email to you so that it could be an alternative method using icons vs. buttons (when I'm done with it) - that way, it will be at your discretion as to whether you include it in future packages. :D

Scott

Thanks,

Now I understand what you ment there ;)

I have fixed up the distribution and it should be complete now.

cheers,

Peter

Peter McGrath

The system allows customers to save products that are in the cart as an order, this order is saved with a name, then recalled by selection of the saved order name.

The past orders made by the customer are also displayed and allow for simple adding to the cart via one button selection.

test it some and you will see that is is a simple but useful tool for re-ordering of products by customers.

cheers,

Peter M

Peter McGrath

I thought I did everything correctly, after loading the code, I received blank screens. Is the latest contribution complete?

The system allows customers to save products that are in the cart as an order, this order is saved with a name, then recalled by selection of the saved order name.

The past orders made by the customer are also displayed and allow for simple adding to the cart via one button selection.

test it some and you will see that is is a simple but useful tool for re-ordering of products by customers.

cheers,

Peter M

Yes it is complete and functioning fully. There were a few minor issues which I missed but if you obtained the most recent, then it should be working just fine.

cheers,

Peter M

Peter McGrath

One other very minor modification needs to be made to the instructions. When viewing a past order, you get a double dollar sign to the total cost ($$). Under catalog/includes/languages/english.php, the following line:

define('TEXT_QUICK_PICK_ORDER_TOTAL', '<b>Order Total Cost </b>$');

Should be:

define('TEXT_QUICK_PICK_ORDER_TOTAL', '<b>Order Total Cost </b>');

(without the $)

Yes it is complete and functioning fully. There were a few minor issues which I missed but if you obtained the most recent, then it should be working just fine.

cheers,

Peter M

I am up and running right. Thanks

Glad to hear so :)

One other very minor modification needs to be made to the instructions. When viewing a past order, you get a double dollar sign to the total cost ($$). Under catalog/includes/languages/english.php, the following line:

define('TEXT_QUICK_PICK_ORDER_TOTAL', '<b>Order Total Cost </b>$');

Should be:

define('TEXT_QUICK_PICK_ORDER_TOTAL', '<b>Order Total Cost </b>');

(without the $)

I will fix this and add a new upload, not a huge thing to fix :)

cheers,

Peter M

Peter McGrath

Not sure about auto expand, but this can be adjusted so it is set to a larger value.

I would have to review the code to see where this would be done....

cheers,

Peter M

Peter McGrath

Update added to the contribution:

Changes added to it for the use of icons instead of button images.

There has been a small change to the english.php file as well for fixing a spelling issue.

Thanks go to Scott (olsonsp4c) for the additions for the icons to the script.

cheers and happy holidays to all.

Peter M

Peter McGrath