• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quick Pick InfoBox Support Thread

cannuck1964

I had this working perfectly, but now I'm running into a problem when viewing past orders. It shows the list of past orders, but when I select one, all I get is:

x

Order Total Cost $0.00

My Account Information/Previous Orders is also doing the same thing in the past orders table. Can you point me to which files I should be looking at where this info comes from?

Thanks!

David Ross

Did you install the changes missed from the initial release?

If so, then past orders that were made prior to the installation of the quick orders system will not have all of the stored info needed to pull the past orders made.

All new orders will contain the correct info and will display correctly though, and over some time this situation will correct itself automatically.

cheers,

Peter M

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

I've reinstalled with the new updates and get the same problem.

I think there's something else going on because I'm getting the same missing fields when checking past orders under my customer account under "order information". Everything under the Admin shows correctly.

What file does this information pull from? Perhaps I can compare it to the Admin files and figure it out?

Thanks!

David Ross

The past orders have two new fields added to the orders DB table.

These new fields will not break the My Account area at all, as that area will ignore the new fields added to the orders table.

The orders prior to the adding of these new fields should also work correctly, but will not display any attributes associated with the past order as the new fields added to the orders table are only for the orders attributes.

The pulling of the past orders is done though the includes/functions/quick_pick.php file and gets data from the orders table, and if the order had attributes associated with it, then from the attribute tables.

I suspect something else is going on there as this should be working fine and works without issue on the fresh install of osCommerce on my dev server. I have run several orders through and all display correctly.

Do you have other contributions installed on the site which effect the orders? Are these orders done with paypal IPN? There is something strange going on here and I would be curious as well to know what the issue is so it can be fixed.

cheers,

Peter M.

Peter McGrath

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

Turns out, it had nothing to do with Quick Pick. There was a conflict with Mutli-Vendor shipping, which had to do with the order.php file. Once I replaced that file with a previous back up, everything worked perfectly.

Another question: Is there anyway to get the past order list to display differently? The client I'm doing this for wants it to display the order number and date, but does not want the time displayed.

David

You would need to edit the includes/functions/quick_pick.php file an look for the function which displays the past orders. It is there that the drop down is created.

cheers,

Peter M

Peter McGrath

• 2 months later...

nice one peter, haven't gone through extensively yet but I just noticed in the includes\boxes\quick_pcik.php the last few lines should be:

<!-- Quick Pick EOF//-->
		</td>
	  </tr>

they're the other way round.

• 3 months later...
nice one peter, haven't gone through extensively yet but I just noticed in the includes\boxes\quick_pcik.php the last few lines should be:

<!-- Quick Pick EOF//-->
		</td>
	  </tr>

they're the other way round.

Ok so im thinking here...

If we make an attribute of say 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month.

Is there any way we can run say a cron to automatically populate the cart for those time periods and effectively have recurring billing?

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This contribution is fantastic, I have installed it and is working nice. Thank you!

Only a little sugestion.

I have a fresh food store, so "Out of Stock" products is a normal situation with fruits and vegetables.

A way to avoid loading "Out of Stock" products to the basket will be very useful.