• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free Call for Price v4.0

Ajeh

Turning on the Company Name option right now adds the Company name field only to the create_account.php and the account.php screens. However, the Company Name does not show up in some very critical areas. Here is where it would be beneficial to have the Company Name field show in the /catalog files:

• checkout_payment.php

[*] checkout_address.php

[*] checkout_confirmation.php

[*] email sent upon checkout success

[*] account_history.php

[*] account_history_info.php

You'll notice that if you run a sample transaction and assume that the buyer is a business and not an individual, currently there is no way for the screens or paperwork to identify the transaction by the actual buyer -- its all the contact person. Most businesses or government entities do not want the account history or Sold To or Delivered To in an individual's name -- they need it to be in the business or organization's name.

In the Admin section, would need the Company Name on the following:

• customers.php (in the listing mode in order to find the right customer)

[*] orders.php (again, in the listing mode and the individual edit screens for orders)

[*] invoice.php

[*] packingslip.php

It would also be very helpful in the orders and customers screen to be able to sort by company name so as to spot orders by clients. In this case, it would be nice to have a default setting capability to choose between the normal sort by customer name versus having the default by company name. Again, all designed for those who use OSC for mostly business-to-business as opposed to selling to individuals.

Does that make sense? More importantly, does it sound like it can be done fairly easily or is this too complicated? My hope is that since the company name gets entered that it is available to be used in any screen and any selection/sort.

Would be exciting if you could do this, and I think it would add a whole new dimension/direction for OSC. Thanks for considering it. Based on your other work, you look like the right person to take on the challenge!

:wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Linda:

How do I set the "New Products" so that it doesn't just match the current month? I want to use the default method of showing the last several entered items as "new" all the time. Can't seem to figure out where to change that.

You will need to edit the paramaters on the select statement for that program and setup some sort of new paramaters for your definition of New Products.

For example, in my Free Call for Price v4.0 I use a filter expression to configure this. I define it for the current month, but it could be modified to some other paramater.

Look at /includes/modules/new_products.php and fool around with what you want the paramaters for the select statement to be.

Hi Linda:

Yes, I have your Free Call v.4 installed. I looked at the new_products.php but can't figure out how to adjust it. What i want is to have the last 6 items or so entered show as new. Could you give me an idea of which lines to edit? I'm pretty new and basic when it comes to php. Thanks.

I have a definition in the language files to use the current month of the current year for the filter on new products.

If you want something different, you need to write a select statement to match what you are expecting it to do.

The download.php problem is this:

If a download is coming from a php file named download.php, and download.php sends a header to the browser saying "this is a zip file, and name it blahblah.zip", then IE on windows will use the right name, Moz on all platforms will use the filename, but IE on Mac will insist on using the filename of the page, not the filename specified in the header information.

The fix is to have whoever controls download.php to munge the URL to look like this:

blahblah.php/filename.zip?other=something&something=somethingelse

See the filename.zip between the slash and the ?

Most browsers will ignore it, but IE on mac will use filename.zip for the filename.

Or just upgrade to a real browser, Moz is pretty nice now.... 8-)

I know this because the company I work for has this exact bug in my Bugzilla list... 8-(

I'm getting this message when downloading Free Call For price:

Warning: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/payment/purchased_order.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/webmaker/public_html/working/includes/classes/payment.php on line 25

Warning: Failed opening 'includes/modules/payment/purchased_order.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/webmaker/public_html/working/includes/classes/payment.php on line 26

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: purchased_order in /home/webmaker/public_html/working/includes/classes/payment.php on line 29

At this page:

https://secure.sashbox.net/thewebmakerscorn...e2fbfc5a7c96432

Can you please fix this so I can download this module? Thanks!!!

• 11 months later...

I would like to replace the price on a product with a link that would ask the customer for their email address, then send an email to that address with the price of the product. Can this contribution do this?

For an example of what I'm looking for, check out this site:

Woodwind and Brasswind

On the third product down there is a link instead of a price. When you click the link it pops up a new window, asking for your email address. If you put in an email address it generates an email with a price quote.

• 2 years later...

I recently downloaded Linda's "Free Call for Price v4.0" contribution, and I cant wait to get it working.

But I'm having fits with errors.

Like...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /******/catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 125

etc.

Does this contribution work with the most recent version of OsCommerce?

Could anyone point me in the right direction? I've been search for hours...

I recently downloaded Linda's "Free Call for Price v4.0" contribution, and I cant wait to get it working.

But I'm having fits with errors.

Like...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /******/catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 125

etc.

Does this contribution work with the most recent version of OsCommerce?

Could anyone point me in the right direction? I've been search for hours...

I'm afraid it's definitely in need of an update. I can't make the contribs here work or from Linda's site. Anyone else messing with this?

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

I'm afraid it's definitely in need of an update. I can't make the contribs here work or from Linda's site. Anyone else messing with this?

Iggy

I did find another contribution that I have installed and working.

Call For Pricing / Negotiable Pricing

Its a simple contribution compared to Linda's package. It might be easier to start with a setup like this. I havn't found a support thread yet. I would like to add additional option's like Linda's package ie- Call for price, Make an offer, Showroom only.... but I'm not sure how many variables I limited to with the if-then-else code of this package. Ideas?

• 5 months later...

Hi Linda,

I just downloaded the 'free call for price' contrib and have a few questions...

I downloaded it primarily for the ability to set the price based on the attributes. I already have a contribution in place to handle products when price=0. I was wondering what the best way to go about this is - are you able to lead me in the right direction on what needs to be changed just to modify the pricing structure?

Thanks for any help :)

~Barbara~

Hi Linda,

I just downloaded the 'free call for price' contrib and have a few questions...

I downloaded it primarily for the ability to set the price based on the attributes. I already have a contribution in place to handle products when price=0. I was wondering what the best way to go about this is - are you able to lead me in the right direction on what needs to be changed just to modify the pricing structure?

Thanks for any help :)

~Barbara~

I've been thinking about this more and more and have decided that I don't think I want to display the price in the top right (or on the prosuct listing page) if there are price modifying attributes for the particular product. I'm thinking that some kind of if statement is needed, and that the price based on attributes part of this contribution probably uses it - can anyone hep me out with what I'm looking for?

Thanks,

~Barbara~

• 3 months later...
Free Call for Price v4.0 can be tested and downloaded at:

http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/working/

Hi,

I've been trying to download it but no way to to succeed. It fails when i try to checkout...

By the way, i'm looking for a contribuition that allows me to make reservations instead of buying the product. Does your contribuition allow it?

Thank you in advance.

Billsoft.