• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

loading an .sql file

can anyone please help me with loading a .sql file, or batch file?

i am not using phpmyadmin, all changes are on localhost. can i do it through osc admin?

the file is from a sitemap contrib and i just dont know what "load the install.sql file" means.

any help would be very much apreciated.

thanks

can anyone please help me with loading a .sql file, or batch file?

i am not using phpmyadmin, all changes are on localhost. can i do it through osc admin?

the file is from a sitemap contrib and i just dont know what "load the install.sql file" means.

any help would be very much apreciated.

thanks

Hi Paul,

I think I just reply to this question to you a minute ago. Quite funny! Anyway, here it is again.

The only way I know of is to use a program, one of which is called phpMyAdmin. You probably have this somewhere in your cpanel (control panel) for your website. On one of mine I have to first go into MySQLAdministration then the phpMyAdmin is in there. Search in your cpanel and you might find it. It was already available in both of the sites I have with different companies. Anyway, hopefully its there, if not maybe you can download it.

Assuming its there, what you do is make sure you have made a backup of your database! Just in case. Then go into phpmyadmin and make sure you are in the correct database if you have more then one on your site. You will see several tabs on the top of a box and one wil be Import or if that isn't there then click on the one that shows SQL. You should get a Browse button feature. Just browse for where the SQL file is on your computer for the contribution installation and click GO or possibly RUN and that is all! it should do what the file commanded it to do. You may also manually cut and paste the SQL file into the box, but I would prefer to browse for it.

I am fairly new to this website stuff myself so maybe there is another way to do it. I am just giving you what I know. Don't you have a control panel for your site?

Hope this helps!

Leslie

Hey,

I just typed "how to load a SQL file" into google and got lots of results of downloadable programs to do this. They seem to be called something on the lines of "SQL Query Analyzer". I don't have the time right now to get into this deeper, but I am sure you can find a program there to download for free that will do the trick!

That's all I can suggest to you on this one.

Best Wishes and have a Blessed Christmas!

Leslie

The easiest way is to install phpmyadmin. It is free and installs in minutes. If you don't want to do that, there are other programs available to do it but you would have to install them also.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons