• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Identifying Contributions

timgaunt

Hi,

We've inherited an installation of OSCommerce from a previous developer who hasn't made any record of the (numerous) contributions he's installed. Many of which are no longer needed but is there anyway we can identify which he's installed?

TIA

Tim

Not unless you are very familiar with OSC.

That's a shame, the URL is www.florame.co.uk

There's also an admin area which has access restriction so I'm guessing there's a module in there somewhere...

So far I know they've got Ultimate SEO, Google Sitemaps, Sitemap Generator and WorldPay, I've worked out a few more too but the FSO is massively full of duplicated files it makes it difficult to work out what's going on.

That is a nice site. Nice clean layout and straight to the point.

I would suggest if you're going to stick with it .. find a developer that knows the OSC system.

To find out more about exactly which mods have been installed your best bet is to look at the catalog and admin includes/database.php files.

The tables used for the data are a dead giveaway.

Also by opening each file and looking at the credits and mod info at the top will most likely give you the exact name of the mod ... some even have a link to the contribution and forum support threads.

Hope that gave you some ideas.

Oh and P.S. ... And don't forget to tell your developer if you use one .. to keep a copy of all the mods they installed.

Edited by insomniac2

That is a nice site. Nice clean layout and straight to the point.

Visually it's somewhat appealing but there are massive issues with it form an accesibility POV and the HTML is just a plain mess

I would suggest if you're going to stick with it .. find a developer that knows the OSC system.

I'm the developer, this isn't our first play with OSC but this installation is shocking

To find out more about exactly which mods have been installed your best bet is to look at the catalog and admin includes/database.php files.

The tables used for the data are a dead giveaway.

Thanks I'll look through those.

Also by opening each file and looking at the credits and mod info at the top will most likely give you the exact name of the mod ... some even have a link to the contribution and forum support threads.

There's about 14,000 files, some images but most duplicates from where the previous developer was using a hit and miss approach, many of the credits have also been removed which is why I posted here :)

Hope that gave you some ideas.

We've certainly got somewhere to start, I was just hoping there was some simple module checker but oh well ;)

Oh and P.S. ... And don't forget to tell your developer if you use one .. to keep a copy of all the mods they installed.

That would be logical! Sadly however the previous developer didn't, we however have an CSV of the Extension installed including among other things the URL from which we got the contribution and a copy of the ZIP file just in case :)

Thanks for your tips, we're basically binning what's there atm in favour of a clean install and new CSS/XHTML templates, I'll drop over a link when it's done if you're interested.

Tim