Sign in to follow this  
Sanguinarius

Free SMS Text Message Order Notification v1.1a

I'm using OSC 2.2 MS2 and installed the Free SMS Text Message Order Notification v1.1a at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...t+Message+Order and I submitted a test order. I used my 10 digit cell phone # @ vtext.com and made sure it was enabled (and my cell phone on, of course). I've waited at least 10 minutes, but nothing ever came through. Can anybody help me out? I will supply whatever additional info you may require.

Would it make a difference as to the payment method, like if I selected Check/Money Order (rather than Paypal or 2co)? I didn't want to actually charge myself monewy for the test, b/c both those processors take a percentage out...ok, I'm Little Cheapo, what can I say? But, does that make a difference if it sends it or not?

If not, I need to figure out what's the matter. As far as I know, I installed it correctly (it was very easy) and uploade the file and ran the sql query. I've installed a lot more complicated mods, so...I don't think THAT'S the problem.

**Edit**

The only other thing I can think of, is that it is a Tracfone (Nokia 1100). Would that make a diff? I'm supposed to be able to send and receive text messages on my Tracfone, though (and have done both).

Edited by Sanguinarius

--Sanguinarius

If you're reading this, I'm probably pulling my hair out. ;>

*waiting for osCommerce 3.0 alpha 6* (I'm after the coupons.)

Duh, it works (YAY!!!), but I'm a flippin' idiot! I had entered the wrong phone number in the config area.... *embarrassed blush* I'm sorry for bothering your time. (It's been a long day.)

Edited by Sanguinarius

--Sanguinarius

If you're reading this, I'm probably pulling my hair out. ;>

*waiting for osCommerce 3.0 alpha 6* (I'm after the coupons.)

Duh, it works (YAY!!!), but I'm a flippin' idiot! I had entered the wrong phone number in the config area.... *embarrassed blush* I'm sorry for bothering your time. (It's been a long day.)

i can't get it to work.. does it not support denmark (telia)

I can't get it to work either. I'm in the USA using cingular wireless (now AT&T), which uses [10digit number]@mmode.com. I can send a text with my email system fine. Just not getting anything when an order is placed.

Is anyone else getting it to work with the same provider. Any ideas otherwise how I can make it work?

thank you,

Leslie

I can't get it to work either. I'm in the USA using cingular wireless (now AT&T), which uses [10digit number]@mmode.com. I can send a text with my email system fine. Just not getting anything when an order is placed.

Is anyone else getting it to work with the same provider. Any ideas otherwise how I can make it work?

thank you,

Leslie

Same problem here, I'm using a xxx@orange.net number and I can email it fine and receive a text....but not from this contribution. Not much modding was involved, so cant imagine where the problem lies.